A terrific bargain, great location, lovely hotel.
Many of the benefits of a boutique without the cost. The front-desk staff here is beyond phenomenal - the attentiveness, service orientation, and "welcoming" spirit are unmistakable. It's the sort of reception & continuing service that we've always enjoyed at top-tier Montreal hotels: You're never at risk of being ignored or treated like a number, and get the definite message that your business is appreciated.
Services here are exceptional for the price: Free overnight shoe shine. Join the Omni loyalty program and get free-wifi and free morning beverage delivered to your rooom. (Tip: Save a couple of these cards, so on your final morning you can get both o.j. AND coffee. Take along a breakfast bar, carry the tray to the sundeck and enjoy a relaxing fresh-air morning poolside with a newspaper & mini-breakfast. Greatly relaxing way to prep for the journey back home). Need a printer? They allow guests to email the front desk with a word document or pdf & they'll print it for you. (Hugely helpful if you're attending a convention).
Housekeeping is first rate, too. There seems to be a good number of staff folks, and they're always pleasant.
Service and value are pretty much the reason for my high rating here.
The building itself is older and doesn't qualify as a 5-star. Rooms are fine - good space, nicely decororated. There's no New Orleans theme to the decor, though, which seems like a missed opportunity.
My seventh-floor room was quiet - it's an older downtown hotel, but not like so many where the street noise really blasts through. Bathrobes provided, excellent bathroom amenities, and overall generous storage space.
The lobby is modest and small, the gym is fully suitable without being any kind of "wow" ... and the pool is strange. It's an outdoor, very very large hot tub- you could probably fit a dozen people or more. But the water is barely above pool temperature. So it's not functioning as a hot tub, and it's way to small to be a pool. The sun deck is small but very pleasant - in the good weather, this is a great city for lying in the sun but there are very few spots to do that.
The pricing here is excellent, and the value is undeniable - especially if you join the Omni loyalty program and make use of its offerings.
- Also Known As:
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel New Orleans
- The Omni Royal Crescent Hotel
- Omni Royal Crescent
- Omni New Orleans
- New Orleans Omni
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residential-style Boutique Hotel located in the heart of downtown New Orleans business district, 2 blocks from French Quarter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your The Omni Royal Crescent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.