The location was wonderful. We were in the middle of everything. We were able to walk to everything we wanted to go to. It never seemed more than a mile away. The cable car stopped near here also and taxis were easy to find if needed.
The front desk was very nice. It was a very small area, but they are working in a very old place. They couldn't have been more helpful. I saw them handle a number of difficult situation with ease and class.
We had construction going on around us, but it didn't really seem to interfere with us. I was never woken up with it in the morning or found the workman in my way.
The maid staff was my biggest problem. In our week stay, they were always in our way. They would knock to get into the room at 9 am. Then they were not coming until after after three in the afternoon. I felt like I had to be out of the room early and not come back until late afternoon. Cleaning supplies were left in the bathroom. They would remove the old soap and not give us new soap. We rarely had the same number of towels each day. Once they left us no towels.
Coffee shop was very nice, but closed too early in the evening.
The room was very nice and modern, though small. There was no tub in the bathroom, but the shower was wonderful. It felt like a new clean space in a very historic place. We had a room without a real window, but there was a opening above that let natural light in.
- Also Known As:
- French Market Hotel New Orleans
- French Market Hotel
- Historic French Market Hotel
- Hotel Historic French Market
- Historic French Market Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Priceline, BookIt.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your French Market Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.