“Quaint and cozy boutique” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

Save Saved
You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
$79 Weekday Rates
Ranked #13 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
“Quaint and cozy boutique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Decided to stay at the French Market Inn, after reading all the positive reviews. All was everyone commented. This Inn is so nice, comfortable, clean, quaint. Was so perfect. The staff was also very pleasant. Very convenient to all we wanted to do. Will definitely make this my stay, whenever we go back to NO.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

100 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here in December before renovations were complete and loved it. This time we booked a balcony room for 5 nights. Gorgeous room and loved sitting on the balcony. Did not notice any street noise while we slept. The curtains keep the room nice and dark.
Nancy works at the desk and helped us decide to stay 2 more nights. We just couldn't leave this great city and she helped us by getting the best rate. Perry the doorman felt like a friend by the end of our stay. Will definitely be our hotel of choice when coming to Nola which is 3-4 times a year.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Finding the room was entertaining as the hotel has a few internal stairways. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and have plenty of room. The bathrooms are updated and come with anything you could need. If you're looking for a wonderful place to stay that's close to everything without paying a ton of money, this is where you should go!

• Stayed August 2014
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is very clean, the service is great and it is decorated very nicely. The pool/courtyard area is also nice & inviting. Even though I didn't get a chance to go in it, the pool is small & most of the time was occupied. The rooms are a bit small but ok, because most of the time I spent outside. The building is a little odd & the room I had, took me through a little maze. One thing I didn't like, some of the employees are loud in the morning. Maybe it's me being grumpy in the AM but I don't like being woken up by loud conversations in the hallway. I love the location. It's right in the center of everything, no need for cabs. Right across the street from the Mississippi river.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We rented this hotel and booked a room with a balcony and we loved everything about it. Perfect location, beautiful rooms and friendly staff. We will stay there every time we go to New Orleans now! We took our two young sons (3 and 9 months) and it was walking distance to the Aquarium so it was very convenient for us. Also highly recommend the Gumbo Pot right across the street it was fantastic.

Stayed August 2014
Los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm fairly new to Tripadvisor and have never been big on reviews and ratings. This time I used this app and really dug in and read everything. Finding this hotel was like magic. Having down a lot of time staying and walking the French Quarter I know what I've always wanted in a hotel but never received. The French Market Inn delivered the experience I've been seeking for years. Old world style, simple but modern rooms with not a single thing out of place. As perfection goes this place nailed it. I was sad I only stayed the night but am looking forward to staying several nights next visit along with trying out a suite package. Thank you for making your mark on me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Slagle, Louisiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This reservation was made about 3 weeks before the visit for 2 rooms close to each other. We were travelling with grandkids and wanted to me close. When we arrived, the rooms were in completely different buildings. The reservation office does not know the hotel or room maps. I called the hotel direct just so this would not happen. The desk clerk tried to find other rooms, but the only ones available were completely at different ends of the hall. I even said I would change my bed request to more beds, etc. So, if you are in a group that wants to be together, forget this hotel. When I called the hotel manager a few days later to complain, it was just ....we are a boutique hotel and do not have that many options....so sorry we disappointed you. The reservation person acted like it was no big deal to get rooms next to each other. If I had been told anything else, I would have picked another hotel..............there are plenty in NO. Also, if the weather is cold/rainy, you have to walk through a courtyard to get to most of the rooms. And there is no restaurant/breakfast, so you have to walk to get something to eat. There is valet parking, but there is a Parking Lot directly across the street that would have been more convenient........................NOT a good experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a window. Don't stay here if needing rooms close to someone e...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
mcharlesnola, Owner at French Market Inn, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Our hotel makes every effort to accommodate guest requests for specific room locations, but that is never guaranteed. Room bedding types and rates are guaranteed. Typical of many historic hotels in the French Quarter, large lush brick courtyards are central to the ambiance of the hotel, one of the primary reasons guests love our facilities. Restaurants are everywhere in the immediate area, too many to count, just steps from the hotel front door, so we are puzzled about that aspect of this review. And, room types are clearly described, and confirmed, in the booking process. Many guests prefer the windowless room category for the great value offered.

Been to French Market Inn? Share your experiences!