“Wonderful hotel with great customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni Royal Crescent

You added The Omni Royal Crescent to your Saves list
The Omni Royal Crescent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #38 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Fl
“Wonderful hotel with great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

My new husband and I just spent our Honeymoon at the Omni Royal Orleans. this hotel was amazing. We got a great deal on the room by purchasing 21 days in advance. We also signed up as a select guest. This is a great deal. You get free internet, a free beverage in the morning and a few other perks. The staff was amazing and treated us like royalty. The concierge was very helpful and was able to answer any question we had. They sent us to great restaurants that were within our budgets. The room was an adequate size and the balcony was wonderful. We will go back and stay there again!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, October 9, 2009
Note – this review is for the Omni Royal Orleans in the French Quarter not the Omni Royal Crescent. We appreciate that you took the time to review the hotel. The Royal Orleans is a great hotel and the balcony rooms really lend to an authentic New Orleans experience. Congratulations on your wedding and we hope you come back and celebrate more special occasions with us. Best wishes.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

After a one hour drive from Baton Rouge, my husband and I were exhausted after our wedding. We were glad to have a nice, quiet room so we could recuperate from all of the joyous festivities of our wedding day. We were very please with our room. We stayed in one of the Jacuzzi suites. We mentioned that we were going to be on our honeymoon in the "comments" section when we booked online, and a complementary bottle of champagne was waiting for us upon arrival. Totally unexpected, but a very nice touch. The hotel is not very far from the French Quarter. It was, however, quite a long walk to get to the French Market, and places in that area. There is no breakfast included, like some hotels. We had breakfast in their restaurant once, and it was not very impressive. There was no swimming pool, but a roof top Jacuzzi. It was too hot for it in Louisiana in May, but it was a lovely view. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, October 1, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate your wedding. It’s a great hotel for decompressing as it isn’t right in the middle of the French Quarter, but not too far either. Congratulations on your marriage and please come back and visit us again for your anniversary. Best wishes.
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It's a fancier place than I normally stay in, but it was a good price and I felt like I got something for the extra money. The furnishings were nice, the bed was both elegant and comfy, and everything felt a notch above the ordinary. The bathroom in particular was luxurious--spacious and well appointed. The tub was very deep, perfect for a really good soak. The room was spacious, especially for downtown New Orleans, where rooms can be cramped.

The location is about what you'd expect for downtown--parking is extra and has to be planned well in advance (you have to request your car a good half hour before you need it), but this is typical of all these downtown hotels.

The burger restaurant in the hotel was a bit clueless, failing to interpret a "how late are you open" question as meaning "because I might want to order something," and nothing too out of the ordinary food-wise, but otherwise fine.

In general I felt pampered and spoiled, and would go there again for an occasion worthy of such a stay.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
We’re glad to hear you chose to stay with us to pamper yourself. It’s nice to hear that our rooms are spacious and that you have room to stretch out which is not always the case in some older New Orleans hotels. We hope you will come and stay with us again.
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

We stayed for 6 nights in the beginning of August. My husband had a convention and I tagged along for fun. We needed a place that split the difference between the FQ and convention center since we would be without a vehicle, it had to be cheap since his work was not picking up the tab, and it had to be quiet since the hubby actually needed to sleep. I was a little nervous about this place due to some of the mixed reviews but it turns out my concerns were for nothing.

Just look at it on the map. It’s right on the edge of everything. FQ is two blocks away. The convention center is 10 - 15 minute walk. There’s more food and drink within walking distance than you can shake a hand grenade at. Don’t like to walk? Catch the trolley. The St. Charles and Canal lines are two blocks away. The best part is that due to it being out of the quarter and situated on a side street, the place was super quiet for a downtown hotel. I saw some people complain about the noise. Of course there’s going to be some – it’s an old downtown hotel. If you don’t want any street noise, stay on the 20th floor of the Marriott.

The only time we actually heard anything was Friday night. The club right down the street got going around 1 a.m. but it wasn’t really enough to bother me (side note – We had consider staying at Loft 523. This is the same club that everyone complains about there. It really is that loud. Our room was situated about 1/2 block away and we could still hear it.)

The room was immaculately clean and the hotel staff was beyond friendly. The room had all amenities that I would expect – coffee maker, mini-fridge, makeup mirror, decent toiletries, and excellent black out curtains. They have removed the weird glass thing in the shower and installed a standard curtain/rod. The AC and shower worked perfectly. One morning, our toilet decided to stop flushing. We told the front desk on our way out to breakfast and it was fixed by the time we got back.

