“It was overpriced for Essence fest” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #68 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“It was overpriced for Essence fest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The check in process was easy. The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. In my hotels.com order, I requested the deluxe room. When I checked in, I requested a room with two double beds and we stayed in room 2408 which is a handicapped room. I was told of all the caveats of being in a handicapped room (lower sink, lower toilet, etc). However, this room was tiny. I am not sure how a wheelchair would be expected to maneuver through what little space was not taken up by the furniture. For $429 per night, this was a box of a room and a rip off.

The hotel, however, is in a great location with easy access to the Superdome (about a 20 min walk), French Quarter, Riverwalk and Convention Center.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

572 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We could see the fireworks from the lobby. Hotel is in the middle of everything. A short walk to the French Quarter, and the Convention Center. The lobby bar is a great place to met up with friend. Check in was easy, better elevator system ever, nice place to stay

• Stayed July 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel had recently completed a 44 million dollar improvement in the fall of 2013. The property was clean, the rooms reconditioned and we were very happy with the property. Its location is just accross from the french quarter. We would stay there again for the right price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

From the front desk agents, to the bellmen and housekeeping, everyone was overly accommodating and nice. Our room was impeccable. Near everything but not too close so you're away from the noise and partying.

Room Tip: The higher the better!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Joshua, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I will not deal with Priceline ever again. They are very vague on the prices. I made the reservation using their feature where the hotel is picked using the parameters I set. It is non-refundable and unchangeable. Decent price, I thought. $112/nt. turned out to not be the whole story! The Priceline description says "Valet parking is available for an additional fee." That says to me that it is OPTIONAL! Not so, $42.56/nt parking fee so $112 was really 154.56/nt. plus tax. They have no other parking option! Priceline made sure they covered themselves, though! When I called about this I was told that I agreed to this as stated in the in the bullet point as follows: "incidental charges (phone calls, room service, parking, resort fees, energy charges, etc.) that you may incur while staying at the hotel." I can control charges I incur for room service, mini bar, phone calls, etc. but not this or “resort fees”! There is no way to NOT incur the parking fee. Any charge that is mandatory to stay at a hotel should be a part of the Priceline price. The hotel never told us there was a fee for this either, so we made sure we tipped generously each time our car was used. By stating that the hotel has valet parking AVAILABLE, it implies that there is another option! I don't like being duped and I definitely feel like that is what Priceline has done. A similar situation happened with a flight that I booked with them and I gave them a second chance, but never again!
The hotel itself was alright. Scary area after dark, but that is probably just New Orleans in general. There was a noisy party going on down the hall, but we didn't complain so I can't hold the hotel responsible for that. The room was nice, but I had to look under the bed for a shoe and, WOW, was it gross under there. Out of sight, I guess! They're generous with Starbucks in the room and more on request. We really appreciated that our dog was allowed to stay without a fee! Thanks, Sheraton! Overall, I would say I would stay at this hotel again if I went back to NOLA, now that I know upfront what the charges really are! The devil really is in the details!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for our first trip to New Orleans. Our room was on the 46th floor, so we were able to enjoy the benefits of a club floor.

Lakeisha and Kate greeted us warmly every morning for breakfast in the club room. They were both extremely helpful with their vast knowledge about the area.

Breakfast and evening snacks in the club room were fabulous! So convenient and always lots to choose from.

The elevators were such a nice surprise. They were quick and efficient.

The room was great, bed was super comfortable.

Well done, Sheraton Hotel New Orleans!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

By far the best thing about this hotel is the location! All of the "must see" New Orleans tourist spots are within walking distance. Nice rooms, and nice staff. But...parking rates are ridiculous (yes I know you have to pay $$$ in any large downtown hotel, but still) No place to grab a quick snack in the hotel at night (Starbucks closes at 6pm) and no free room internet (come on Sheraton time give your guests at least that perk). Would stay here again though just because of where it is!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!