“Bed bugs, athletes foot need I say more...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #117 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bed bugs, athletes foot need I say more...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Here in Nola on business, company booked hotel. It's quaint with decent location. Second night coworker woke me up at 4 am because bed bugs were crawling on her, room 421. I checked my mattress and stains galore, but thankfully no visible bugs, but she had pictures and video of bugs crawling on bed, ew. Second co worker got athletes foot from shower, which was dirty. My room was ok, and I mean just ok. Peeling wall paper, musty heat smell, and slightly unkempt. Do. Not. Stay. Here. Bugs! Dirty infection spreading showers!

Room Tip: No rooms are safe from bed bugs, check bed bug registry and read reviews... These bugs will follow...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Bridgewater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Let me begin by saying that I am surprised that there were poor reviews regarding this hotel. My wife and I stayed there for three nights (Nov 17,18 & 19) and we were very satisfied. We had a very nice room with a comfortable king sized bed. We were actually in a building right next door to the main hotel so maybe this made it better, I don't know. It was very clean and it was quiet. Some people have complained about the complimentary breakfast. Fair enough. The breakfast was little more that juice, coffee and toast and the room was small. Big deal. There is a diner a block away and two people can get a very nice breakfast there for $12 total. The location is great, within walking distance of the Superdome and Bourbon Street. We got a good rate and were very happy with everything. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am on my 3rd night here and normally never write reviews although felt compelled to so no other people endure this horrible experience.

The rooms are old, which I thought may be charming in New Orleans, although old and dirty is not acceptable. The breakfast (that is included) is bread and butter with apples in a bowl and in a bar with barely any seating. It was not good enough. the lock on my key didnt work and when I called engineering to fix it he said this happens all the time and it was because the hotel was old. I REPEATEDLY was locked out of my room. The staff all seemed not to know what they were doing and for $450 per night this was absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

the price was faired, although I did not like their mandatory taxed (wifi, etc). Location was ideal, blocks of walking distant to the main street and onto Bourbon. I have to share that I encountered an issue with cancellation. I had two confirmation numbers with different stay/rates, I'd amended one of my stay and thought I canceled my other. With my attention I realized I had been charged for what I thought I had canceled (that I did not stay for) contacted the hotel and management and after valuable time with the credit and management, the hotel respectfully and professionally resolved this issue and credit those charges (any hotel could had said or BS this issue) but they came through and assured me and for that if/when I am to visit again I would consider Queen and Crescent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Too small space, poor internet, bad checkout policy, poor equipment, not good enough breakfast, and high price. We booked 7 nights, but just stayed one night, then quit. However, we were charged two nights, that is, we were extra charged one night. This is the first time I met with this kind of bad policy. Bad hotel, bad policy.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I loved the location of the hotel because we were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see as tourists. We had bus service for getting us to the convention center for the business part of our trip. We could walk to and from the hotel to the French Quarter at night and feel safe. As far as the hotel itself, the beds were very comfortable and the sheets were soft, the room darkening curtains were quite good, and the staff at the front desk was very nice and very helpful. We had 2 full size beds in our room, so the room felt a bit small. The bathroom was adequate, especially considering it is an old hotel. My main complaint is that the bathrooms were not cleaned as well as they should have been. The sink area was not cleaned well at all. The old bar of soap was not even moved to clean up the soap residue, and tooth paste was left around the sink. My final comment is that there was only one trash can in the room, and it would be nice to have 2, one in the bathroom and one in the room. To sum up my thoughts: I would stay at the Queen and Crescent again because of the price and location, but there are a few things they could do to make it much nicer stay.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper like I am, make sure you're not near the ice machine, which is in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room smelled of previous human inhabitation! Wallpaper was peeling in some places. Mildew around the bathtub. The bedroom was dark enough that even the cleaning crew missed a couple of items belonging to the previous occupants. The wifi in my room oscillated between 1 and 0 bars--so usage was pretty-much impossible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!