“Unpleasant hotel room” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #116 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Vancouver, Canada
“Unpleasant hotel room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The room smelled of previous human inhabitation! Wallpaper was peeling in some places. Mildew around the bathtub. The bedroom was dark enough that even the cleaning crew missed a couple of items belonging to the previous occupants. The wifi in my room oscillated between 1 and 0 bars--so usage was pretty-much impossible.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is small but has as much charm as any other hotels in the area. It's so close to the Quarter that it's worth being a little outside of the craziness of it. Staff was friendly & accommodating. I'd definitely stay again!

Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Queen and Crescent suited our purpose. It is an older hotel that is not "institutional" in feeling. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was basic and clean. The only downside was that in the room two chairs were provided and one was especially uncomfortable for the four days we stayed. The breakfast was also basic, and we found the coffee to be very "weak" and so we went out for coffee/breakfast every morning. We don't select a hotel for upscale purposes as we are usually "out and about." Overall, we would stay here again because for the rates and the location, along with cleanliness it met our needs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

This hotel reminded me of Disney's Tower of Terror, only for real. It was one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at, and I am an experienced business traveler. My wall had a hole in it that I stuffed tissue into to make sure nothing got in or out. I had a spider in my bed. The bathroom was filthy with dirt, mold and peeling wallpaper. My iron, safe and lamp didn't work, and God forbid you ask for a replacement. The staff was rude. And the breakfast, I'm not even going to go there. Save yourself and stay somewhere else.....

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Our hotel was well situated near Canal and the Latin Quarter, comfortable and convenient.
However, considering the price we paid, our room was not well appointed, was stingy with toiletries (no hand soap), was a bit shabby and could have used a good cleaning.
Breakfast indifferent. Even so, Queen and Crescent Hotel is
acceptable as a place to stay while exploring this exciting center of the city near the river.

Room Tip: I asked for and got a quiet room on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 days while on a coach trip. I had no control of accommodations, would have been more demanding if I was paying. The building is from the early 1900's; quaint. Rooms are small with too much furniture. Bathrooms are for one person. They offer wifi, but I couldn't get it in my room. Continental breakfast was a joke but cereal is always an option.
It is a popular location, close to the French Quarter and Harrah's.
You only sleep or nap in NOLA so it's tolerable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baton Rouge, LA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Some friends and family traveling in a small group decided to stay at this hotel this year due to the cost and I generally meet with them so I stayed as well. Simply note that this hotel is really only worth it if you are looking for one of the absolute cheapest places to stay within walking distance of the Quarter. It's about 3 blocks from Chartres, about 6 from Bourbon. Simply put, you have to seriously not care about the hotel and just want a small room to sleep and shower in. In which case, you might be satisfied. But you won't be pleased. And if you're expecting anything more, you will be highly disappointed. This hotel has two buildings. It appeared that rooms 1-12 were in the taller building while 13-24 or so were in the other. The taller building had very slow elevators while the other building they were fine. Two elevators in each. The rooms in both seemed borderline ridiculous unless you're staying by yourself or a spouse and love old traditional. They were small, some smaller than small. They seemed dirty, grimy. The carpets were dirty. Everything was broken. My room door wouldn't always open and the bathroom door didn't want to stay shut or lock. We had to rig up the door just to keep it shut. It was one night so I didn't bother alerting staff. Staff seemed to smile at first but they were unhelpful after that. But it's also a budget hotel, so don't expect room service or someone to take your bags at the entrance. The tv was really messed up. The first remote didn't work. Then when we did get a working remote, it appeared all the channel labels and actual channels didn't line up at all and some were even nonexistent altogether. You only had about 15 channels and nothing premium. I still don't think I ever found ESPN. I think it was ESPN2, and a lot of local stations, seemed like two for each network. So don't expect to watch much tv, which isn't what you go to NOLA for but sometimes in the morning or late evening you might want it on for a bit between excursions. But don't expect sporting events or movies.
I will say that the location and the room seemed to be quiet. I like cheap but this was just too ridiculous for my taste not to mention there's far better around the city. I wouldn't want to stay here again. If I had to, I supposed I'd be willing to suffer again for the sake of family but having stayed at the LaQuinta right across the street, I'd rather just find a room there and meet up every morning. And I think most of the group agrees.

Room Tip: I don't know which building is better. They both have their pros and cons. Stay in the shorter...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!