“My Favorite Place in Nola ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of French Market Inn

You added French Market Inn to your Saves list
French Market Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   509 Rue Decatur, New Orleans, LA 70130 (French Quarter)   |
Offers & Announcements
Weekday Rates from $78
Ranked #18 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Houston
“My Favorite Place in Nola ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I love this hotel . I went there for my birthday in March and stayed for 3 nights. The staff was so wonderful that we decided to come back in July for our anniversary and stay for 6 nights. A whole week in Nola! The ladies at the front desk are amazing .. The guys at the door are so nice and friendly. This location is great, walking distance from everything. Not just the tourist spots, but the local places on Frenchmen street too. The rooms are great and amazing pricing for the location .. We will be back soon!

Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Right on Decatur, close to the action on Bourbon st but far enough away that you can get a good night sleep. We were away from the street in a building that connected to the inner courtyard on the 3rd floor and we had friends on the first and 2nd floors. It was very quiet. We did not take advantage of the pool as the weather was hot and the water temperature was warm. Would have loved a cup of tea. It's too bad the hotel did not have hot tea and coffee available for the guests. You could make coffee in your room but I am used to staying at hotels that serve hot coffee/tea in the lobby at a minimum and often include a continental breakfast but there was none of that here. You had to go to a local restaurant for that and the places close by did not seem to open very early, but we found a coffee shop nearby that opened at 8am. The nice thing about this hotel is the secure parking that is available a few blocks away by valet service and you do pay extra for the parking but it is fairly reasonable given the location. No fridge in the room but there was an ice machine in a building just behind the pool. Walking distance to the French Market, the Outlet Stores and Bourbon St. The front desk staff were very knowledgeable and helpful and arranged the tours for us that we were interested in and even managed to get us discounts, so arrange your tours through the front desk rather than going to some of the corner vendors.

Room Tip: A room off the courtyard on the 2nd or 3rd floor at the rear of the hotel, to the right of the pool...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed two nights at French Market Inn. It's in a great location, just minutes from pretty much anything you'd want to do. The room was nice and clean. I did book a window room (223), but ended up in a corner room with a window that faced a wall, so we couldn't see the courtyard. The staff was friendly and polite. My only complaint is that I could hear every noise in the courtyard in my room. Every chair being pulled, every cart being pushed by house keeping, EVERYTHING. The people in the room next to us had their television on until about 2 am the first night and we could hear it like it was in our room. Also, (I guess I have 2 complaints) the bed was super uncomfortable. To me, it was like sleeping on a floor. So, in combination with the courtyard noise, my husband and I did not sleep very well. Parking was convenient, right across the street there is a self-parking lot. 54 dollars for 2 nights.
Overall, I would stay here again, but I would bring my own pillow and a few sleeping pills next time.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

the place was difficult to find. Do not put the address that comes up on the website, take off the RUE part and the zip is totally different. Awesome staff though. I am not sure about cleaning service. When we arrived back at the room there were no face towels; so needless to say the house-keep did not get a tip left. Valet was very nice and responsive. One of the best I have seen. Do tip them once your stay is over. Nice area. Close to the ocean area where things are going on but not on the man street where you can get a great nights sleep, even by the elevator. Hope you enjoy. A little pricey though! By the way no microwaves or frigs so don't bring those items!

Room Tip: stay in the hallway rooms and not rooms from the outdoors.
Gainesville, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Loved everything about this hotel during our stay. Beautiful rooms, beautiful courtyard with a small outdoor pool all in the heart of the French Quarter. Everything is within a short walk. The hotel staff was great, especially the night crew. They made us feel welcome and were charming and funny. The price was amazing! The only reason it does not receive 5 stars is because of the accounting department. We booked through Hotels.com and they did not have our reservation when we arrived. The only way for us to stay that night was to pay (again) for the 1st night until they received the reservation and then get refunded for the double payment the next morning. This was fine, no big deal. I gave them 3 days before I asked about my refund again. They again said I had to speak with accounting (No one from accounting was ever available). It took 2 weeks to get my refund of the nights. I did get the refund. Moral of the story: I would recommend this hotel, but book with them directly!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Wow! I can't say enough about the French Market Inn. We were a little hesitant because we got such a great deal on the room but decided to give it a try, especially after seeing all the reviews. We arrived after a long drive from Texas to such a friendly and warm staff. We were given a beautiful room (#227). We couldn't believe what a gorgeous room it was. Super spacious, beautiful bathroom and a nice little patio overlooking the courtyard. We had seen several reviews about smaller rooms with no window so I was sure to ask for a window. We were so incredibly pleased with the French Market Inn. The staff is so nice and they even have a "house cat" who just lounges around. I'm not much of a cat person but the cat always stayed out of the way.

The location is just perfect as well. Cafe Du Monde and Jackson Square are just a few blocks away. There is tons of shopping across the street. Riverwalk shopping is just down a few blocks as well. The riverfront is just across the street - and you are just 3 blocks from the center of Bourbon Street. We even walked down to Harrah's Casino on Canal Street which was maybe about 5 blocks. What I liked is that the hotel was small and quiet and after a night on Bourbon Street you came 'home' to a peaceful place.

As for parking, they do offer valet - but I researched this before we went and read that valet was around $40/a day. There is a parking lot DIRECTLY across from the hotel and it costs $27 a day. We paid $108 for 4 days. We didn't mind this too much since we got such a great deal on the room. It also allowed us to watch out for our vehicle and we saw it everytime we stepped out of the hotel. It is not covered parking but it was perfect for us.

Do not hesitate to stay at French Market Inn. We will definitely be staying again on our next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window. Also, we had Room 227, which was incredible, however, there is no elev...
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located in the quarter on Decatur street across
from the water near dining and shopping. A true small hotel with style and elegance sitting in the middle if it all. A couple of blocks from Royal, Jackson Square & the market. Great hotel at a great value! Hard not to sleep in and enjoy its comfort. Would come back!

• Stayed July 2014