This hotel is not only very affordable, but it is very charming and in a great location. As a woman traveling alone, I was a little nervous about going out by myself, but the neighborhood is very safe and the location is close to many tourist attractions while being a good distance away from the whole Bourbon Street scene, which I was not interested in. While I chose this hotel because I was traveling alone and on business, so the room didn't matter me, I would definitely come back to this hotel for a couples vacation and would recommend it to others. I got the queen petit, which was perfectly fine for one person, but if traveling with someone else I would probably get one of the larger rooms. My only quibble with my room was that I could not open the window, but the hotel staff informed me this dated back to a 1930-s era law requiring all hotel rooms in the French Quarter over a certain height to have their windows nailed shut (presumably to prevent people from falling out!). As a result, the room was very quiet, even though it overlooked the busy Decatur Street and the river beyond that. I was so delighted with this hotel that I ended up leading several impromptu tours of it during my stay. If you stay here, make sure to have breakfast (or lunch or dinner) at The Grill around the corner on 540 Chartres Street. The breakfast was fantastic and their famous grilled pecan pie ala mode is to die for (they are the same as the famous Camellia Grill uptown but due to a legal dispute with the prior owner they are not allowed to go by that name).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn