“Good beer, average everything else” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gordon Biersch Brewery

Gordon Biersch Brewery
200 Poydras St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)
504-552-2739
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Gordon Biersch Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #375 of 1,516 Restaurants in New Orleans
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Houston, Texas
“Good beer, average everything else”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Atmosphere was dark and bland with lots of tv's with sports. Service was friendly enough. The specialty beer, suggested by our waitress, was the best thing we tried. Also had the cblt (blt with chicken) which was missing the avocado mayo and the chicken was dry, and the bbq pork sandwich which had flavor but was greasy. Both the garlic fries and the sweet potato fries were great! Overall, average at best.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Zanesville, Ohio
“Loved the pizzas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

We were staying in a hotel right around the corner from here and my son who lives New Orleans recommended we go there. I liked the atmosphere and I had the grilled shrimp and grilled chicken, my husband and the other couple we were with had ind. pizzas~my husband had the vegetarian and they had the BBQ Chicken pizza and my son had a shrimp pasta dish. The guys also enjoyed the craft beers they had.

Visited November 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Dated sports bar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The best thing at this restaurant/sports bar was the sign outside and the German beer. We entered through the bar looking for the restaurant and were obviously lost. We stood there for 10 minutes as at least a dozen employees walk right past us without saying a word. We eventually found the restaurant ourselves and seated ourselves as there was no hostess. The decore is old and the restaurant has only a few tables. We ordered the Kobe Cheeseburger and the BBQ chicken sandwich both with fries. The hamburger was dry and cold and the bun was stale while the BBQ sandwich was greasy and also cold. The best part was the Bavarian Lager Marzen which was mildly sweet with a malt finish. 4 other hand crafted Gordon Biersch beers are featured. Service was slow and nonattentive and atmosphere was cold due to disinterested employees.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at Gordon Biersch Brewery, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Gordon Biersch works hard to make our guests feel completely satisfied with their overall experience but it appears we fell short on your most recent visit with us. We are truly sorry for the lack of service and hospitality you received and will ensure these issues are quickly corrected. Thank you for providing your feedback on the matter, if you would like to discuss it further, please email me at gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.
Tennessee
“Meal OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were looking for somewhere to eat in New Orleans and everyplace was packed or the menu did not appeal to us. My friend is a meat and potatoes person. We finally settled on this place because it was not very crowded and we were tired of walking and hungry. I ordered the beef medallions and the skewered shrimp, both were very good. My friend ordered steak well done and it came back barely cooked. Needless to say he did not eat it. The waitress asked about it and took it to show to the manager. They offered to cook him another or to deduct the price from the bill. Since the meal was practically over, he opted to have it taken off of the bill. I shared my beef medallions and he thought they were good. This is probably not a place we would eat again, but it was ok. We are not beer drinkers, so we have no idea about the brew.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Beer, burgers, and sports!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I were visiting New Orleans as the first stop of a pan-America road trip. We had a couple of hours to kill before we caught a steamboat ride on the Mississippi, so decided to grab lunch. This restaurant/brewery was situated just off from Harrah's hotel, down a wonderfully atmospheric street. It was wonderful to sit outside in the November sun (what a contradiction!), people watching whilst the sounds of jazz trumpets filled the air from neighbouring establishments. The food was very nice. the garlic chips were to die for; not too overpowering, an every so often you'd get a hint of garlic filling your nostrils. Our server (Lenitra) was so welcoming and chatty. She knew the menu perfectly and made some excellent recommendations, not least the Triple Chocolate Brownie for dessert that rounded off the meal. But special mention must be put aside for the beers. Obviously, we were dining at a brewery, but the standard of beer was fantastic. I played it safe with their lager 'Golden Export', which is one of the smoothest lagers I've ever had, whilst my friend had their 'taster' option: all 6 beers for $6.25. Obviously they came in small glasses, but it was great to get the variety for a really good price. The 3 my friend would pick out for mention would be the Export, a Czech Pilsner that reminded him of Prague, and a seasonal special that can be described as an English pale ale; he was absolutely besotted with it.

Overall, a wonderful experience in a lovely corner of town. Our server was a joy, and the standard of food and drink was brilliant. Thank you!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere