“Outstanding Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #80 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
“Outstanding Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

I thought our stay at the Sheraton was going to be ruined because of some complications with our registration. However, Denina, an SPG hostess, stayed with unraveling the issue over several days, keeping me posted via regular email communications, and finally got everything resolved to my perfect satisfaction. Upon arrival our SPG club room was waiting and served us well. Very nicely appointed. And the club lounge was excellent and continued Denina's outstanding accommodations. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (358)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was in town for 3 day conference. The hotel was excellent. The room are clean and they give you a bottle of water each day. The elevator is unique. You enter your floor number before you get in and it directs you to one of the six elevators. It then takes you to your floor. The location is perfect if you are her fro vacation. A few minutes from the french quarter.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great hotel, great location....BUT....not a good check in experience....when I arrived at the room assigned to me, I was horrified to find someone in bed in the room they gave me. Ran out of the room to the elevator to avoid an embarrassing situation or confrontation. Although the front desk apologized, they could not give me a valid reason as to why I was assigned an occupied room.

Room Tip: High floors have great views
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, yesterday
Hi Steven B,

We truly value you as our guest and thank you for your feedback. Please allow us to sincerely apologize for your check-in experience. We will use this as a coaching opportunity for our team. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly and can be reached at 504-595-6232. We hope to connect with you soon.
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I had the pleasure to stay with the Sheraton Downtown in Nola this past week for a collegiate marketing conference. The location is perfect, just a five minute walk to Bourbon Street and a mile walk to the French Quarter. The staff was courteous and timely and was able to accommodate such a large group with attentiveness and great service. My only complaint is that the wifi cost $15.00 daily. It was difficult to be on a business trip without provided wifi for the attendees.

Room Tip: Club room for business travelers
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Halie E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star review. We value your feedback and are always happy to welcome your collegiate marketing conference. We're so happy you enjoyed the overall location of our hotel and we hope to welcome you back with us in 2016!
Carrollton, Tx.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Spent 3 nights here in March 2015. I have nothing but positive things to say about our experience here. The location is perfect, right on Canal Street, super close to the French Quarter and the Riverfront. We stayed on the Club level and had excellent maid service. Our room faced the river on the 42 floor. Nice sitting area on this floor where the included continental style breakfast is served that comes with the Club Level rooms. Also enjoyed popping in each night to grab a cookie on the way back to the room. Front reception and concierge was very pleasant and accommodating to any of our questions. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: River view is possible!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Hi bluebonnet62,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5-star review. We're so happy you were able to upgrade to the upside and experience our hotel at the Sheraton Club level. Thank you for sharing photos of the river view - some of the best views int he city! we truly value your feedback and hope to welcome you back with us the next time you're in the Big Easy!
Ellicottville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was in New Orleans on business and this was our choice because of location and close proximity to Convention Center, Mercedes Dome and WWII Museum. The ease of check in and friendly staff was a plus right from the get go. The room I had on the 24th floor gave me a great view of the Mississippi River and the waterfront. We checked in on St Pattys' Day and the place was busy and bustling throughout the entire hotel. The lobby bar was a fun spot after a long workday and the staff was friendly and efficient. I am a SPG member and the amenity could have been a better selection but the room and service made up for it. I had a king bed and it was one of the best. Nothing negative in my stay, I would recommend this hotel and I will use it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed there four nights. Front desk greeting staff top notch and friendly. I had a room change halfway though stay and I left a new pair of shoes (worn once) in old room after transfer and by the time I realized, they were gone. Room was locked so only staff had access to vacant room. Security didn't help, nothing left in lost and found, and despite assurances hotel has not called to give status. Kept on hold for over 10 minutes when I called to follow up and still nothing. Someone has my new pair of shoes there thanks to me and their sticky fingers. Left with a very bad impression even though arriving front desk staff was so friendly.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Hi keithki,

Thank you for your feedback and we do apologize for your experience. Our Director of Security will be reaching out to connect regarding your missing belongings. We value you as our guest and hope to get this matter quickly resolved. We hope to connect with you soon.

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!