“Great Hotel Close to the Quarter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #70 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great Hotel Close to the Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you are looking to be close to French Quarter attractions and nightlife, you can't do much better than this. The Sheraton sits right on Canal Street, and features fifty something floors of Downtown New Orleans Views. Staff was courteous, and concierge was helpful in recommending late-night eateries. Valets were prompt and cordial.
Rooms were nice, average décor, but the views are really great. Definitely recommend taking an upper floor. The only thing was a little surprising was the charge for parking. I'm sure that this is not out of line for any downtown area, but wasn't informed of (or maybe didn't notice) the 42.00 per day fee to use the Sheraton's garage on the website when making the reservation. While there are other parking options available, they seemed much less secure and involved walking several blocks.
Overall, had a great stay at this hotel and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Top floors, all the way!
Green Features: Sheraton has a green program where you receive a $5 credit for skipping daily room service.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a good hotel in the heart of New Orleans. Located just on Canal St you can walk three blocks to Bourbon St or you can go the other direction to the river district and the casino. The hotel is approximately 50 floors with great views of the river and the City.
Rooms are average to above average, a little on the old side but still nice and the beds a comfortable. The ventilation in the rooms is not good, it seemed like there was no fresh air coming in or out.
There is a StarBucks in the hotel but for a hotel this large it's not sized appropriately. They do have a bar but on the pricy side. I would likely stay here again if I returned to New Orleans.

Room Tip: If you get a higher room you may not hear the street noise as much
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi Justin P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel! We value your experience and look forward to welcoming you the next time you're in the Big Easy!
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

But needs attention to detail. One of the key cards didn't work and after activation, the other card was cancelled out. The staff on the front desk needed tips on customer service. Hotel rooms very spacious with lovely views over the river.

Take advantage of the green initiative, save $5 if you decide not to have sheets and towels changed daily.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Hi Von_Smiles,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share feedback regarding your stay here at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel. We're happy you were pleased with the location of the hotel and even opted in to our Make A Green Choice Program. Your attention to detail concerns have been noted and will be forwarded on to management. Again, we truly value your review and hope to welcome you again soon the next time you're in New Orleans!
atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

Was able to check in early here after arriving before noon. The rooms are nice and I love that the drink machines take credit cards ( and they are in working order). The restaurant was good, as well. The elevator system is also excellent for such a large hotel---important when you stay on a high floor - the system tells you which car to get in after you key in which floor you are going to. Works well. The hotel is well located and it's easy to walk the the convention center, the French Qtr or CBD.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi dwaNtheATL,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans Hotel experience! We are so glad you enjoyed the dining in Roux Bistro and were able to take advantage of our newly installed credit card stations on our drink machines. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay and invite you back with us every time you're in the Big Easy. We hope to connect with you again soon!
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Last week as part of a tour group I stayed at this hotel.
I was given the key to room 1201 by my tour guide and checked into the room and left my hand luggage in the room and headed off down town.
When I came back to the hotel at 8pm a porter was walking around the 12th floor with one of my hand luggage items!
He told me I had been allocated the wrong room.
Both of my bags had been removed from the room by the hotel staff while I was out!!
They gave the room to someone else!!
One of my bags with clothes and gifts in HAD BEEN DROPPED IN THE WATER ON THE PAVEMENT BY THE SECURITY STAFF!! Ruined some gifts I had bought!
They had taken my items out of the actual hotel!
They had entered my allocated room and removed my luggage!
This hotel gave 2 sets of people the same room---the thing is the other people could not get in to my room with their key and yet the staff went ahead and removed my stuff and let them in.
They stuffed up very badly.They tried to blame it on the tour director-----nothing to do with her!
I have never had anything like this and I have stayed in many hotels all over the world

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hello there Novena B, My please accept my personal apology for the issues you experienced during your stay. I am hoping that you we might be able to speak about the issue in more detail. If you have an opportunity I can be reached at 504-695-6232. Once again we are sorry for your experience during your stay.

Warmly,
Daniel A.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This was the host hotel for a firefighter's conference this week. I have no complaints at all, service was exceptional from the beginning to end of my trip.

Take advantage of the "green program" and if you forgo the daily maid service, you get a $5 voucher usable in the hotel. I used mine at the Starbucks downstairs. I only needed extra shampoo and towels from the maid, which she gladly gave me early in the trip.

The fitness center has plenty of options, and up to date equipment for both weights and cardio.

Walking distance to the French Quarter, Riverfront Area, etc. You will need a taxi if you go the Superdome.

Great stay. Great conference.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Hi f220,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans experience. We truly value your feedback and appreciate you for opting into our Make A Green Choice program. Just one night of skipping housekeeping services saves over 37 gallons of water! And the $5 voucher doesn't hurt either. Again, thank you and we invite you back with us every time you're in the Big Easy!
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Wonderful location on the edge of the French Quarter, minutes from Royal Street, Bourbon Street, and the water front. The French market is also only a 20 minute walk away. Trams on your door step for only $3 a day. The room was large and well equipped but no fridge. Also Wi-Fi was only available in the lobby unless you paid extra. Staff friendly and helpful. Can’t comment on the food as we ate out every night and morning. Don’t think anybody would be disappointed if they stayed there.

Room Tip: High floor with view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Graham L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans experience. We're so pleased you enjoyed our location and our guest rooms. While refrigerators are not in the guestrooms upon entry, we can always gladly add one upon your request. Again, we truly value your feedback and hope to welcome you back every time you're in the Big Easy!

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!