“Great Hotel/Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pelham

Save Saved
You added The Pelham to your Saves list
The Pelham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Common Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #69 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Utica, New York
“Great Hotel/Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed at the Pelham Oct 6, 2013, for 4 nights. Hotel Concierge Brandon, and Thomas were welcoming, polite, well spoken, and full of information, and always ready to help, and answer any questions we had regarding which restaurant to eat at or if we needed directions.
The Hotel Pelham was just a beautiful hotel, rooms were big enough, clean, and just what I expected to see from a hotel in New Orleans, high ceilings, beautiful big windows. No coffee maker, or mini frig or micro-wave in room, but had a wonderful Keurig in the lobby.......
No need to rent a car you can walk everywhere, or hop on a trolly car
Brandon or Thomas will help choose Swamp tours, or Plantation tours, or any tour of your choice and arrange transportation as well.
I feel that the whole trip was fun and everyone I met on this trip was nice and happy to talk to you and wounderful to talk to you and enjoyed helping you.
Loved NOLA.....Thank you. Sue, Debi, Brianna, Taylor, DJ

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Another recommendation from a friend,who came for a medical convention last year,The Pelham is not one of your big box hotels and is what you want when you stay in New orleans,high ceilings,large windows in one of our rooms,no windows in the other but when you are in New orleans and out to 4am who wants windows,very quiet but central to French Quarter,Casino,Ware house district and block from the street car,Hotel was built in 1860 but has been refurbished recently,clean rooms,well appointed bathrooms,good quality toiletries,a peaceful ambience away from the Quarter.
Will book on my next convention visit

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend and two of our friends for a fun-filled weekend in NOLA. First impressions were that the hotel was a very pretty boutique hotel with the perfect location for everything we planned on doing that weekend. The staff was hit or miss depending on the shift. One guy in particular (I wish I remembered his name) was fantastic and recommended some awesome things for us to do while in town, and was also helpful in getting us set up in our rooms quickly and efficiently upon arrival. Other than him, though, the staff was rude and utterly unhelpful, and overall just seemed to be put out by us asking for assistance with anything. The rooms themselves were small and windowless, which I wished we had known prior to booking. The cleanliness was questionable. The shower in my bathroom was kind of gross and clearly hadn't been cleaned since the previous visitor, as there was hair everywhere inside of it. Yuck! This made me wonder if everything else was clean. I don't recommend staying here unless you only plan on sleeping here and don't expect much of the hotel staff. This was my first time visiting NOLA, and I cannot wait to go back, but I will be staying somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and check the availability of rooms with windows, as most of their rooms are windowle...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

This review has been a long time coming but the fact it's still on my mind is testament to how good it was. I stayed here with my friends during Jazzfest and the manager Thomas couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. Upon meeting him, it was clear he wanted to make our time in New Orleans the best experience it could be. We had a blast and as we often arrive home in the early hours we also ran into James working the night shift quite often. He was also a very friendly and pleasant man who meticulously cleaned the foyer for hours on end. Our New Orleans experience was fantastic, due in most part to the wonderful people we met... but James and Thomas were at the top of the list!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel for the location, which was everything I was looking for. Two blocks from the French quarter, so that I wouldn't need my car to go anywhere.

The service on the other hand wasn't good at all. Everything was done at the slowest pace possible and I didn't feel that the front desk wanted to help in any way. As an example I got at the hotel 30 minutes before my check in time, after driving for 8 hours so all we wanted was to go up to our room to refresh before going out again. Most hotels I've been were able to let me check in 30 minutes or even one hour before the check in time. At the Pelham they told me I would have to wait until 3, which I understood. However, we waited until 4 and still were not able to check in, so we ended up leaving to the French quarter without even being able to leave ours bags in our room.
Last note, some rooms are windowless, which not even in NY, where space is crucial I have encountered this. It can be truly claustrophobic and I wish the hotel would let you know prior to reserving or even charge you a premium for a room with a window. I know it sounds absurd but I think I would pay a little bit more just to have some fresh air entering my room.

• Stayed August 2013
Hamilton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

This is defiantly not a full service hotel. There is no staff except for the one front desk person. The two we encountered were very friendly and knowledgable. The room had very high.ceilings and was very cozy.

• Stayed August 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off, the Pelham has a great location. It's a four-minute walk from the French Quarter and a 20-second walk to several trolley lines. You can rent a car if you want, but we walked everywhere with ease. Stumbling distance from Bourbon as well.

The rooms are nothing mind-blowing (at least ours wasn't), but the beds are comfortable and the rooms have a good New Orleans feel. Our room was windowless, so I can't speak to the view, but we were comfortable. The furnishings are sparse (TV, nightstand, a few lamps), but who goes to NOLA to sit in their room? I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. We were on a tight budget and they never once offered something out of our price range.

We're planning to go back to New Orleans and the Pelham is high on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: If you don't mind sleeping in a windowless room, there are some very affordable options.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Pelham? Share your experiences!