“A good night's stay two blocks from Bourbon Street” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #74 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
The Woodlands, Texas, United States
“A good night's stay two blocks from Bourbon Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Took my family to New Orleans for a weekend get away. The Sheraton is located on Canal Street about two blocks from Bourbon Street. The Sheraton's lobby is a huge space/room with very high ceilings and a restaurant/bar in the middle of these room. A huge screen was playing the current sporting events. There is a large covered area to drive your car up to the door/park for the valet. Parking is available at the hotel, we used the valet service. There is an out door pool that my daughters enjoyed. The room was clean and a decent size. My only issue was the elevators were a little too high tech for my liking. Inside the elevator there are no buttons. You enter your floor you would like to go to while waiting for the elevator. When the elevator arrives you just get in and it knows what floor to stop at, but this system does not know how many people are going to each floor. So if a group of 15 sorority sisters is directed to the same elevator as your family their is not enough room for everyone. All and all this was a minor inconvenience. I would definitely consider staying here again. It has the plus of being slightly removed from craziness of Bourbon St, but on the other hand it has the negative of being slightly removed from the craziness of Bourbon St. Depends what you are looking for on your trip.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here while attending a conference in the same hotel. Room was fine; so were meeting areas. Nothing remarkable. Location was great, right on the edge of the French Quarter yet not in it, and close to streetcars. Price was reasonable for business travel. Would not have been happy with the value had I paid for it myself.

Green Features: Green option was interesting. I was expecting not to see housekeeping, yet still did.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed here on the 16th Floor, the room was excellent very clean everything you needed, the view from the window which was glass to be floor was amazing we overlooked the Mississippi. Bit disappointed that they are petty enough to charge you for Wifi or should I say rip you off at an ridiculous price, it's free in the lobby but it's so cold down there you would not want to stay very long. The breakfast was also a little expensive so our second morning we went across the road to Daisy Mae which was excellent and a fraction of the price. Overall I would certainly recommend this hotel even though somebody walked off with my hat when I left it in the lobby area but can't blame the hotel for that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room the higher the better, views are amazing
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed in New Orleans for a long weekend with my husband and another couple. Room was well priced, clean, comfortable and located within walking distance of everything you'll want to see (Jackson square, French Market, French Quarter, Bourbon Street). Great workout room, pool was small but nice. And despite it being very busy and in the middle of a busy part of New Orleans it was a quiet and calm place to retire too after exploring the city all day. Definitely recommend!

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Monette, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I got a great deal on this hotel on Hotwire. It was perfect for us. Right on the streetcar line and on the edge of the French Quarter but not in the middle of the craziness. The rooms weren't anything special, but that wasn't a priority for us anyway. We found the lobby to be very nice and have a relaxing atmosphere, and I liked the fact that on the busy weekend they asked to see your room key before letting you on the elevators.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Loughborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We were on the 18th floor and when we opened the door to our room the view totally blew me away- it was incredible!! I was looking over the muddy Mississippi! I was speechless- something unknown by my husband of 37 years! Our room was very clean and spacious and the beds really comfortable. A couple of niggles-the charge for WiFi- quite expensive,especially as it had been free in our previous hotel in Memphis and the air con in the foyer was way too cold- if we had to wait there we needed a cardigan! We never ate in the hotel so cannot comment. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This was the host hotel for a conference I attended. The conference spaces were nice, staff was friendly. The room was modern, bed was comfortable. WIFI was covered as part of my conference. Some people had issues with the way the hotel elevators worked, but I didn't have any issues with them at all.

I did have issues with the quality of the tv image, it would cut out. Staff however issued a credit when they couldn't resolve it. I found the hotel staff to be very helpful and friendly.

Green Features: You can opt to skip maid service. If you do skip it, they give you a $5 voucher to be used in the hotel, or you turn it in at the end of your stay for reward points.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!