“Excellent location, great service, nice room, good price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni Royal Crescent

You added The Omni Royal Crescent to your Saves list
The Omni Royal Crescent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #45 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Excellent location, great service, nice room, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

What else could you ask for. Only a short walk to the heart of the French quarter, clean-well destined hotel. Room was quiet and very clean, with a nice view. Bed comfortable. Service was great, lots of little touches with personalized notes, greetings, etc. restaurant/bar looked nice, but didn't eat there (just too many other great choices for food nearby). I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Location is just far enough away from the crowds of the French Quarter that it's a bit calmer but close enough to be a quick walk to the chaos when you're ready for it. Super close to Lafayette Square (which was awesome to catch the last of the Wednesday night concerts in the park; just moments after we arrived in the city we were listening to music, eating oysters and drinking Abita).

It appeared to be an older hotel in need of a small refresh; in our room the bathroom needed updating... there were exposed pipes holding up the shower curtain with gaps in the ceiling. On the upside there was a great staff; front desk was really nice, the doorman was AMAZING, seriously the 5 star hotel kind. He was great with everything from directions every morning to umbrellas when it was raining to a cab to the airport, very cool throughout our whole stay. Coffee was delivered every morning with the paper exactly as we asked. Overall, what it lacks in character and newness, it makes up in cool people and location. We would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The hotel is well located and well furnished. In a quiet area. We were there to attend a Congress. The personel was serviceable. Everything we asked for was provided. Excellent. New Orleans is a nice city and the experience with the hotel made our stay a wonderful time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My fiancé and I wanted a good place to stay for the weekend to get away from our jobs and relax. As well as, a hotel that is affordable and convenient. This was absolutely worth it. Checked in and the valet took the vehicle to park it in a safe designated place and we were able to walk the town all day. Wish I would have been able to stay longer !!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Having stayed at other Omni's in the past, I expected the highest dedication to customer service and excellent accommodations. The Omni Crescent totally dropped the ball on this stay! Beware if you are a Select Guest Member and do not book with the Omni directly, you lose some of the perks of membership. After a stern lecture from the front desk on "Not hanging out the morning coffee request card", which I never received and was rudely told "I don't even get now because I booked with another travel site". That was fine, I was just "asking". Then, after listening to a dog bark all day and into the night, I asked to be moved to a similar room - I was the one being inconvenienced here, by the way. They kindly moved me to a SMALLER ROOM WITH A VIEW OF THE TOP OF THE PARKING GARAGE. When I voiced my disapproval of this option, they "upgraded to a jacuzzi with NO VIEW". Not happy with this either - this entire process entailed me PACKING UP AND MOVING WITH NO ASSISTANCE, I stayed in that room for the night. The room is obviously outdated and listening to the LOUD HUM OF THE AIR CONDITIONERS was too much for anyone to sleep at all. I guess if you want to sit in the jacuzzi tub and turn the jets on the entire time you are here to drown out the air-conditioners, this might be the ideal room for you. And regulating the temperature of the room is impossible with the old, out-dated thermostat on the wall.

I tried to get in touch with the general manager, whom I was told "left me a message on my phone" (which I never received), I decided to cut my loses and move to the Omni New Orleans. It is disappointing when this incident of poor customer service taints all the reputations of other Omni's. Omni Crescent - you have need to stay at the Omni Mandalay at Las Colinas - they were amazing and it is because of how awesome I know a Omni can be, that we will give the Omni New Orleans the chance to do some service recovery to make up for your short comings.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite if you want a view. Inside rooms are awful - no view, A/C noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Our front desk staff should not have given you a stern lecture on any topic. We apologize for not being more cordial when you arrived. We are also sorry that throughout the room moving process no one offered to help you with your luggage. That is unacceptable. Our general manager is very attentive to our guest’s needs, but we’re sorry if there was miscommunication and you didn’t receive a message from him. Please accept our apologies for the issues during your stay. We are glad to hear you decided to try our sister hotel in the French Quarter and are fans of the Omni Mandalay as well. We’ll work to improve our service and share your review with our staff.
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Definitely not the nicest place in NOLA but ompare the price. Very good location w/n 3-4 blocks from French Quarters and 7-8 blocks from WW2 Nuseum. hotel breakfast is weak but great place around corner. Staff is friendly but don't expect them to help very much with your luggage( they will let you use the cart). I found my room to be very small and dark. Great lighting in bathroom. I would recommend to others but explain about simple amenities,

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post about your stay with us and for the compliments on our staff. We will however work to assist with luggage when possible. We hope you will consider us next time you visit New Orleans.
Green Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

stayed at Omni Royal Crescent for a week on a leisure trip to NOLA. Everything was exceptionally good from breakfast to customer service, cleanliness, price and location. You can't go wrong. Try Mother's restaurant for authentic southern food....about 2 minute walk from hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Been to The Omni Royal Crescent? Share your experiences!