“ideal location and management handled professionally” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #116 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Seattle, Washington, United States
“ideal location and management handled professionally”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

the price was faired, although I did not like their mandatory taxed (wifi, etc). Location was ideal, blocks of walking distant to the main street and onto Bourbon. I have to share that I encountered an issue with cancellation. I had two confirmation numbers with different stay/rates, I'd amended one of my stay and thought I canceled my other. With my attention I realized I had been charged for what I thought I had canceled (that I did not stay for) contacted the hotel and management and after valuable time with the credit and management, the hotel respectfully and professionally resolved this issue and credit those charges (any hotel could had said or BS this issue) but they came through and assured me and for that if/when I am to visit again I would consider Queen and Crescent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Too small space, poor internet, bad checkout policy, poor equipment, not good enough breakfast, and high price. We booked 7 nights, but just stayed one night, then quit. However, we were charged two nights, that is, we were extra charged one night. This is the first time I met with this kind of bad policy. Bad hotel, bad policy.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I loved the location of the hotel because we were within walking distance of everything we wanted to see as tourists. We had bus service for getting us to the convention center for the business part of our trip. We could walk to and from the hotel to the French Quarter at night and feel safe. As far as the hotel itself, the beds were very comfortable and the sheets were soft, the room darkening curtains were quite good, and the staff at the front desk was very nice and very helpful. We had 2 full size beds in our room, so the room felt a bit small. The bathroom was adequate, especially considering it is an old hotel. My main complaint is that the bathrooms were not cleaned as well as they should have been. The sink area was not cleaned well at all. The old bar of soap was not even moved to clean up the soap residue, and tooth paste was left around the sink. My final comment is that there was only one trash can in the room, and it would be nice to have 2, one in the bathroom and one in the room. To sum up my thoughts: I would stay at the Queen and Crescent again because of the price and location, but there are a few things they could do to make it much nicer stay.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper like I am, make sure you're not near the ice machine, which is in...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room smelled of previous human inhabitation! Wallpaper was peeling in some places. Mildew around the bathtub. The bedroom was dark enough that even the cleaning crew missed a couple of items belonging to the previous occupants. The wifi in my room oscillated between 1 and 0 bars--so usage was pretty-much impossible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is small but has as much charm as any other hotels in the area. It's so close to the Quarter that it's worth being a little outside of the craziness of it. Staff was friendly & accommodating. I'd definitely stay again!

Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Queen and Crescent suited our purpose. It is an older hotel that is not "institutional" in feeling. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was basic and clean. The only downside was that in the room two chairs were provided and one was especially uncomfortable for the four days we stayed. The breakfast was also basic, and we found the coffee to be very "weak" and so we went out for coffee/breakfast every morning. We don't select a hotel for upscale purposes as we are usually "out and about." Overall, we would stay here again because for the rates and the location, along with cleanliness it met our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel reminded me of Disney's Tower of Terror, only for real. It was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at, and I am an experienced business traveler. My wall had a hole in it that I stuffed tissue into to make sure nothing got in or out. I had a spider in my bed. The bathroom was filthy with dirt, mold and peeling wallpaper. My iron, safe and lamp didn't work, and God forbid you ask for a replacement. The staff was rude. And the breakfast, I'm not even going to go there. Save yourself and stay somewhere else.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!