“noisy doors” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Exclusive
Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Manhattan Beach
“noisy doors”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is a nice hotel with nice rooms however I gave a low rating because of the noisy doors. Some hotels have doors that close more quitely than others and this hotel they are loud and frequent in the daytime when maids are cleaning. The night was ok. Room 3425

Room Tip: has wifi not sure if free for everyone. free for me by putting in my room and name
Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Had to make a quick business trip to New Orleans and this was one of the few Starwood hotels that had availability & I was willing to stay at (the former W hotel on Poydras is a nightmare, still owned by Starwood, but embarrassed by how terrible it is so they took the W off of it).

One thing is that for how far off the French Quarter they are, they have a ridiculously priced valet price (over $45/night). Other option was self parking, which they did not give me a specific lot I should go to. I was so tired, I did not feel like foraging for a parking lot that was safe.

The lobby is very lively and open with a nice sized bar with lots of activity.

The room (I got the smallest one they had because prices were higher that night in New Orleans) was very nice and had a great view. Everything was in pretty good repair. The only issue I had was a leaky faucet, which was fixed shortly after I called. The bed was very comfy and I had a great night's sleep.

The staff was courteous and efficient.

The valet was quick to get my car for me upon leaving.

This was my first time staying here despite waling by it dozens of time, but I will definitely come back.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Eric B,

We value your detailed feedback and thank you for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans Hotel experience.While we are competitively priced with other hotels in the downtown area, we do understand your concern for parking pricing. We do apologize for the maintenance issues upon entry to your room, but are happy our engineering team was able to assist you. Again, thank you for being our valued guest and we hope to welcome you back with us the next time you're in the Big Easy!
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staying at a business hotel when a large conference is in town is always going to test its ability to hit its pre-billed star rating. Arriving late in the evening, I checked in and having traveled to the 34th floor my room key didn't work. I traveled back up and again it failed. Unimpressed, I went back down to the reception, a sympathetic manager gave me another room and offered me a $50 credit on my bill. Welcome yet completely unexpected generosity. A excellent start. The in-room services, bed etc. were as billed on their website but unfortunately, the cleanliness let it down. Dust all over the room, hair on the bathroom floor, finger prints on the bathroom mirrors and small, threadbare towels. A note on the pillow also said that my bed linen would be changed after three nights but alas, after five, they remained the same. So in conclusion, they tried their best to meet their star-rating expectations but really feel short. Having said that, a great location for my conference made up for some of this.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have a nice view but ask to be away from the lift shaft as the express lifts to the hig...
Green Features: Happy to only have my bed linen changed once every three nights as they mention, but it needs to happen...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Dear NAF_11,

We truly value your feedback and thank you for leaving such a detailed review. While we thank you for choosing our hotel to suit your business needs, we are extremely apologetic for your room key malfunction as well as the cleanliness upon entry to your room.Clean is clean and anything less than is not the Sheraton brand standard. We will use this as a coaching opportunity for our team and hope that we can welcome you back with us for future stays.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Great location, great room, great service, great bar! Hopefully everyone knows I really enjoyed my stay. The elevators were great, never had to wait and we were on one of the top floors. Also they arranged our tours in house, no hassles. I wanted to stay in one of the small boutique hotels but my wife over ruled me and now I'm happy I saved money and had one of my best stays anywhere we have been.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Ron T,

We're happy you and your wife were able to share such a positive experience with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you both back the next time you're in the Big Easy!
Plymouth, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I could walk to Bourbon Street and wander all the side streets with ease. The food served in all 3 restaurants of this hotel was outstanding. My room was quiet, comfortable and the staff competent and customer service oriented.

Room Tip: Opt for a room higher up
Green Features: I like the fact that options are available to earn either points or items when choosing to be more green.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi Kelly B,

We're so happy we had the pleasure of hosting you earlier this year. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're so glad you enjoyed your dining experience across the board. We've added some new menu items so you're definitely due back for another stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon!
Waunakee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

You might think a big chain hotel on the main drag (Canal Street) would be noisy and have no charm. It's quiet and the comforts of a modern hotel suit us better than the quaint, sometimes cramped quarters of older places. Give me free WIFI! And we loved the swift system where you enter the floor desired and directed to a specific elevator. Kudos to the concierge staff who helped with restaurant reservations and got us to the Audubon Zoo on the bus, which was a fun outing. The central location helps one to make the most of a short visit. We got a good rate through the ASTM, as we were in New Orleans for their meetings.

Room Tip: Upper floor - fast elevators and great views.
Green Features: As usual, they say you can indicate that they not change the sheets every day, and that you will re-use the towels, but the service staff do not follow those requests.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Harriet S,

Thank you for staying with us while attending the ASTM conference! We value your feedback and thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope to welcome you back soon the next time you journey to the Big Easy!

We'll see you soon!
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Beautiful hotel in the heart of the buzzing french quarter,lovely spacious rooms,we got an upgrade to a penthouse suite as there was a very loud bachelor party in a room next door,the rooms are serviced daily and beds very comfortable,the hotel lobby is massive,biggest ive ever seen with a circular bar,staff are great,loved staying here,so close to everything.

Green Features: Personally i like to have clean towels and fresh sheets every day,after all hotels arent cheap,i van be enviromentally minded in another area!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Lisa O,

Thank you for visiting us all the way from New Zealand! We're so happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to welcome you back the next time you journey to Nola!

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!