“average hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

Save Saved
You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #118 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

we had a mixed experience with this hotel - upon arrival we immediately had problems with the room; no heat, no tv and a bad door lock. The front desk responded and ultimately we got another room. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly; the one exception was the breakfast hostess - she was in dire need of another job. Not friendly or helpful.
All in all, I'd probably look elsewhere next time I'm in New Orleans.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Biloxi, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

After passing by it several times, I have often wondered what this hotel was like. I generally pass on it because it was a little pricier than other nice hotels in the area. Since the town was booked up we gave it a try. The hotel appeared nice and festively decorated. Check in was fast and easy. We stayed in the adjoining building B which seemed to have no attendant. I would assume that had we needed something we would have had to walk next door. We had no issues so we never had to test that theory. Our room was beautiful and spacious. I loved the brick walls and stylish décor. The bathroom was large with double sink and garden tub. However, the hot water ran out before the tub fills near enough to enjoy a nice bubble bath. They only provided two full size towels so prepare to request more in advance. The gentleman out front was happy to hail a cab for us and was very helpful with baggage. This is a rather nice area of New Orleans where I felt safe walking around. You will need your room key to enter the building after hours which is a good safety feature in New Orleans. There is no room service so if you want a late night bite brought in be prepared to order in. We ordered in from the option they provided. (Most don't serve late) It took a while and was a little costly for what we had. The place did demand cash payments though which is annoying. Finally, the bed had crisp, clean, white linens and the pillows were soft and comfy. We slept well which we don't always do in a hotel. They do provide a light breakfast in the lobby of coffee, juice, fruit, muffins and that sort of thing. Overall, it was a nice, clean place to stay in New Orleans and I would consider staying again.

Room Tip: I would request to be in the main building where they have a counter attendant. I worry that if iss...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Here in Nola on business, company booked hotel. It's quaint with decent location. Second night coworker woke me up at 4 am because bed bugs were crawling on her, room 421. I checked my mattress and stains galore, but thankfully no visible bugs, but she had pictures and video of bugs crawling on bed, ew. Second co worker got athletes foot from shower, which was dirty. My room was ok, and I mean just ok. Peeling wall paper, musty heat smell, and slightly unkempt. Do. Not. Stay. Here. Bugs! Dirty infection spreading showers!

Room Tip: No rooms are safe from bed bugs, check bed bug registry and read reviews... These bugs will follow...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bridgewater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I am surprised that there were poor reviews regarding this hotel. My wife and I stayed there for three nights (Nov 17,18 & 19) and we were very satisfied. We had a very nice room with a comfortable king sized bed. We were actually in a building right next door to the main hotel so maybe this made it better, I don't know. It was very clean and it was quiet. Some people have complained about the complimentary breakfast. Fair enough. The breakfast was little more that juice, coffee and toast and the room was small. Big deal. There is a diner a block away and two people can get a very nice breakfast there for $12 total. The location is great, within walking distance of the Superdome and Bourbon Street. We got a good rate and were very happy with everything. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am on my 3rd night here and normally never write reviews although felt compelled to so no other people endure this horrible experience.

The rooms are old, which I thought may be charming in New Orleans, although old and dirty is not acceptable. The breakfast (that is included) is bread and butter with apples in a bowl and in a bar with barely any seating. It was not good enough. the lock on my key didnt work and when I called engineering to fix it he said this happens all the time and it was because the hotel was old. I REPEATEDLY was locked out of my room. The staff all seemed not to know what they were doing and for $450 per night this was absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

the price was faired, although I did not like their mandatory taxed (wifi, etc). Location was ideal, blocks of walking distant to the main street and onto Bourbon. I have to share that I encountered an issue with cancellation. I had two confirmation numbers with different stay/rates, I'd amended one of my stay and thought I canceled my other. With my attention I realized I had been charged for what I thought I had canceled (that I did not stay for) contacted the hotel and management and after valuable time with the credit and management, the hotel respectfully and professionally resolved this issue and credit those charges (any hotel could had said or BS this issue) but they came through and assured me and for that if/when I am to visit again I would consider Queen and Crescent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Too small space, poor internet, bad checkout policy, poor equipment, not good enough breakfast, and high price. We booked 7 nights, but just stayed one night, then quit. However, we were charged two nights, that is, we were extra charged one night. This is the first time I met with this kind of bad policy. Bad hotel, bad policy.

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!