“Intimate Boutique Hotel in NOLA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Omni Royal Crescent

You added The Omni Royal Crescent to your Saves list
The Omni Royal Crescent
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   535 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
12% Off! Book Now & Save!
Ranked #34 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Brick, New Jersey
“Intimate Boutique Hotel in NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I picked the Omni for a five night stay while attending a conference. Overall, I was very pleased with the choice. The hotel was quiet, had a good location and the staff was helpful and friendly overall.
I purchased an inclusive breakfast package that featured the morning breakfast buffet located off the lobby. The breakfast was excellent, and featured a variety of offerings. The front desk staff is great, they are observant, friendly and very helpful. They assisted in everyting from hailing taxis to delivering room service.
Our king suite was nice, with high ceilings. We reserved a jacuzzi suite room. We used the jacuzzi once, and it was great. The bathroom was enormous. The mattress should be replaced, it's time is up. I have a criticism with the housekeeping efforts in the room, it should be improved upon. Service was spotty, the tub was never cleaned after using the jacuzzi and the room was dusty. We ran out of toilet paper, and amenities. I requested two additional pillows to be sent up, and they were never received. My husband has asthma and it was bad during the stay. The moment we left the room, it would subside.
The value overall was good for the price point, and I would stay there again, but would hope to see the cleaning issues resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an outside window, interior king suites face a brick wall.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
We apologize for the issues with housekeeping during your stay. We will make sure to pass along these comments and make sure we focus on the basics. We hope you'll still consider staying with us again. If you make a reservation, please call us and let us know the trouble you experienced last time so we can make your next stay more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Very first time I stayed here I felt that this place wasn't up to usual Omni's standard of excellence but this time it was a different story. Omni chain has always provided a consistently great stay experience and this time the Royal Crescent lived up to the Omni's name.
Join their loyalty program to get morning beverage and news paper delivered to you every morning. You will also get turndown service and free wifi. I got upgraded to a corner room with bright full length windows and large bathroom on this particular stay.
Great location if you want to be near Bourbon street but also want to be able to take a break from it. Closer to the two street car lines and other buses to get to attractions around town than many hotels in the area.
Helpful, friendly staff and their brand ambassador that really make you feel like a value customer.
Great stay.

Room Tip: The key is to join their loyalty program before you get there to get the perk including better room...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
We're so glad we got a second chance to show the level of service we're capable of delivering. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate the positive comments and we hope to see you again next time you're in New Orleans.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Picked this (as other people also did) for my trip to Mardi Gras- stayed for three nights. The front desk was so helpful! They made you feel as if your trip was important to them, and helped with all questions. The rooms were clean and serviced very well. We had three girls in a room and even though the room was small, we felt as if we had enough space. The location is key, it was SO CLOSE to Harrahs, the parades, St. Charles, and a reasonable 8 minute walk I would say into the heart of the French Quarter. I would stay here again!

Belleair, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have stayed here many times over the past 4 years and I have always been pleased until now.....The staff are all very helpfull and pleasant in fact they go out of your way to make you feel special. This is where my disenchantment starts...As I checked in I proceeded to my room which was right next to elevator and the smallest room I have ever had here NOT HAPPY....I contact the front desk to ask for a reassignment Mind You I booked Early and Am a Club Member and brought 2 other couples with me.....The manager promptly comes and shows me a room smaller. I decline but am told he will move me as soon as a suitable room is found...Well that is the Last I hear from the manager....The maid service was less than prior as we did not get shampoos etc more than once during our stay...guess being a loyal customer has lost its place in todays business..

Room Tip: Stay Away from elevator as you can hear everything as I am sure the people in hall could hear us...
Richmond, Va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 5 nights here for Mardi Gras! The hotel is a 1 1/2 blocks from st. Charles and great place to watch all the major parades. Even better you can run to your hotel for bathroom breaks. It is also a about 5 min walk to french quarter, 7,8 min to bourbon st. perfect location if you want to go have fun on Bourbon st, but not smell it all night long! Rom 707 with king bed is roomy for 2.people. Nice size bathroom. Water always hot. Absolutely Clean. It is like a beacon of light after the craziness of bourbon. Staff is friendly and helpful. All in all great hotel!

• Stayed February 2012
Omni_Manager, Manager at The Omni Royal Crescent, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay during Mardi Gras. It's important to have a place to take a break from all the partying, and we're glad you chose to stay with us. We hope you'll come back next year.
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed at the Royal Crescent for four nights over Mardis Gras. Staff were great. Location is just a short walk from the French Quarter, the Warehouse District and a lot of great restaurants. Rooms are a little small but comfortable.

Room Tip: High floor away from the elevators.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012 via mobile

This was our first stay at the Omni's Crescent location. Staff was friendly. Hotel was close but not in the French Quarter which was a bonus during busy last weekend before Mardi Gras. Join the select guest club (for free) to get free wi-fi and complimentary morning coffee service delivered to your room.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to The Omni Royal Crescent? Share your experiences!