I've walked past this hotel MANY times during my trips to New Orleans, never knowing what was behind the entrance door. I am so glad I booked this hotel for my most recent trip. I didn't know what I was missing! It was just myself, my mother, and my younger sister (perfect location for people traveling alone or a small group of women - felt very safe on a well populated street). Decatur is one of the most frequented streets due to being alongside the MS River as well as shopping, Jackson Square, French Market, etc. So the location was excellent. We arrived and got right to our room. The doormen were nice and helpful, as were the front desk staff. We had a double Queen bed balcony room - it was fabulous. I'm a sucker for exposed brick walls, and our room had that along with high, vaulted ceilings as well as my beloved wrought iron balcony. The balcony was HUGE, but it was a shared balcony with the room next to us - could potentially be inconvenient, but it wasn't a problem for us during our stay. Our "view" was basically the parking lot across the street - but didn't kill the vibe. It wasn't a problem. The room was extremely clean! No complaints at all. The bed slept nicely and the shower was nice. The entire property was very well maintained. The courtyard is probably the most beautiful courtyard I've ever seen in New Orleans. The exposed brick/concrete, lighting, pool, plants, everything. It was gorgeous. We had no complaints or issues during our stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was outside at one point alone during the night trying to get a cab & the doorman hailed a cab for me & proceeded to stand outside with me until the cab arrived - not necessary, but very thoughtful and nice. Location is very convenient. I will most definitely stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, BookIt.com, Reservation Counter, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn