“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #79 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Sheraton New Orleans is a wonderful hotel. The check in was easy. I asked to check in a bit earlier and they had no problem and the same with check out. I asked to check at later and no problem. I recommended to sign up for SPG Rewards. The room was excellent and the view from the window was to die for. The location of the hotel is great. It's right in the French Quarter. Walking distance to everywhere. Bourbon street is 2 blocks away. Whenever I will come back to New Orleans this is the only hotel I will stay out.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We have stayed at several hotels in the French Quarter, but this was by far the best. It was clean, the location was great and the elevators were just really cool (you"ll see). It was super busy due to Spring Break and you barely even noticed.

Room Tip: We had a high floor with a river view. I would suggest a high room.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Witham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We visited during the Mardi Gras and were very impressed at the ideal location of this hotel. Also, despite this being the busiest time of the year the staff were always helpful and the hotel was always clean and wecoming. It was very busy during check in due to the high number of arrivals but things were well organised.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location was great (right next to the French Quarter) and the hotel itself was nice. You can tell they just completed a renovation.

I gave it only 3 stars for one main reason. Of the 4 times I used the shower I only had hot water 2 of the times. The other 2 the water was barely luke warm. Regardless of how well I sleep waking up to a cold shower is not a pleasant experience. The fact that it happened 2 separate days makes me inclined to believe it is something structural at the hotel.

The other two cons to the hotel are $45/day for parking (probably consistent for the area) and a toilet seat for an entirely different sized toilet that what was actually in the room.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I thought our stay at the Sheraton was going to be ruined because of some complications with our registration. However, Denina, an SPG hostess, stayed with unraveling the issue over several days, keeping me posted via regular email communications, and finally got everything resolved to my perfect satisfaction. Upon arrival our SPG club room was waiting and served us well. Very nicely appointed. And the club lounge was excellent and continued Denina's outstanding accommodations. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I was in town for 3 day conference. The hotel was excellent. The room are clean and they give you a bottle of water each day. The elevator is unique. You enter your floor number before you get in and it directs you to one of the six elevators. It then takes you to your floor. The location is perfect if you are her fro vacation. A few minutes from the french quarter.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi sonic8899,

Thank you for taking time to share your five-star review. We value your feedback and are so pleased to hear of your wonderful experience. We hope to welcome you back with us the next time you're in the Big Easy!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Great hotel, great location....BUT....not a good check in experience....when I arrived at the room assigned to me, I was horrified to find someone in bed in the room they gave me. Ran out of the room to the elevator to avoid an embarrassing situation or confrontation. Although the front desk apologized, they could not give me a valid reason as to why I was assigned an occupied room.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Hi Steven B,

We truly value you as our guest and thank you for your feedback. Please allow us to sincerely apologize for your check-in experience. We will use this as a coaching opportunity for our team. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and can be reached at 504-595-6232. We hope to connect with you soon.

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!