“Comfortable, charming and great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Q&C Hotel

Save Saved
You added Q&C Hotel to your Saves list
Q&C Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Queen & Crescent Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
30% Off Weekday Stays!
Ranked #119 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Jacksonville, FL
“Comfortable, charming and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Staff was very helpful and welcoming. Our room was charming, quiet, roomier than I had expected, well appointed, perfectly clean. The location couldn't be better-- within just a couple blocks of the French Quarter, but out of the way enough that our seventh-floor room was blissfully quiet. We got a good rate and knew about the daily surcharge and parking fee ahead of time, so that didn't surprise or bother us. For New Orleans hotels right at the heart of things, this was not unreasonably priced. I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

There were beer bottles all over our room (windowsill, trash can) when we moved in. I brought one down to the front desk and said "These are all over our room- can you check to see if you put us in a room that wasn't cleaned?" The staff person's response was to take the beer bottle, throw it away and say "anything else?"

No apology, no effort to make it right... needless to say, don't stay here.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
North Wales, U.K.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed for one night after the Super Bowl 2013 weekend. The hotel is located just off Canal Street and a five minute walk to the French Quarter. The hotel itself is now looking a bit dated and is fraying at the edges. My room was on an upper floor so I did not suffer from any noise. The room was on the small side but with an adequate bathroom. The plumbing is need of attention, I am sure the noise of the pipes when I took a shower must have annoyed my fellow guests. Reported this and the fact that my in-room needed new batteries to reception on my way out for the evening. Neither were rectified before I checked out next morning. Seems a great location for the mardi gras as they were building the stands in the same street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here to catch the first Mardi Gras parades which came by just a block from the hotel. Felt very safe here, location was awesome. Beds were very comfortable, bathroom large, room a little small but we only slept there. Breakfast consisted of fruit, toast, muffins, cereal, boiled eggs, juice and the coffee was good. Will recommend and will stay here again. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. We were booked in for 6 nights but we had a flight cancellation so we arrived a day late. I rang the hotel to inform them this as soon as our flight was cancelled and they said it would be fine and that we would not have to pay for our first night as long as we provided proof that our flight was cancelled. When I asked the woman what constituted proof she said she didn't know and that I would have to speak to the manager who had just got back from her meeting. I got put through to the manager and was put straight to voicemail. I rang again and asked to be put onto the manager and again it rang out and went to voicemail. In the end I hoped that our unsuccessful boarding passes would be sufficient evidence for our cancelled flight as I never got solid advice from the hotel. We arrived and the woman said that we had already been charged the first night because we didn't show up. I said that I had rang and she said that she was sorry and it was a mistake because she could now see in the notes that I had called. When I checked my account in 3 days time the money hadn't been refunded and I went to the front desk again. This time they wanted evidence that my flight was cancelled. We got all that sorted and they said they would refund the money. I left New Orleans and checked my account again and this time they charged my account again for our missed night and refunded us straight away. This means we had been charged twice for this missed night and refunded only once. I rang to inform them of this mistake and was out on hold for a long time while they figured it out. I explained that because of these mistakes due to the currency exchange of US to AUS $ I was going to be out of pocket due to their incompetency but it made no sense to the woman on the front counter and she said I would have to speak to the manager. When she put me through to the manager surprise surprise it rang out and went to voicemail.

An unfortunate end to what could have been a fine stay. Communication goes a long way. And I just get the sense that the staff need to be retrained at the front desk to actually answer questions or at least have the manager accessible and approachable.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room in 'the annex'
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here based on previous mixed reviews. Some said there is construction in the building - we didn't hear any construction noise. Some said it's too noisy outside - keep in mind, you're in a city- and the business district, so during the day there is traffic outside, but coming from NYC, I don't think the noise was ever excessive - you are in a city, it's not going to be quiet all the time.
The room was fine, the bed was comfy, the heat worked (it can be chilly in January), the room was clean. The TV was a little out dated and was cracked - like someone dropped it, but it worked and that was fine.
We were staying in the second building, they could vastly improve themselves if they 1) locked the doors of the building, especially at night and 2) had someone seated in the front lobby- to at least greet guests (so that way shady people who don't belong there could be escorted out) and also so guests looking to check in could be directed - I probably directed a group or two a day to the building next door as they looked around cluelessly for the front desk.
We did run out of toilet paper one day, so we asked at the front desk, and honestly, they could have handed me a roll, and I would have been happy. Instead we had to wait for an hour for someone to deliver it to our room, they were on break when we asked, so we had to wait. Good thing neither of us were on the toilet waiting for said TP.
Otherwise our stay was just fine for us, we don't require pampering or bells and whistles, breakfast was what we expected and it was good to get us started for the day, especially when you are on a budget - but if the hotel made just a few improvements this could be a way nicer place. Especially when you have to pay an additional "resort fee" of $9/day, you'd expect to at least have locked front doors to your building.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Galliano
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I first stayed at this hotel 3 years ago and we feel in love with it. Everytime we go out to New Orleans we stay here. Have no complaints as for service or cleanliness of the rooms. the staff was always very nice and helpful, and our rooms were always cleaned, and stocked very well. The first room we stayed in was a small corner room, which literally only had a foot to walk around the whole bed. The bathroom was bigger than the room itself. We didn`t stay in the room much on that trip so it wasnt a big deal. The only thing we don`t like was that breakfast isn't long enough. After pulling an all nighter out partying and returning back to the hotel around 6 or 7 am and then check out being at 11, breakfast extending to atleast 10 would be great. We recommend this hotel to all of our friends.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Q&C Hotel? Share your experiences!