My biggest complaint was the internet. It worked intermittently in our room. If you went up to the roof deck, it worked phenomenally (500 KB/s downloads). It wasn’t an issue of firewalls or technical problems on our part. It would just come and go no matter what channel you jumped on. But it was free, so you get what you pay for.

I think a lot of the bad reviews for this place come from a price vs. value conflict. We were able to get a nightly rate well under $100/night. At that price point, this place is an excellent value. For those who pay more than $150/night during standard rate times, I can see how they would be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Thanks for writing a review of the Omni Royal Crescent. We’re glad you were able to take advantage of some of our great summer rates and get a good location near the French Quarter and the convention center. It’s great to hear that the service was prompt when the toilet starting acting up. In regards to the wireless signal, the walls in the building are thicker than most and can disrupt the signal at times. We’ve heard guests that have issues in certain rooms and not others, but the roof deck does have an unobstructed signal so it will consistently get speeds of 500kb/s and above. We are working on improving the wireless network so that the signal is fast and reliable in every room of the hotel. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit New Orleans for business or leisure.
Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

My husband and I spent one night in New Orleans and quickly chose the Omni because we have stayed with Omni Hotels before and never had a problem. The room we had was very stuffy (the air conditioner was not functioning properly), and as soon as I sat on the bed the other end of it lifted up in the air. Upon checking under the bed it was being held up by makeshift wooden blocks, and this was unacceptable for me. Also I got a room with the jacuzzi tub, but when you want to take a shower the heads are not positioned properly and the water sprays everywhere into the bathroom thus causing me to slip and bang my knee into the hardware on the tub. All in all I was not happy with my stay, but if there is a plus it is the location, the friendly staff, and the workout room is nice.

*UPDATE*
All of our problems were brought to the attention of the management of this Omni hotel, and I am pleased to say that they have assured me that all of these issues have been resolved. They were very nice about it and I would now recommend this hotel to others. Enjoy your stay in New Orleans!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, July 17, 2009
We are sorry that your stay was not up to our hotel standards. The bed should never lift up in the air and the shower should spray in a concentrated direction, not all about. In the event that you find yourself in a room with issues such as these, please call the front desk and they will do their best to accommodate a room change. As you can see from some of our other reviews this is not the normal condition of our rooms. Again we apologize and ask that you come back and stay in one of our rooms in good working order.
Fort Wayne, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

My husband and I made our first trip to NOLA over Memorial Day Weekend and stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent. We found a great rate on the internet, and booked through the hotel's website. I arrived very early on Friday, expecting to check my bags and walk around for a few hours, but our room was ready and they were more than willing to let me in! EVERYONE we encountered at the front desk was so friendly and helpful. We got lots of great tips on restaurants and other attractions...at all hours of the day, every day! Our room had every ammenity we needed, and was spacious and clean! I loved the huge all marble bathroom and the bed and linens were perfectly crisp and comfy. The location is perfect. Close enough to walk everywhere you want to go, but far enough away from the big party. We were more than happy with our stay, we would recommend the Omni Royal Crescent to ANYONE, and we will defintely stay there again!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, June 19, 2009
We’re so happy you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you spreading the word about the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again very soon in New Orleans.
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

The night we checked in, I tried to connect to the wireless internet but was not able to access it. I called the tech support line (from the bathroom, since the portable phone in the room was dead) but the operator was not able to diagnose my problem, and suggested that I uninstall and reinstall my wireless card (which I did not do and it worked fine the next day).
Lots of street noise and door slamming at night. Also, we found someone's g-string under the tv stand (the staff removed this for us and offered us a coupon for a free coffee). I wished the restaurant offered a more extensive menu - I didn't think the burgers were very good at all. However, there are other places to eat within walking distance.
All in all, the hotel is fine but not great, and definitely overpriced at 159-179/night. I think someone looking for a nice place to stay could do much better. Next time I am in New Orleans, I will pay the extra $ and stay at the W.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, April 10, 2009
Thank you for writing a review of the Royal Crescent. We apologize that our wireless internet connection was not working properly during your stay. We also regret that the article of clothing was left under the TV stand. While you said you may stay somewhere else on your next visit, we hope you will reconsider staying with us again. We are making improvements to our wireless connection and as you can see from our other reviews finding articles of clothing in the room from a previous guest is not common. Please consider staying with us next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.

Been to The Omni Royal Crescent? Share your experiences!