“Wonderful Stay & Service During Essence Music Festival 2014” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #70 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
“Wonderful Stay & Service During Essence Music Festival 2014”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

First I want to say "Thank You" to Pam who handled cleaning services on my floor (I think I was on the 41st or 43rd fl-this is why you do reviews right after the trip). She was the best!!!!

The Sheraton has been renovated and my room was wonderful-floor to ceiling window gave spectacular views of N.O. Their elevator system is wonderful-should be adopted by all hotels and residential buildings.
From the moment we stepped into the hotel, all staff greeted us warmly and I even got a few vouchers to use either at Starbucks or the restaurant in the hotel lobby. The atmosphere was beautiful and inviting- even the night security posted by the elevator had a wonderful sense of humor.
The location is perfect in relation to Bourbon St-not far to enjoy the restaurants and "goings on on Bourbon". I stayed at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon St for previous Essence Music Festivals-and although the Sonesta is a wonderful hotel-and everyone should stay on Bourbon St at least once while attending Essence Music Festival-I'll definitely stay at the Sheraton again. We had a wonderful time!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Killarney, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Super fantastic stay for a week in New Orleans! Staff went above and beyond to be sure everything was fantastic! Since my yoga conference began at 7 am, my high protein with fresh berries and yogurt breakfast in a TOGO filled the gap! For those on floors 42 and up, they provide hot breakfast and supper buffets, as well as snacks, open 24 hours. Staff there are super! Mika, Robert, Blaine, and all the rest of the staff went above the call of duty to please. Pralines... out of this world. Shrimp Creole was the best! My suite was on the 47th floor overlooking the Mississippi and was top notch. I took the street car to engage in the walking tour of the Garden District, which was most enjoyable. Commander's Palace was a most enjoyable dining spot along the way. Close by is the above ground cemetery, Still Perkin' coffee shop, and Judy's for gifts and souvenirs that are out of this world. Next door Kim's hair salon is highly recommended for those who want a change up. Judy's is most obliging. I would recommend driving through Bourbon St. or walking in a group to stay safe at night. Great food, wonderful friendly people, and super sights!

Room Tip: Corner suites overlooking the Mississippi are worth the extra, though all higher floors have an exce...
Green Features: Make a green choice and receive a voucher for $5 or extra points on your SPG account.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, VIC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Pros:
- Really nice & spacious bedroom
- Conveniently located to the French Quarter and it is in the safe part of Canal Street.

Cons:
- When we checked in, they assigned us the wrong room number. After receiving the key, we tried to get into the room and to our horror there was still a guest in it.
- I can hear footsteps. The guest above us must have been checking out, so we heard footstep for a good hour, followed by the luggage rolling away.
- No free internet in the room

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Teresa, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Beautiful hotel and great location just a block from Bourbon Street, Mississippi river, casino, etc!! Great staff at check in as well as the tour desk. Rooms were well appointed and nice looking!! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for river view. canal street view is ok but me personally i love water views.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Location is ideal for business or sight seeing. Staff is friendly. my room wa son 29th floor and quiet. Several eateries within walking distance. Valet parking was expensive but all hotels in that area charge the same rate.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thibodaux, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our recent stay at the Sheraton Hotel&Resorts in New Orleans was excellent. The staff is very friendly and engaging to your needs. The location is wonderful, you can walk from the hotel to several great sights to see such as the River walk , Aquarium of the Americas, Harris casino and the Mercedes Benz Superdome is right around the corner. Will definitely stay again as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the River if possible the staff will grant this request if asked.
Green Features: They have recycle containers in the room. Which I thought was great.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Hi 384 Matt,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your Sheraton New Orleans Hotel experience with us. We truly value your feedback and are so happy to hear that your stay was "excellent"! We take pride in our location and are so happy you were able to visit our local attractions. We welcome you back with us every time you're in the Big Easy!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

For the most part this was a rather enjoyable experience. If you're an SPG member, not a bad place to park for a night. During my stay, I was given a complementary upgrade to a suite. In the past, when I've stayed, although not upgraded, certainly well received by the platinum member guest services. Unlike most hotels that I stay in, I would recommend this facility for vacation, assuming I was traveling with my wife and not my children.

It's a little too close to the Bourbon Street action for my young offspring. If you're looking for a French Quarter area hotel, this one will more than meet your needs.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!