“Good hotel-great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   509 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $99
Ranked #15 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Avignon, France
“Good hotel-great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed there at Easter for one night, and enjoyed our stay. We chose a room with a window, with a view to the interior patio. It was a beautiful room, despite a lack of light inside, not too big but it was enough, and it was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and despite noisy streets around, the interior side of the hotel was quiet. The staff was helpful, the valet service was good (wait for your car around 20-30 minutes). The location is ideal to visit the French quarter by foot, with restaurants around. I would recommend this hotel!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We spent 6 nights and 7 days at this hotel from 4/15 - 4/21 in a Deluxe King Bed size room. Our room was on the third floor of one of the buildings. The room size is what you expect in the quarter and they are all you need. They have recently been remodeled and are beautiful with exposed brick walls and glass enclosed showers with marble counter tops.

We had excellent service from everyone we encountered and loved the courtyard sitting area. The location is ideal for all areas of New Orleans. We were able to come back to the room and drop off packages and relax. The shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. They provide an in-room coffee maker and they are the only place that actually provides enough creamer packages - thanks!

Cleaning was always done early enough that when we went back to relax it was already done. Towels and bedding replaced and amenities restocked and everything washed and wiped down. The housekeeping folks we met and spoke to were lovely and wonderful people (I'm sorry I forgot names). Oh, and the beds are extremely comfortable.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. It is perfect in every way. So perfect in fact that we are going back at the end of May for another week.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bonner Springs, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We love the location! It is a quaint place to stay. The staff is friendly and very helpful. We love the court yard and it has a small pool. The beds are okay...pillows could use an upgrade. Walking distance to the night life, but not too close where you have to deal with the crowds being close to your rooms. Nice and quiet.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Washington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 nights, easy to find and plenty food and shops near hotel. Reception staff very helpful. Room large and clean 1 large bed, TV and seating area. Bathroom and shower very clean and modern with toiletries. No Breakfast but plenty eating places and pool area beautiful seating and tables. Valet car parking at reasonable cost. Good value for the price in a fabulous location. WIFI free and good. Would stay again DEFINITE

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Portland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I did a lot of research on New Orleans, and was priced out of most of the top 20 hotels. Imagine my delight when I learned I could get the #15 hotel for about half the cost of the others on the list!

I had given up on finding anything in the French Quarter on my budget. I was looking at hotels in the Garden district, and planning on riding the street car into the FQ. Boy am I glad we didn't do that! We rode the St. Charles streetcar down to Carrollton one day. On the way back, passing through the garden district towards the FQ, there were dozens of people waiting for the streetcar at each stop, but were unable to get on because it was full. I've read that this is a common problem for those staying at hotels along/near St. Charles.

We couldn't have been happier with the French Market Inn. It is 3 blocks from Bourbon st. (if that's your thing), 2 blocks from Jackson Square, about 5 blocks from the French market, in other words, it's in the middle of it all!

We had a petite room, one queen bed. I had asked for a courtyard view, because I had read that the street view rooms can be a little noisy. I also didn't want an interior room (no windows). Our room was petite, but it was just right. It was clean and nicely decorated. My wife was also very happy it had a bath tub!

The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The interior courtyard is pretty and peaceful. There is also a small dipping pool to cool down in if you need to.

A great tip that I read was to book the room directly on the hotel website. By doing so, you will save around $20/night over what you would pay on one of the big travel booking websites. And if you have AAA or AARP, you can get an additional 10% discount! We saved about $35/night! When we checked in, even the clerk was surprised at the price we paid. She said that booking on their website gives better discounts than what you would get by calling her directly.

We really enjoyed our stay. The only thing more I could have asked for would be a mini fridge and a microwave, which would have fit nicely next to our desk!

For the location, and the value, you just can't beat The French Market Inn!

Room Tip: Book on the hotel website, use your AAA or AARP discount. Get a courtyard view room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was a real nice historic place. They made it into a super delightful boutique hotel with prices. It was so close to everything. We had a car but didn't need one.
We had a nicely sized room with a king size bed and a very modern and clean bathroom. The bed and linens were super comfy and cozy. My bed will never be the same to me again. The temperature was easy to control and was never a problem. The shower pressure was great and so was the piping hot water. I love long hot drenching showers and this was perfect for me. There were plenty of towels and also a blow dryer if you need one. There was also a coffee maker, which I only used once due to Cafe du Monde being so close.
Everything in the French Quarter was within walking distance. There is a public parking lot across the street if you have a car, or you can use valet parking through the hotel.
There was a cat, Patrick, on site. He was so sweet and cute and didn't bother anyone. He was usually in the stairwell of the main building napping or in the courtyard where his food and water bowls are.
The hotel is many buildings all connected by a central courtyard. The walls are mostly original exposed brick inside and outside the buildings and rooms. It is very charming. There is also a small non-heated pool and a small fountain in the courtyard. The vending machines and ice machine are in an easily accessible building right off the pool, not in each individual building. Our room had two large windows (that didn't open) to the courtyard and our building had an elevator.
There are restaurants everywhere around the hotel and some are 24 hours. There are also Walgreens and CVS within a block each way. Local transit stops also within a block.
I will stay here next trip down. I recommend this for people who like historic and antique but modern.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I love the French Market Inn for many reasons; value for the area, location is amazing and it is clean. Been a guest for many years, and always come back when other chain hotels are too pricey. French Market Inn rooms are very small, so don't think you are getting a big roomy guest room. With mostly brick walls, the rooms are quiet, even the rooms facing Rue Decatur. My last visit was a week ago, our room was very small and the air conditioning vent blew directly over the bed. There wasn't a happy medium it was either hot or cold (all because of the exterior weather during the stay). Over all, I recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to say in the Quarter but doesn't want to spend a small fortune. Great value for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to French Market Inn? Share your experiences!