“Great location!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Royal Crescent Hotel

You added Omni Royal Crescent Hotel to your Saves list
Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #48 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Great location!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during the Essence Music Festival. We booked a suite and boy were we surprised. It was at the end of the hall, very private, with two separate sides (both had doors that could be closed). One room was the bedroom with a large king bed and the other was the living room with a sofa, dining table, chairs, and a fridge. I think the sofa converted into a bed. There were two full bathrooms as well! That was a huge plus for us. I would definitely stay in this room again. It is big enough to host a small gathering. The hotel and rooms are a bit old, as with any hotel in the French Quarter, so that was not a big deal. The location was fabulous! It was a few blocks from Bourbon, so we were able to walk to the nightlife and dine at great restaurants within a matter of minutes. Valet parking is very expensive, but again, this is not different from any other hotel in this area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

This hotel is definetly the only place I will ever stay at in New Orleans! I booked through a bidding website so you never know what to expect. When we arrived we were greeted by the friendliest people and given a HUGE corner room with floor to ceiling windows that overlooked downtown. All the furnishings were luxurious and the bed was so comfortable I never wanted to move! The bathroom was large with robes and nice soaps. The room also had a flat screen TV. One night I had a few medical issues and the staff went above and beyond helping me out.
This hotel is in the perfect location. It is two streets over from the french quarter, two streets up from the river area(casino) and two streets down from the St Charles Streetcar. Nothing is more than a 4-5 minute walk away. It is also quiet so you can get some sleep.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asks!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LCFTAK
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Wonderful hotel in a great location. Stayed with a group of girlfriends over Thanksgiving. Rooms are small but you don't feel confined and the beds are comfortable enough. It's far enough away from Bourbon St. if you want something a little more quiet but close enough to still walk to all the action. They had a great bartender in the Touche lounge that made our stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I was extremely happy with my three night stay here. Its a quick walk to the meat of Bourbon street, but out of the craziness. So you can party in the French Quarter and then rest your bones afterward in peace and quiet. The hotel is also just two blocks from the St Charles street and Canal Street streetcars. We actually stayed on the eighth floor where the rooms have very high ceilings.

The HVAC controls were awesome and quiet. How many hotels have you been in where the freaking AC is loud? Flat screen HDTV was nice, but I'm still looking for the Holy Grail of actually finding HD programming in a Hotel. We weren't there to watch TV, so I didn't care.

Bathroom was beautiful, but one nit....the shower glass only covered half the shower so invariably there was water on the floor.

The bed and linen looked great, but the bed oddly sloped to the middle. They just need some slightly firmer mattresses.

As an Omni select member (sign up for free) we got two free beverages each delivered to us in the morning. Normally I would say who cares, but after partying every night in this town, you need some serious hydration.

There was a city wide water pressure problem our first night. We returned to the hotel and the water didn't work in the toilet, sink, or shower. It worked the following morning, but the city had a boil drinking water warning for the entire next day and a half. The water problem was not the hotels fault and probably effected every hotel in the city. The hotel supplied lots of bottled drinking water for us upon request.

The open sky Jacuzzi pool on the 6th floor was a great surprise and the wife and I were able to hit it in private!

Wifi was free for Omni Select members too. On the eighth floor Verizon 3G was three times faster than the hotel Wifi. Yeah, I measured it.

I would stay here again at some point after I sober up from the trip.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dahacker
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2011
Thanks for your review! We're always looking for ways to improve and sometimes the WiFi signal in parts of the building is weaker than in others. We'll continue to look into boosting the signal in these parts of the building.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2010

I logged on to this site to warn others about my nightmare stay at the Ambassador, but figured that I should also write up the good - which is this hotel. I travel to New Orleans a lot, as I used to live there and it is one of my favorite cities, and for the value - this is my favorite hotel. The staff went above and beyond (going through the trash for me after I realized I'd left a (full) shopping bag after checkout) and the room was beautiful and quiet. This is nothing flashy like the W, or Le Pavillon etc. but it is a quiet, safe, comfortable, and really pretty hotel with a wonderful staff. Book early - unforthnately it was booked up for my last trip and I was sorely disappointed with where we ended up staying. Omni Royal Crescent is a gem.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nolazona
While our rooms are great, it's our associates that make this hotel a favorite for so many guests. We're sorry we were sold out during your last trip but hope to see you again next time.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

I was very happy with this hotel. I booked through a third party site that I hadn't used before and was guaranteed a late check in. I was dubious because i didn't arrive at the hotel until approximately 1am but to my relief the hotel were prepared and as other reviewers have mentioned a handwritten, personal note from the management, which I felt was a very nice touch. The room itself was beautifully decorated, very comfortable bed and spacious bathrooon. The room was also quiet even though I faced Gravier Street and the traffic and bustle of the CBD. The staff were always friendly and helpful. The attached restaurant Dress It, was an adequate meal and reasonably priced. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and overall I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to enjoy New Orleans.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2010

My husband and I eloped to New Orleans at the end of August and loved our stay at the Omni Royal Crescent. The hotel is unique and charming and the staff unbelievably pleasant and helpful. Our bathtub drain didn't work on our first morning there but after a call to guest services, it was fixed within ten minutes. The location is perfect, a short (sobering) walk to and from the French Quarter, while providing for quiet nights. Having traveled extensively throughout my life, I have to say that this hotel stands out as one of my all time favorites. Highly recommended.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bubsta
We really appreciate your review. It's great to hear when we stand out as a favorite in the mind of a well-traveled guest. We hope you'll come back next time you're in New Orleans.