“Quiet hotel in the center of it all.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni Royal Crescent

Save Saved
You added The Omni Royal Crescent to your Saves list
The Omni Royal Crescent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Quiet hotel in the center of it all.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent during this year's Essence Festival. We have attended his event in the past, but this year we opted for a quieter hotel. The Omni suited our needs perfectly. It was within walking distance to Bourbon Street, the SuperDome, and the Convention Center. Great service, clean rooms, overall excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Reynoldsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Not wanting to stay at the large convention hotel, we chose a nearby hotel about a block away. This afforded a better price with good location and quieter surroundings. Hotel was good quality as with most in this chain. Lobby bar/restaurant was convenient and had complimentary coffee in the morning and good food. Small problem on bill was handled very nicely at check out with no dispute.

Room Tip: This is not a large property but a room on a higher floor is quieter from the street noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We’re glad you chose to stay with us over the large convention hotel. Sorry for the billing issue at check out, but luckily it was a quick fix. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in New Orleans.
Oak Park, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had booked a studio in the Bywater through AirBnb and upon arrival realized the air conditioner was not working. It was 90 degrees in the studio. Desperate for something comfortable I jumped on Trip Advisor and found the Omni Royal Crescent. It had good reviews, it was in my price range and it had a room available! THANK THE LORD! I had a rental car so I pulled up to the hotel, handed the valet my keys (the valet isn't always outside, you might have to go in and give your keys to the front desk) and checked into my room. The lobby is quite lovely and had a wonderful fresh fragrance! I was greeted by a very kind young man! My room was fantastic and most importantly it was nice and cool! The king size bed was SO comfy and the TV was excellent! My view was horrendous (ugly parking lot), but I honestly didn't care. It was just so nice not to be hot!!! The location of this hotel is great because it is an easy walking distance to the Quarter, but you aren't in the middle of everything if you want some peace and quiet. Just a short walk across Canal Blvd and you are in the heart of everything! The only complaint I have is about the valet! I think it was between $25 and $29 per night for valet! Pretty pricey! And on top of that, you have to give them PLENTY of time to bring your car around. I had to wait nearly a half hour one time. And then the second time I had them bring my car around, the valet guy had parked my car in a bad spot and there was a parking ticket on the car! So just be a bit aware of that! Otherwise, I was thoroughly pleased with my stay at the Omni and would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
We're glad we could help you escape the heat of the studio apartment, and that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please come back next time you are in town.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

we drove from waxahachie tx (30 min from dallas tx) reservations were on point. we got a 30% discount stayed 3 nights, our stay was considered in the fourth of july package. worth the $ the bed and pillows oooh lala didnt want to get out of bed. literally in the middle of everything. Only thing i give a heads up on is the vallet parking is $15 a day. you have the option to pay $150 for damage insurance. we did worth it. when your getting ready 10-15 MIN BEFORE YOU WALK OUT CALL THE FRONT DESK TO HAVE YOUR CAR READY if not you WILL be late for anything you have scheduled. if your not wanting to pay $20-$30 a plate per person at other restaruants i suggest you eat from the breakfast buffet & lunch & dinner with the hotel. was trying to take a nap on the 2nd day someone was blarring their music didnt even have to call front desk i heard their phone ringing and they shut it down quickly. house keeping came in did their job none of my items were moved or touched. Softest toilet paper ive touched and the jetted tub is a must for two.

• Stayed July 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and I must say it was a nice stay! You are greeted every time you walk in the lobby and front desk personnel are very helpful.

Room: Fairly small but very comfortable, I did have an issue with the A/C in my room it just quit cooling one evening (Room 805), I called front desk they did send technician right over but could not get it to cool, he offered to send me fan I was like really a Fan! After talking to Mark don't recall his last name I was given another room, Mark also threw in a free breakfast voucher so Kind of him. Omni please give Mark a pad on the back, awesome guy!

Hotel it self is small, I enjoyed the breakfast very good selection. The pool is very small but great area to hang out and unwind. Your also 2 blocks from Canal St. and not far from Bourban St as well.

People just stay here you will Like IT!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Reston, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed several days at the Omni Royal Crescent for our daughter's wedding reception. It was a little hard to find - the public exposure is just a wide doorway on Gravier St - but we managed. The location was perfect - just a couple of blocks from the French Quarter, within walking distance of all the sights. And the room was wonderful.

We had a problem with the valet parking - there is no self-parking option - on the day of the reception. It took far too long to get our car, and we were almost late - thank goodness we prefer to time things early! But to the hotel's credit, they were as upset about it as we were, and sent staff running around to find out what was wrong, and comp'ed the day's valet fee without my needing to ask.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We apologize for the valet issue, but we're glad we were able to get the car pulled around with enough time to make it to the reception. We hope you will stay with us again next time you are in New Orleans.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is an older hotel, but well kept. The room was much larger than I thought it would be after reading the square footage. The ceilings were really high and it did have a window view. We were on the Gravier side so the view was a brick wall, but I only wanted the window for the light. The bathroom was a good size, although the toilet was in an awkward spot (in the corner close to the wall). The half glass on the shower was really not that big of a deal. The rooms also have self climate control. We were here for 3 nights on the second floor, corner room, very close to the elevator. There was hardly any noise from the hallway or street....we slept well. The elevators and valet service were quick and the valet was less expensive than most others locations in the area. I requested my car be in a garage and not on the street, they did just what I requested.

Although the young lady behind the desk was not so pleasant when we first arrived, after I told her I expected a better greeting, she was much nicer each time I saw her after that. The rest of the staff was wonderful, Elray and Alex were on the job and made us most welcome and comfortable.

The hotel has a restaurant called "Dress It" which specializes in gourmet burgers your way. I did not have a burger, but did try the crab cake and onions rings, both were really good. Also try Majorias Commerce across the street for a good, cheap breakfast.

The manager left us a really nice note at check-in, I just wish they had taken the time to confirm my gender prior to addressing it. Also I did notice a few other things that I was not pleased with, but chalked it up to normal everyday occurrences and nothing is like we have it at home. If I needed to stay near the French Quarter in the future, I would definitely stay here again. Marriott is normally my go to for travel, but I will be looking to give this brand more business. We are getting married in a 3.5 weeks and are now looking for an Omni in another city for a mini-honeymoon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
We’re glad you enjoyed your staff overall, despite the few errors. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. We wish you all the best and hope that your honeymoon is fantastic.

Been to The Omni Royal Crescent? Share your experiences!