I was honestly worried when I read some negative reviews of this place after booking solely on basis of location and price. It turned out to be great. I called to ensure I had one of the renovated rooms. It was of adequate size (unless you are going to NOLA to sit in your room). It was clean. Our king sized bed was comfortable. Staff were frdly and helpful. Location was perfect for walking 2 or 3 blocks to excellent restaurants, 5 min to the madness of bourbon street, 3 blocks to french market 10 minutes to Frenchman street music venues. probably good to be on 4th floor because Decatur St is busy with tourist traffic well into the night. Do not understand the reviewer who was irritated by the Natchez riverboat calliope playing for 30 minutes at the dock across the street about 200 yds away around 11 am 2 pm. and. 6 pm. It was all part of the atmosphere and again, in the coolest city in the world what are you doing in your room? Maybe you should have stayed in Fargo! Felt very safe at that location. Often when I go to a city I see another place I wish I had stayed. In this case when I return, this will be my choice. But not a bad idea to call and confirm you are getting a room that is renovated and either facing the quaint courtyard or- my preference- facing the river but at least three if not four floors up
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn