“Good for sleeping well at good location, but expect nothing more” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #117 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“Good for sleeping well at good location, but expect nothing more”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights. The rooms do not have windows and the maintenance of the building is poor. Electricity outage, hairdryer not working.

Sleeping was good, but preparing for a good business day at work, like getting a warm shower is expecting too much from this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Port Huron, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Before reserving the room at the Queen and Crescent, spent some time on Trip Advisor reading the reviews of this and other hotels. Had it not been for the fact that many other hotels were booked for our travel dates, I would likely not have made this my first choice based upon the comments of other reviewers. We did book here, though, and our experience with the hotel, the staff, and the location was quite satisfactory.

We arrived rather late after a drive to New Orleans from Orange Beach, Alabama and there was a group of three being checked in ahead of us by the one young lady, Jon'taine, behind the desk. (While staying there, I never saw more than one person working behind the desk, which may account for long lines at peak times.) We experienced no delay. My wife was concerned about finding a decent restaurant at that hour and Jon'taine retrieved a brochure and checked off several nearby places and gave us her recommendations. We engaged in a bit of small talk and found her to be very pleasant and helpful.

We were given room 514, which another reviewer here mentioned as a good room and we found it to be comfortable and generally clean, though some of the grouting around the bathtub was mildewed. The room furniture is older, but goes along with the overall age of the hotel. The bed was comfortable. Didn't notice until the morning, but the shower curtain was missing. After speaking to the maid, she put up a new one straight away. I should mention that this room is in a building next to and separated from the main hotel. Others had mentioned security as a concern, so I was happy to see that entry to the building required a key card.

The breakfast offered was simple and consisted of hard-boiled eggs, bagels, muffins, cereal, toast, juice and fruit. The breakfast room seated about twenty or so, which made it easier to engage in conversation with the other guests. I spoke with several people over the three days we were there and no one spoke about the hotel at all, which led me to believe they had no complaints of any consequence.

Based upon others reviews, we did not use the valet service. There is a 24 hour parking lot at the corner of Poydras and Camp which offers in and out privileges for $25/day. Right next to the hotel and no waiting for the valet!

Finally, I want to say that a smile and a modicum of respect can go a long way to improving interactions with service personnel. Yes, it is their job. Yes, they get paid to do it, but they are also human beings. Enough of my preaching, hope you enjoy your stay if you choose the Queen and Crescent!

Room Tip: We were happy with room 514. You do overlook Camp St. and the exit from a parking garage, so if str...
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place could use a few minor improvements to be a fabulous hotel, but was clean, comfortable and the location couldn't be better.

There were a few glitches: The line to check in took almost half an hour. They were completely full the night I checked in, and there was a lot happening in the city the weekend I stayed, so this was understandable but having an extra person at the front desk would have helped. The room was clean but a bit worn (piece of peeling wallpaper, some chipped paint, small crack in the bathroom sink) but the room, although small, was otherwise clean and comfortable. The TV was also the smallest TV I've ever seen, but that didn't bother me - who goes to New Orleans just to watch TV? Also the $9.95 a day "amenities fee" was a nuisance. They should have just rolled that into the price of the room or even better, only charged for wifi and calls if you actually used it - which I didn't.

But these are all relatively minor complaints. The decor and atmosphere was very pleasant, I thought. I got a great deal on the room, the location was super convenient to the French Quarter/convention center/all of the tourist sites in New Orleans, room was comfortable and quiet, and staff was very friendly. I didn't get to enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast as I was running a half-marathon early the first morning and had to leave early for the airport the second day. But it was nice knowing it was there!

Basically, I would say for the price, this place was very adequate, friendly, and pleasant. Definitely not a resort but a very nice place to stay if you're in New Orleans for business or vacation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Attended a lovely wedding and reception in NOLA this weekend..WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THE QUEEN & CRESCENT!!!! We are local folks and our experience there, as well as many others in attendance at the wedding, was AWFUL! Line to check in upon arrival was out the door and took us an hour, the checkin system was archaic, the front desk people (although system not there fault) were abrupt and rude. The mandatory $9.95 "amenity fee" was a joke...stated that it included local and inhouse calls, wifi, and gym...however, we had NO HOT WATER, no clock, a safe that didn't work, a 19" tv with 8 channels, 2 of three lamps burned out, missing hardware on drawers, and horrible lighting in the bathroom...amenities?????

Room Tip: Everyone else I talked to at the wedding had a similar poor experience....
Cary, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We checked in last night and the front desk lady was rude and the lobby was so dark and creepy. We went to the room which for $800 for 4 nights was super over priced. The room we got didn't look anything like the pictures and after checking out the staff I honestly was afraid to let them clean our room. The couple across from us checked out early as well. I could hear them shower...not somewhere I wanna be. The breakfast was just bagels and cereals. We literally priced lined another hotel (royal st Charles) and walked there from this hotel. Never again. It's super creepy and hidden fees do not make this a Bargain.

• Stayed February 2013
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Our room was charming, quiet, roomier than I had expected, well appointed, perfectly clean. The location couldn't be better-- within just a couple blocks of the French Quarter, but out of the way enough that our seventh-floor room was blissfully quiet. We got a good rate and knew about the daily surcharge and parking fee ahead of time, so that didn't surprise or bother us. For New Orleans hotels right at the heart of things, this was not unreasonably priced. I highly recommend.

Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were beer bottles all over our room (windowsill, trash can) when we moved in. I brought one down to the front desk and said "These are all over our room- can you check to see if you put us in a room that wasn't cleaned?" The staff person's response was to take the beer bottle, throw it away and say "anything else?"

No apology, no effort to make it right... needless to say, don't stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!