“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

Save Saved
You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Pillowtop Mattresses
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Mississippi
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I've walked past this hotel MANY times during my trips to New Orleans, never knowing what was behind the entrance door. I am so glad I booked this hotel for my most recent trip. I didn't know what I was missing! It was just myself, my mother, and my younger sister (perfect location for people traveling alone or a small group of women - felt very safe on a well populated street). Decatur is one of the most frequented streets due to being alongside the MS River as well as shopping, Jackson Square, French Market, etc. So the location was excellent. We arrived and got right to our room. The doormen were nice and helpful, as were the front desk staff. We had a double Queen bed balcony room - it was fabulous. I'm a sucker for exposed brick walls, and our room had that along with high, vaulted ceilings as well as my beloved wrought iron balcony. The balcony was HUGE, but it was a shared balcony with the room next to us - could potentially be inconvenient, but it wasn't a problem for us during our stay. Our "view" was basically the parking lot across the street - but didn't kill the vibe. It wasn't a problem. The room was extremely clean! No complaints at all. The bed slept nicely and the shower was nice. The entire property was very well maintained. The courtyard is probably the most beautiful courtyard I've ever seen in New Orleans. The exposed brick/concrete, lighting, pool, plants, everything. It was gorgeous. We had no complaints or issues during our stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. I was outside at one point alone during the night trying to get a cab & the doorman hailed a cab for me & proceeded to stand outside with me until the cab arrived - not necessary, but very thoughtful and nice. Location is very convenient. I will most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Polish first
united kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We stayed here for five nights. The rooms are not huge but have everything you need. The hotel is located in the French Quarter so easy to walk out to shops and restaurants. It is just across the road from the river too. It's appearance from the street is deceptive. Has a small pool and a nice courtyard where guests can sit. Can't do a review without mentioning the helpful staff in the hotel lobby. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Monroe, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My wife and I just got back from a five night stay at the hotel. It is immaculate, charming, centrally located to everything, and a good value. We stayed in one of the larger rooms that looks directly over the pool area. The room is almost brand new with two queen beds. The only drawback for some folks might be that you do have to climb 22 steps to get to the room, but once you are there, who cares. The room was very quiet. We ate at at a different restaurant every night and had great meals, but never had to walk more than two blocks. If you stay here, you really do not need a car, which will save you a whole bunch of money. Meghan, Minnie, Wayne an Lonnie were all very helpful.

Room Tip: Room 224, 225 and 227 overlook the pool with 227 also having a balcony.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We got a room facing the river/street. It was lovely, it was small but enough space for us, our suitcase etc. bathroom was good, nice and clean. The staff where very friendly and helpful. The pool is small but cute, and there are chairs to lay out on although I can't imagine wanting to lay out in the New Orleans heat! (so humid!) The hotel is located a few blocks from Bourbon St (if that's your thing) or a very short taxi ride to Frenchman St (where the best jazz is) Hotel was perfectly located for us, right near Jackson Square, Cafe Du Monte, the ferry/steamboat port and loads of yummy restaurants! We were very pleased with this hotel, I would definitely stay here again.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The staff is so helpful and friendly. Terrific job on the renovations! French Market Inn is the only place to stay in NOLA, convenient to everything! If you need directions anywhere just check with the knowledgeable staff and enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - the courtyard is awesome!
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of the good deals in N.O. Old buildings, cobbled together and modernized. Nice courtyard and small pool. Very clean. Room sizes vary--it's not a new building, but the price is right. Jeanna at the dest was extremely helpful with directions and shopping suggestions. Short walk to Canal Street, Bourbon, the River, streetcars. Very close to Masperos for great food, big portions and lowest prices.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are DARK and quiet. Great sleeping.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is so affordable for the area and phenomenal. Don't let the pictures deceive you, because it is MUCH larger than what I thought it would be and absolutely gorgeous. The staff was courteous and thoughtful and the area is unbeatable. 15 min cab ride to EVERYTHING. Loved it!

Room Tip: The rooms are a tad small, but we really used it just for sleeping because we were out all day.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Been to French Market Inn? Share your experiences!