“Don't Stay Here!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #116 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Texas
“Don't Stay Here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I haven't stayed in a hotel like this in a long time! It was very dated and dirty.We changed rooms three times because of filthy rooms. Stained sheets and comforters, dirty and rusted bathroom with holes in shower curtain. Dust on furniture and stains on carpet. Horrible service from the night shift clerk at check in. All I can say is "Wow, never again!"

• Stayed May 2013

597 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as a couple.
Rooms were tiny with barely enough room to move around the bed. Tiny closet, and a small , but clean bathroom to match. Carpet and the overall furnishings were very old and dated. Nothing much of a view either. I guess this is standard for a 3 star property.
Located on rather narrow street though the main, open street is within eyesight once you step out of the hotel. Decent walking distances to Harras Casino, River Walk, Canal
Street.
B'fast was very average (both taste and ambience), like in a average motel.
Ok service by the staff who does however greet you friendly, most of the time you see them in the property.
Wouldn't go back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
shreveport
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed here for 2 days in the adjacent buiding. We purchased the room through Book-it. We knew we weren't getting anything fancy, as we just needed a place to sleep and clean up. The location is great. There is a parking lot next door with 25.00/night parking. It's very close. There's a ammenity fee of 9.95 per day when you arrive. The hotel room was clean, our room was decent sized. we were on the 8th floor, and our view was obstructed by some sort of railing, but no big deal. The only thing i really disliked was the bathroom lighting. I wish it were brighter, because it's hard putting makeup on since it's kind of dim. Other than that, it was just what i'd expected. If you are expecting fancy, or anything even remotely fancy, this is not it. But, if you don't spend a lot of time in the room anyway, like us, then it's perfect. I would rather spend my money doing other things like eating, shopping, etc. I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: In the adjacent building from the main lobby, The room on the 8th floor, room 214 that we stayed in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Two of my girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for a girls weekend. Its an older building so there were some things that I could understand. Like the small elevator that shook a little or the smaller rooms. But what I can not understand is why the water was shut off for several hours and when we turned it on the water was black. Also.... my friend's shower had no hot water after that and my shower had no cold water. I didn't see any bugs but the carpet was icky to say the least. The towels a other linens were clean.
I will not stay at this hotel again and will NOT recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Humble, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just because the historic hotel is 150 years old, does not mean everything in the room has to be 150 years old! Carpet, wall paper, and all furniture need replacement! My husband, my daughter, and myself all have bruises on our lower legs from constantly scratching ourselves against the old metal bed frame that stuck out about 7 inches from the mattress!! We would try to avoid. However, the room was entirely too small. If it was not for traveling with our group that was also at this location, we would have left immediately! **I especially made sure my child did not walk barefoot or drop anything on the carpet. It was very old and dirty! Will definitely NOT return!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just stay at the Queen and Crescent hotel in New Orleans for two nights but damn was I disappointed. first off it was nothing like the pictures on any of the websites. There are actually 2 buildings and the nice new one has the exposed brick not the one with the cheaper prices, however they show the same pictures as if its for both hotels. The room was so small that they definitely used trick photography to take the photos. The bathroom was on the small dingy side too. The ceiling looked gross and the paint was all chipped and gross. Thankfully we were only using the room the sleep and shower. Beds were comfy and the AC was great. Think twice if your looking into staying here.

Room Tip: try and stay in the new building with the exposed brick rooms are most likely more modern and less d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is an older hotel & the rooms small especially for four people sharing. The reception staff were polite but the staff around breakfast were abrupt & unapproachable. It was within walking distance to Bourbon st etc. I'm not sure if I would stay there again or look for an alternative.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!