“My go to chain hotel in NOLA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #73 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Austin, Texas
“My go to chain hotel in NOLA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is my go to chain hotel when I visit NOLA. I am a Starwood Platinum member so I try to stay at Starwood properties.
The service here is good to very good. I say this because it is quite a large hotel and stuff happens in big hotels. With this being said even when stuff happens this hotel steps up to make sure they rectify it to the best of their ability.
The Executive Lounge is one of the best I have seen in a Sheraton in the USA! At night they always have an entree available... usually some local dish. This is great!
The room is above average for a Sheraton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

590 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is fine, but you can't earn more than three stars if you're still charging your guests $15/day for Internet access. I think it's a better long-term policy to keep your guests happy instead of gouging them. Charging for Wi-Fi at this point is like charging for shampoo -- it should be a basic that's included with the room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Farmingdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is ideally located within a mile radius of the best sites to see in New Orleans. The aquarium, Royal & Bourbon Street, French Quarters, Cafe Du Monde, Mother's Restaurant, the cruise port and more were within a few minutes walking distance. We had a club room on the top floor (49th floor) & the views were spectacular (pics to follow). The entire exterior wall was floor to ceiling windows with wooden shades (regular rooms have one window panel). The views were completely worth the stay alone. The thunderstorms were more enjoyable from that height too. The room had amazingly comfortable mattresses & bedding. No problems sleeping. Plenty of counter space in bathroom (again regular rooms have a smaller bathroom with less counter space.) the entire hotel is well air conditioned. Tour desk booked all of our tours, it was effortless & quick. When it rained, they had large golf umbrellas to borrow. The club lounge food was so good, we hardly had dinner out! The appetizers were filling and varied each night. The free drinks & coffee all day was great when you needed a little refreshment, breakfast was satisfying too! We paid less than $200 a night & I would have paid more to stay there!! If you can swing a few extra dollars, GET THE CLUB ROOM! If I stayed with my friends on the 21st floor who stayed in a regular room, I'd rate the hotel a 3, the club room makes all the difference! Starbucks in the lobby!! Great gym! Free wifi (again, regular room you had to pay for it)! Con- Reallyyyyy small pool... That's my only complaint!!

Room Tip: Your only choice should be a club room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We went on vacation and decided to stay at the Sheraton. It was in a great location where you can walk to the French Quarters, Bourbon Street, explore the museums, and go shopping. However, when we checked into our room it was not ready and so they gave us credit at the bar to have a drink-yay! Once we got into our room we unpacked and got ready to explore. When we closed the door the peephole came flying out! We went downstairs and asked if they could either fix the room or change us because you could see EVERYTHING inside without the peephole. They decided to move us and we got a better room and a $50 credit. At this point we were disappointed, but understand that things like this happen.

The room they changed us to was perfect up until we realized that you have to close it a specific way otherwise it does not lock. We came back and noticed our door was closed, but we didn't have to use our key because it was unlocked. We checked everything and noticed that everything "seemed" to be where it was suppose to be. Upon checkout which was three days later we began packing and I noticed that my iPad was missing. After all the moving around in the rooms and the incident with the door we cannot know for sure what happened. All I know is that I am out one iPad that I had before I left. My fiance's iPad was there, mine was not. We asked staff to look for it in the other room and we asked in the lost and found but nothing. I left my number with them to see if they had found it and they have yet to follow up. I loved New Orleans, but would not return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to have less view obstruction.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great food, comfortable rooms, great views, and amenities. The food was imaginative and perfectly prepared for breakfast, lunch and dinner over my 4 day convention. The fitness center was well appointed and maintained. Walking distance to the French Quarter-a welcomed site after a long night of experiencing the spirit of Bourbon Street.

Room Tip: The higher the floor , the better the view
Green Features: Can opt for Make a Green Choice with no daily service and receive $5 voucher. Used at their Starbucks location daily!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ft. Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Part-way through my week long stay, the Hotel lost power to my room and elevators. Personnel were wonderful, but my stay was ruined. So it's tough to give a true review for this one time problem. Let's just say it was an "adventure".

Room Tip: Get a tower river view
Green Features: seems OK. Wasn't thinking about environment when I was trapped on the 44th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brittany D, Social Media Specialist at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear BobinFL,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am so sorry to hear of your elevator experience and power outage. I understand it was a major inconvenience and truly apologize that your trip was ruined. I am happy to hear that our team was very helpful during this one-time incident and I truly hope that you will consider Sheraton New Orleans Hotel the next time you're in the Big Easy.
Richland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Sheraton for a large convention at the end of June. My stay was for a week. This hotel has a great location, right on Canal at Decatur, on the edge of the French Quarter, within walking distance to everything. The hotel lobby is huge, very nice lounge in the center with good cocktails and great food. A great place to meet in the mid afternoon for refreshments. It was brutally hot and humid during our stay and the hotel, including our room was a very nice temperature. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. For in the bistro was very good. Had breakfast there most mornings. The shrimp and grits, delicious!!
Only things I would have wished for were larger windows in the room to take in the views and a larger pool. Pool was very small and crowded. Overall, a nice hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 44th floor, river side, great views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Sandi W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your travel experience with us! We look forward to welcoming you every time you're in New Orleans.

See you soon!

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!