“Historic bit of excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

Save Saved
You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   501 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #19 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Athens, Georgia
“Historic bit of excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I recently stayed at the French Market Inn for a family vacation. Upon arrival, I was allowed to check in early. The staff were so accommodating to all of our families needs. They even allowed my husband to leave his scooter up front for easy access as our rooms were a little crowded. The hotel was spotless and our rooms although not very large were nicely maintained. The staff answered all our questions, greeted us nicely each and every time. I cannot say enough things about how pleasant they were.
The hotel has a beautiful courtyard and nice pool which was well maintained. It is also one block from Jackson Square and about three blocks from the French Market. Bourbon Street is a few blocks away. All the main tourist attractions are within reach. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel is really nice and has a great location in french quarter, close to the Mississippi.
The bedroom was really nice, clean when we arrived and well furnished with a nice decoration and comfy beds.
The price, compare to other hôtels in the french quarter is also good.

The only negative point, we were gone all day and when we came back the room was only partly done. Bed was done but garbage still here...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lufkin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service. Excellent location. My room was quaint but fitting. Extremely comfortable. Parking was confusing for me but I'm not much of a traveler. The staff was extremely polite and helpful. I would recommend this inn to anyone. I may see you there.

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Originally i was going to book with hotel st. Marie, however after a few phone calls to hotle st. Marie i realised that everyone i delt with there was extremly unhelpful and rude. Booked at french market inn and all was great! Clean rooms, great courtyard, helpful and courtious staff. They gave us dinner suggestions that were wonderful also! Very nice place, i will be back next time im in town!

Manvel, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had such a nice stay at the French Market Inn. We booked through booking.com and got a great weekend summer rate. I booked three rooms, as we had friends traveling with us. They took out the first night for all three rooms a few days prior to arrival, and the remainder we were able to split up. The room we had was a king room with 2 windows overlooking Decatur Street. We thought it may be a bit loud due to the train tracks and the steam boat, but it was actually quite nice and quiet. Everything was clean in the room and bathroom, the maid service was excellent and everyone was very friendly. The pool is a bit small, but my husband enjoyed it. They have a cute courtyard where the pool is with ample seating, and a resident cat, patrick who is very sweet and friendly. Parking was awesome - $29/night plus taxes and the valet was very friendly. They rolled the valet rate into our hotel stay, so that was nice. I don't have one negative thing to say about this hotel. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner room was nice and large with 3 windows - all windows have room darkening shades. Get a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As a local I couldn't have picked a better home-away-from-home! Perfect location. Wonderfully appointed room. Comfy bed and relaxing courtyard. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Will definitely return!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I booked this room online and paid $95 for one night a few days in advance of check in. Prior to arrival we called the hotel about parking. We were advised the price was $29 + tax/day and that we needed to bring cash for the valet who does not work for the hotel. In case you weren't aware parking in the French Quarter is INSANELY expensive and at all costs should be avoided. As we were traveling with 2 small children we had no choice but to pay the fee. We arrived at our hotel around 5:30 on a Monday afternoon the woman at the front desk was very helpful. She advised about an hour earlier she had people lined out the door waiting. So if you show up make sure it's after 5 or you will wait. The parking valet arrived to take our keys and money for parking, I gave him our keys and money (included a $4 tip). The front desk receptionist as is customary required a credit card to swipe and hold the number in the event of any damages. The hotel is in my opinion a boutique hotel, it's small but it's very nice and fitting to the area. The room was clean and we had no problems with it except for a used washcloth (not by us) we found on the top of the shower curtain rod. The pool is very small but usable, with a maximum depth of 4ft I thought that was kind of a joke. It was perfect for our purposes of swimming with 2 young children. We slept very good with only minor distractions of noises (opening and closing of doors and people talking in the common areas) It's not by any means quiet but we were very tired from traveling so it wasn't bothering us. The next morning we checked out of the hotel, I gave the front desk attendant our room keys and was told we had no charges because we pre-paid and we were all set. Fast forward 4 days I see a charge for $31.36 on our credit card from the hotel. This has to have been for parking. All told I paid $62.72 + a $4 tip to park for ONE NIGHT. I'm almost positive this was a scam between the front desk attendant and the valet parking attendant. We are disputing the charge with our credit card company.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a door inside the building, the building has rooms that are inside and rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to French Market Inn? Share your experiences!