“Great time at the Pelham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Pelham

Save Saved
You added The Pelham to your Saves list
The Pelham
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 Common Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #74 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great time at the Pelham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My wife and I loved our stay at the Pelham Hotel. I had called for a room with a window ahead of time but to my luck we get there and did not get one. I was a little disappointed but when we got to our room and saw it we thought this may be alright right and it was. The room was very clean and the bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The ac was great kept the room very cold " like my wife and I like it ". We had everything we needed. The man at the front desk Troy was great he was very friendly and did his best to make us comfortable. We were only a few blocks from the French Quarter so we did not have to use our car at all, we had it placed in the garage and did not see it again until the morning we left. This hotel was very classy and a very beautiful building. I would highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The prices for the room was much more affordable than surrounding hotels. When we go back we will most definitely be staying at the Pelham.

Room Tip: You can try to get a room with a window, but do not worry my personal feelings are that all the room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hosts and wait staff were friendly and resourceful when it came to arranging attractions. The room was clean and comfortable with high ceilings and nice appeal. Location was downtown, but far enough from the main bourbon street action to allow for a quiet night's sleep. I would book again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pelham is located just a couple of minutes walk away from French Quarter. It is in Central Business District and also very close to Warehouse District. Perfect location! The rooms are spacious and clean. The best part of our stay was the service! The front desk clerk, Thomas, was very knowledgable and eager to help. We didn't plan our trip out very well, so every day he gave us a new map with restaurant recommendations and even walking routes. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013
Jackson, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Loved this historic 108 year old hotel. Great location, walking distance to the French Quarter, Mother's and Harrahs, if you want to gamble and more. Great staff, most notably, Troy. Thank you Troy for recommending and booking our Historic Trolley Tour, loved it, especially the walking tour through the Saint Louis Cemetary. I highly recommend this hotel and plan on staying there again on my next trip to NOLO.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed mid May for a conference at the Pelham Hotel,had a lovely room on the 2nd floor,which had recently been refurbished,high ceilings,beautiful bathroom,triple glazing on the window could not hear much going on outside on Magazine St,rooms were very clean,the front desk staff were very helpful with recommendations on where to eat and go out at night,only ate at the Ruby Slipper once due to the demand and wait time,had a great breakfast.
Due to the conference in town all rates were high and the Pelham was good value compared with the other hotels I was looking to stay at,could not fault the position located near the French Quarter,Casino and Wharehouse district,we did not need to use a taxi during the time we stayed.
Will be coming back to the Pelham with my parents next year when we visit the U.S.A.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The cost was average and that is why I booked the room. It is in the heart of downtown. Location is great. The pictures of the rooms on ANY site you look at are NOT the room you will get. The king bed room I booked did have a king size bed but it took up the whole room. Plus it didn't have any windows. I am pretty sure they found a big closet and made it into a room. I addressed my complaints to the manager, who was never there, and got no results. Only stay here if there are no other options.

Hancock
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We saw from previous reviews that some of the rooms do not have windows. Rooms that are older and small are no problem for us, but we called ahead to request a room with windows and were assured that our request could be honored. We would have booked elsewhere if we were told that this might not be possible. We missed a connecting flight and knew we would be checking in late, so I called the hotel to let them know this as soon as I found this out. I was told no problem. When we arrived, we were told that the only room that was available had no windows. I was told that we could be moved to a room with windows after our second night (we were staying for 4 nights). I was too tired to look for another hotel at that point, so we just put up with it. That first room (313) was very small, very dark (too few lamps/lighting), and had a kind bed that only was accessible from one side, as it was placed against the wall. The toilet was loose and rocked slightly when you sat on it. Two nights was way too long in this room. We were moved to room 317 for the second two nights, which was a very nice room with huge windows. It had much more room to move around and a bigger bathroom. The first room didn't have any sitting area. The front desk staff was very friendly (with one minor exception). The housekeeping staff was wonderful--wish I had the name of the gentleman who seemed to head up cleaning of the the 3rd floor--he was very kind and helped me carry my luggage to the front desk to store it between room moves. Wish they kept the coffee out all day--I really enjoy a cup in the evening. Water pressure in shower was great. Would have given this a 4 rating if not for the first room and our request for windows denied.

Room Tip: There is no guarantee of a room with windows and because of this, I will stay somewhere else next ti...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Pelham? Share your experiences!