It was probably seven years ago when I stayed at this hotel last; I remembered it having a quaint, boutique quality which it still has.
My first complaint, though, is the failure of this hotel with regard to me being a black-level Omni guest. Black is the highest level with Omni hotels and one of the benefits to being black-level is the complimentary double-upgrade provided. Essentially, this should guarantee getting a suite at the time of check-in. While I just recently stayed at the hotel, I have made reservations several times in the last couple months only to be told that "no suites were available". If I can book a suite online, there is a suite available - the hotel, however, seems to have a policy of stating they are all booked to avoid giving the upgrade. So of course when I went to check in this time there were no suites available.
I know the above may sound snobby, but I travel extensively all year and whether it is airlines, hotels or rental cars, I have one or two brands with whom I deal exclusively due to the perks associated with my membership. I find it very frustrating when hotels choose to deny those benefits - it makes one question why one is loyal to that brand. Moreover, I was given a room on the second floor without even a window. I simply find it hard to believe there were no suites available on a Wednesday night.
Otherwise, the hotel is a great location - on a nice, quiet street just a block off of Canal. The casino is a few blocks away, as is the French Quarter, the Superdome, etc. The decor of the hotel was classic and well-done - certainly had a nice luxury feel to it.
The gym was lacking for anyone who takes working out seriously. If going to the gym involves a treadmill or elliptical machine for you, then you are fine. If you like lifting weights and really "working out", don't plan on using the hotel's gym.
I found the hotel staff to be professional and polite and the service overall was excellent.
My review of this hotel would have been 100% favorable if I were not at the highest level of their loyalty program but in a standard room without any windows.
- Also Known As:
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel New Orleans
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
- Omni Royal Crescent
- Omni New Orleans
- New Orleans Omni
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residential-style Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown New Orleans business district, 2 blocks from French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Amex, Otel, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your The Omni Royal Crescent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.