“Lovely & Laid Back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

Save Saved
You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Announcement
New Pillowtop Mattresses
Ranked #20 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Lovely & Laid Back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is so affordable for the area and phenomenal. Don't let the pictures deceive you, because it is MUCH larger than what I thought it would be and absolutely gorgeous. The staff was courteous and thoughtful and the area is unbeatable. 15 min cab ride to EVERYTHING. Loved it!

Room Tip: The rooms are a tad small, but we really used it just for sleeping because we were out all day.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Polish first
Church Hill, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The location was great and the hotel was very clean. The courtyard was also a very nice place to sit and relax.Over all our stay was great and I would definitely stay there again if I ever go back to New Orleans.

• Stayed September 2014
Western Norway, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I arrived at this hotel with a prepaid reservation after a long day driving to New Orleands. The receptionist (that was very rude), refused to take my reservation, because it was not in their system yet. I showed her the hotel confirmation that I had in my email but she said she couldn´t give me a room if it wasn´t already in their system. She meant that I had to make a new booking and get the other one refunded. I found that totally unacceptable so I decided to leave the hotel and the rude receptionist that din´t even try to find a solution.

Not an good experience at all... not ever staying there!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The French Market Inn is a great place to stay in the French Quarter of New Orleans. It's located on Decatur Street and walking distance from just about everything in the French Quarter, including the St. Louis Cemetery, countless restaurants and clubs, museums, etc. The room was very clean and kept so throughout our stay, all the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, the buildings and courtyard were attractive and well maintained and there was a pool available for guests, as well as tables and chairs. The room was comfortable, air conditioning worked great, nice shower, and it was quiet throughout our 6-night stay though Decatur Street is a main, busy street. We had the smaller room with one Queen bed and it was fine and a great value. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the courtyard and it was very quiet. The smaller room with one Queen bed is def...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Had a bad experience with a host from AirBnB. At the last minute, I told my son to cancel our rental. I then headed to the French Market Inn. They gave me a room with two queen beds and all was well. It's a great location and reasonably priced. Thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Park out front and get the valet service. You won't need your car.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We only stayed one night, but we will go back next time we're in New Orleans! The room was clean and beautiful, the staff was very friendly and helpful. Every staff member that passed us on their rounds while we hung out in the quaint courtyard said hello or good morning. The location was great, right in the quarter. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go within the French Quarter. My only complaint is the pillows were worthless, but otherwise the beds were comfortable. A few times in the wee hours of the morning we were woken up by rowdy people but that's just New Orleans for you! Also reasonably priced as far as Inns, especially in the area go.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We stayed here for 3 nights and loved it. This hotel is the perfect New Orleans experience- it has history and atmosphere but everything was updated and clean. You can't beat the location either the room was a quick walk to anything we wanted to do and in a safe location. Our room faced Decatur street and I thought the room was surprisingly quiet. We had a balcony and two queen beds. Both the room and the bathroom were spacious. The staff was very friendly also. I will definitely be staying at French market inn if I come back to New Orleans.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to French Market Inn? Share your experiences!