“Not what I was expecting” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #117 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New
“Not what I was expecting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just stay at the Queen and Crescent hotel in New Orleans for two nights but damn was I disappointed. first off it was nothing like the pictures on any of the websites. There are actually 2 buildings and the nice new one has the exposed brick not the one with the cheaper prices, however they show the same pictures as if its for both hotels. The room was so small that they definitely used trick photography to take the photos. The bathroom was on the small dingy side too. The ceiling looked gross and the paint was all chipped and gross. Thankfully we were only using the room the sleep and shower. Beds were comfy and the AC was great. Think twice if your looking into staying here.

Room Tip: try and stay in the new building with the exposed brick rooms are most likely more modern and less d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

603 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is an older hotel & the rooms small especially for four people sharing. The reception staff were polite but the staff around breakfast were abrupt & unapproachable. It was within walking distance to Bourbon st etc. I'm not sure if I would stay there again or look for an alternative.

• Stayed June 2013
Ambler, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I selected this hotel based on some reviews I'd read while planning my trip. I need to stay in NOLA for one night upon return of our cruise. I booked the hotel, which is near the French Quarter. When we arrived, we saw two buildings... a brightly lit one on the right and a dimly lit one on the left. Both are the same property. We arrived at the hotel very early about 8:30 a.m. and while I didn't expect a check in that early, I inquired about one. The clerk at the desk was barely audible and not pleasant at all. She looked up my reservation and when I inquired again about a possible early check in, she said, "No". I said, ok, what's the earliest we could check in, you see we don't have anywhere else to go, it's raining and we just want to rest. She said, "4 o'clock". No sympathy, no feeling, no concern for our comfort. We then tried to figure out where we would spend the next 8 hours. We ended up sitting in the hotel "lounge" read, dark, uncomfortable, bar-smelling lounge and slept there for several hours.

It then occurred to me that I need to cash some traveler's checks as I had no other cash on me. So I went to the desk, and lo and behold, we lucked out to be at the only hotel on the planet that doesn't accept traveler's checks...not to pay for a room, just to be cashed. I argued that traveler's checks are cash and that every reputable hotel in the world cashes them without incident. They refused. I had them call the MOD and she was a rude and backward as the rest of the staff and could not explain WHY they don't accept them.

After a LONG day, we finally got a room that was ready at exactly 4pm (what a coincidence, they could finish all the rooms at the exact same time, not a moment earlier or later).
We could see from spending so much time in the "lobby" that this place was old and trying to be something it's not...sophisticated. The bathroom facility in the "lobby" was mediocre at best. You could tell there were decades of paint on the door...no one has ever bothered to either strip it or just get a new dang door! Really sloppy!!!

Well then we went up to the room, which are in need of a real renovation. The TV was one of those big, giant TVs that they get rid of in hotel sales. The bathroom was trying it's best to look clean, but you could see the years of grime that clearly they are too lazy to clean. The sink was cracked and you could just tell they made a minimum of effort.

Then comes the room. Upon our opening the door and after the spent all day cleaning the room, we found crumbs and money on the floor, and on the bed, something I still don't recognize. So I took it off the bed and on the night stand and took a picture. I then checked both beds for bedbugs...all clear!! This is what we waited all day for!!!! Our view was of a side street, again the windows were painted shut with decades of old paint. The bed was uncomfortable and the pillows felt like they were filled with ping pong balls! I HATED EVERY SECOND!!! Don't waste your time or money. The staff, except for the bellman, Curtis, were horrible, had no compassion, or personality! Worst experience ever!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We loved this historic hotel - easy access (walk or cab) to restaurants, bourbon st., canal st., harrah's, etc...

the staff really made our stay here! Everyone was kind, helpful and very accommodating! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Check in and out of the hotel was a breeze. This hotel is also close to many other areas (French Quarters, Harrah's Casino, Garden District). The room was clean and bed was comfy. I would stay here again if I were to return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: The elevator takes its time, try to get a hotel as close to the 1st floor as possible
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Abbeville, Mississippi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

This old hotel is smack in the middle of the fun. Walking distance to the French Quarter, Bourbon St, Riverwalk, Aquarium and Harrah's. rooms are a little small but we were only there to sleep. I will definitely will use them again.

• Stayed June 2013
Crossett, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

A friend of mine booked this hotel recently for a convention. The room wasn't what she was expecting but overall everything worked out. The complimentary breakfast was good, included cereal, toast, bagels, juice, milk and coffe.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!