“great stay in a landmark” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Queen & Crescent Hotel

Save Saved
You added Queen & Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Queen & Crescent Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   344 Camp Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #117 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New York City, New York
“great stay in a landmark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed in this hotel Sept. 13 to 17 2012 while it is an older hotel the room was clean and comfortable and everything worked fine. We had a problem with the toilet running one night but the maintenance person can and repaired it shortly after we called. The staff was friendly and very helpful with finding place to eat etc. The location is great a few blocks from French Quarter, Harrah's , river walk, with street car and buses near by. All and all it was a pleasant experience an I would stay there again as you can see from my reviews I am a budget traveler and don't spend a lot of time in the room so a clean room with a comfortable bed is what i need and what this hotel provided the staff was a plus.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

599 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Mesquite, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed on a Friday and Saturday. Queen & Crescent seem to be understaffed - and the understaffed overworked. Nice pleasant gentleman runs the closet for checked bags - since the rooms were not ready when promised. Bathroom had not been cleaned - wet dirty wash cloth in the tub and hair on the floor. Couldn't get wash cloths my entire stay. A/C in my 3rd floor room wouldn't go below 75. Had coffee in room first morning, but not second. Got coffee from front desk to make in room (since they put coffee away at 9:30 am where "breakfast" is served), but couldn't get packet of creamer or sweetener. Front desk said room service would bring it up. There is no room service! Bottled water sold in machines. If you need change and no one is at front desk, you must buy a drink at the bar for the bartender to provide change. Crappy service and bad attitudes. Pay a little more and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The pictures that's shown online is nothing like it in person. The rooms was smelling like a dam smoke house, the service was horrible, all my years of staying at any Hotel I must say this was the worse. They need to update their pictures online and get a better Staff. Never again.

• Stayed September 2012
Houma, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Upon check-in we were greeted with "next" and an eye roll. My reservations were made a couple weeks in advance and yet I was told that the room I requested was not available (with a 2 night min stay requirement). The room we were given had a mattress that was sloped to one side, no door on closet, no mirror in bathroom, Disgusting black mold looking stuff around the door area of the stand alone tiny shower, as well as splatters of some type of liquid substance on wallpaper in bathroom. I immediately called down to the front desk to request a different room. I was told "we are booked up mam, sorry can't help you" I then asked to speak with the manager and I was told " I am the manager". I was also refused any credit. we checked out a day early. WOW>>> is all I can say. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! Internet pics are very deceiving.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Just stay the heck away from the Queen and Crescent hotel. Its a fleabag dive. I used motels (dawt) com to book the room and got them to delist it for at least a month. Motels(dawt)com even refunded all my money plus $50. Got there and they chage a $15/day mandatory technology fee. They charge $35 per night for parking. The listing said complementary hot breakfast. That turned out to be a tray of stale rolls and a pot of hot coffee. I highly suggest you never stay there.

Room Tip: Walk down to the JW Marriott to the East to get a taxi ride. Taxis that serve this hotel are mostly...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Madrid, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The reception personel was friendly. We were sent to the next building where our room was located, no reception there, in the lobby there were a couple of machines with sodas. The hotel is conveniently located and the room was quite confortable. Breakfast was the worst experience of this trip: extremedly small room, unkept, scarce cold food, paper cups and plates, no service, etc. it seemed as it had nothing to do with the rest of the hotel...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Galveston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed here, first time in January 2012 and now this past weekend. My first trip was my mother and I we felt for being two women in a city we had never been too we felt safe, this past weekend my husband and children came with me and even my husband said he enjoyed it and we felt safe leaving our teenager for the evening to go out for dinner. Our only complaint was the daytime bartendar stood right outside the front door where customers came too and from and she sat there smoking and blocking the front door the only other thing was parking seemed high $90 for 2 days, we didn't look around to compare but that seemed high for us who are use to high parking in San Francisco and Los Angeles that was high.

Room Tip: I have stayed in both buildings now and both were great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Queen & Crescent Hotel? Share your experiences!