“Overall great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #69 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Chicago
“Overall great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is very nice. The lobby area was very well appointed and the bar and restaurant was nice. The gym area was very nice and pretty big for a hotel. The check in process was very slow. The lady was just very thourough and explained the ins and outs of the hotels, and that was actually pretty nice. HOWEVER, she told me at check in all about the "green" hotel and i told her ok I could go 2 days with no maid and she said then I would get a $5 credit to use in the hotel each day and the maid wouldnt come, but if I needed any towels or anything at all to contact them. Cut to 8am the next day when the maid was pounding on the door to clean the room. I explained what the lady had told me and she appologized and gave me towels. Then, the very next day she was poudning on my door again after I had told her the day before I didnt need her and she said she would mark that down. I dont get why they wasted the time at check in to go over the process when they not only never gave me my $5 a day coupon NOR stopped the maid from waking me up each day.
The beds were amazing! the pillows were soft and great. My view was really good looking at the quarter and down Canal. The staff was all very friendly. Also, I liked that they checked room keys after 10pm. Its a nice safety precaution. Great location too!! over all i loved the hotel except for the fact I never got my discount for going green like they said I would. But, i highly recommend the hotel!

Green Features: it didnt work. i signed up to have the maid skip our room for 2 days but she still came and I sent her away but I didnnt get the discounts for doing so
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
Celebration
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is in a great location for business purposes. We did not have a car but did not need one. We ended up walking everywhere - to the quarter, Frenchman street, taking the street cars to the garden district/Loyola/Tulane/Audubon, etc.

Pros: Audrey in housekeeping was simply amazing, I really wanted to bring her home as my best friend. The front desk process was quick and efficient - we arrived prior to noon but were able to go directly to our room. The beds - true to all the Sheratons I've been to - are extremely comfy with white linens that are double-sheeted and without a nasty comforter or duvet. The elevator system is quite innovative and worth mentioning as it is very efficient and cuts down on unnecessary lost / drunk people.

Cons: I would have preferred a true hotel concierge, but the Grey Line desk did have some friendly staff that helped us fill our stay with interesting things to do. The room we were assigned was directly adjacent to the elevator which proved to be a bit noisy. The conference room layout was a little confusing. Be sure to plan out where your rooms are prior to walking around looking for them!

Room Tip: Request away from the elevators on an upper floor.
Green Features: The green choice program is great if you are not traveling with kids. Helps earn bonus points faster.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dunwoody, Georgia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to the French Quarter. My wife and I took a taxi from the airport to the hotel, which is much cheaper than parking a car there. Avoid renting and parking there. You can walk around easily.

Check in was fairly quick even though there were a lot of people there. The elevators are unique in that you type in the floor you want to go to on the keypad outside the elevator and the display tells you which elevator to get on. That way, there is no need to hit buttons for your floor when you get on. In the evening there is some security to get to the elevators so that only guests can get to them.

The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant if you don't feel like venturing over to the French Quarter. My wife and I felt safe walking around the area of the hotel.

Internet speed is good but it is an extra charge.

My only complaint is the loud noise from the room doors when they close. Since this is New Orleans there are people leaving and arriving at all hours of the night. If you are trying to sleep on the weekend, good luck. You'll be jarred awake from a slamming door several times during the night. The problem is that the doors automatically close and they slam and latch very hard. I tried to close our door quietly but when the latch engages it is very loud and reverberates down the hall. It's hard to be quiet even when you're trying to be!

I would say this is a good hotel to consider during the week when there may be less party people and more business travelers.

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

First I want to say "Thank You" to Pam who handled cleaning services on my floor (I think I was on the 41st or 43rd fl-this is why you do reviews right after the trip). She was the best!!!!

The Sheraton has been renovated and my room was wonderful-floor to ceiling window gave spectacular views of N.O. Their elevator system is wonderful-should be adopted by all hotels and residential buildings.
From the moment we stepped into the hotel, all staff greeted us warmly and I even got a few vouchers to use either at Starbucks or the restaurant in the hotel lobby. The atmosphere was beautiful and inviting- even the night security posted by the elevator had a wonderful sense of humor.
The location is perfect in relation to Bourbon St-not far to enjoy the restaurants and "goings on on Bourbon". I stayed at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon St for previous Essence Music Festivals-and although the Sonesta is a wonderful hotel-and everyone should stay on Bourbon St at least once while attending Essence Music Festival-I'll definitely stay at the Sheraton again. We had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi BrooklynLady23,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your stay with us over Essence! We truly value Ms. Pam and the rest of our housekeeping team. Truly the forces who keep our hotel in motion. We look forward to welcoming you again for Essence 2015!
Killarney, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Super fantastic stay for a week in New Orleans! Staff went above and beyond to be sure everything was fantastic! Since my yoga conference began at 7 am, my high protein with fresh berries and yogurt breakfast in a TOGO filled the gap! For those on floors 42 and up, they provide hot breakfast and supper buffets, as well as snacks, open 24 hours. Staff there are super! Mika, Robert, Blaine, and all the rest of the staff went above the call of duty to please. Pralines... out of this world. Shrimp Creole was the best! My suite was on the 47th floor overlooking the Mississippi and was top notch. I took the street car to engage in the walking tour of the Garden District, which was most enjoyable. Commander's Palace was a most enjoyable dining spot along the way. Close by is the above ground cemetery, Still Perkin' coffee shop, and Judy's for gifts and souvenirs that are out of this world. Next door Kim's hair salon is highly recommended for those who want a change up. Judy's is most obliging. I would recommend driving through Bourbon St. or walking in a group to stay safe at night. Great food, wonderful friendly people, and super sights!

Room Tip: Corner suites overlooking the Mississippi are worth the extra, though all higher floors have an exce...
Green Features: Make a green choice and receive a voucher for $5 or extra points on your SPG account.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Hi HealthNaturally,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans experience! We are overjoyed that you you had such an amazing stay here with us. Mika, Robert, and Blaine are truly the reasons why our Sheraton Club experience is so enjoyable. Glad you were able to explore some local attractions and we look forward to welcoming you again the next time you're in the Big Easy!
Melbourne, VIC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Pros:
- Really nice & spacious bedroom
- Conveniently located to the French Quarter and it is in the safe part of Canal Street.

Cons:
- When we checked in, they assigned us the wrong room number. After receiving the key, we tried to get into the room and to our horror there was still a guest in it.
- I can hear footsteps. The guest above us must have been checking out, so we heard footstep for a good hour, followed by the luggage rolling away.
- No free internet in the room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Teresa, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel and great location just a block from Bourbon Street, Mississippi river, casino, etc!! Great staff at check in as well as the tour desk. Rooms were well appointed and nice looking!! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for river view. canal street view is ok but me personally i love water views.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!