“Great service” 4 of 5 stars

Best prices from these 6 sites
Save Saved
You added The Omni Royal Crescent to your Saves list
The Omni Royal Crescent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #29 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent last week and it was a great visit. We had wonderful service from everyone on the staff but especially Monique at the front desk. She was always very friendly and was quick to make sure you had a great stay. The location is great. You can walk to the Quarter easily. Hope to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Stayed at the Omni in May with my husband and another couple. I can't say enough about the great location. Walking distance to the French quarter without all the noise and the crowds. Close to the heart of the action, but peaceful enough for a good night's sleep. The room was nicely decorated and while it wasn't huge, it was certainly more than adequate for two! The bed was comfortable and the front desk staff was friendly. The breakfast buffet was an excellent choice. The food was very good. It is a bit pricey at 14.95$, but I think a good option if you have an early morning flight. If you purchase it on-line before you leave home the cost is $14.00 but includes tip. The self-serve buffet included eggs, grits, bacon, sausages and fruits/ yoghurt & coffee on the day we were there. We also tried out the hot tub during our stay but found the water temperature was too high to sit in the tub for more than a minute or two. One of our friends came out with bright red marks on his legs after only a couple of minutes.

I would have loved to rate this hotel as "very good", but sadly it is not the case. We arrived on a weeknight for a 5 day stay that spanned the weekend. Service during the week was good and our room was well-maintained. Beware of the weekend! When Friday arrived, that was the end of housekeeping for our room. We tended to leave the hotel room somewhere between 8 and 9 am each morning only to return sometime between 3 and 4 pm. We were disappointed to return to a room that had not been made up. We left the hotel for dinner around 6-7 pm and when we returned the room had still not been made up. This happened to us on both the Friday and the Saturday night. A call to the front desk was met with a sympathetic ear but did not produce a live person to clean the room/ bring fresh towels. I'm hoping that they have since rectified the personnel issues at the hotel and perhaps hired the necessary staff to maintain the rooms, but my advice to anyone considering this hotel is to check the other comments and you may find that spotty service is mentioned repeatedly...Based on my experience, a great hotel during the week, but weekend stay is another story!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

What else could you ask for. Only a short walk to the heart of the French quarter, clean-well destined hotel. Room was quiet and very clean, with a nice view. Bed comfortable. Service was great, lots of little touches with personalized notes, greetings, etc. restaurant/bar looked nice, but didn't eat there (just too many other great choices for food nearby). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Location is just far enough away from the crowds of the French Quarter that it's a bit calmer but close enough to be a quick walk to the chaos when you're ready for it. Super close to Lafayette Square (which was awesome to catch the last of the Wednesday night concerts in the park; just moments after we arrived in the city we were listening to music, eating oysters and drinking Abita).

It appeared to be an older hotel in need of a small refresh; in our room the bathroom needed updating... there were exposed pipes holding up the shower curtain with gaps in the ceiling. On the upside there was a great staff; front desk was really nice, the doorman was AMAZING, seriously the 5 star hotel kind. He was great with everything from directions every morning to umbrellas when it was raining to a cab to the airport, very cool throughout our whole stay. Coffee was delivered every morning with the paper exactly as we asked. Overall, what it lacks in character and newness, it makes up in cool people and location. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is well located and well furnished. In a quiet area. We were there to attend a Congress. The personel was serviceable. Everything we asked for was provided. Excellent. New Orleans is a nice city and the experience with the hotel made our stay a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I wanted a good place to stay for the weekend to get away from our jobs and relax. As well as, a hotel that is affordable and convenient. This was absolutely worth it. Checked in and the valet took the vehicle to park it in a safe designated place and we were able to walk the town all day. Wish I would have been able to stay longer !!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Having stayed at other Omni's in the past, I expected the highest dedication to customer service and excellent accommodations. The Omni Crescent totally dropped the ball on this stay! Beware if you are a Select Guest Member and do not book with the Omni directly, you lose some of the perks of membership. After a stern lecture from the front desk on "Not hanging out the morning coffee request card", which I never received and was rudely told "I don't even get now because I booked with another travel site". That was fine, I was just "asking". Then, after listening to a dog bark all day and into the night, I asked to be moved to a similar room - I was the one being inconvenienced here, by the way. They kindly moved me to a SMALLER ROOM WITH A VIEW OF THE TOP OF THE PARKING GARAGE. When I voiced my disapproval of this option, they "upgraded to a jacuzzi with NO VIEW". Not happy with this either - this entire process entailed me PACKING UP AND MOVING WITH NO ASSISTANCE, I stayed in that room for the night. The room is obviously outdated and listening to the LOUD HUM OF THE AIR CONDITIONERS was too much for anyone to sleep at all. I guess if you want to sit in the jacuzzi tub and turn the jets on the entire time you are here to drown out the air-conditioners, this might be the ideal room for you. And regulating the temperature of the room is impossible with the old, out-dated thermostat on the wall.

I tried to get in touch with the general manager, whom I was told "left me a message on my phone" (which I never received), I decided to cut my loses and move to the Omni New Orleans. It is disappointing when this incident of poor customer service taints all the reputations of other Omni's. Omni Crescent - you have need to stay at the Omni Mandalay at Las Colinas - they were amazing and it is because of how awesome I know a Omni can be, that we will give the Omni New Orleans the chance to do some service recovery to make up for your short comings.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite if you want a view. Inside rooms are awful - no view, A/C noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Our front desk staff should not have given you a stern lecture on any topic. We apologize for not being more cordial when you arrived. We are also sorry that throughout the room moving process no one offered to help you with your luggage. That is unacceptable. Our general manager is very attentive to our guest’s needs, but we’re sorry if there was miscommunication and you didn’t receive a message from him. Please accept our apologies for the issues during your stay. We are glad to hear you decided to try our sister hotel in the French Quarter and are fans of the Omni Mandalay as well. We’ll work to improve our service and share your review with our staff.

Been to The Omni Royal Crescent? Share your experiences!