“Happy Mardi Gras” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

Save Saved
You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #78 of 152 hotels in New Orleans
Sydney, Australia
“Happy Mardi Gras”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Sheraton New Orleans over Mardi Gras and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of our room at check in.

We stayed in the Traditional Room, the beds were like sleeping on pillows and the room was quite large not like your usual cramped hotel room.We even had the added bonus of a room with a view so we could see the parades below at Canal Street.

They had added security measures for Mardi Gras which made two Aussie girls travelling feel very safe.

The hotel was close to food and within walking distance to the French Quarter. The tour desk staff were helpful.

The only negative was that the roads surrounding get closed off for the parades so you can end up waiting quite some time to get back to the hotel if a parade is on. On the day we arrived we had to stand on a corner with our luggage waiting for a parade to finish because our transfer couldn't get us close enough.

Next time I visit Nola I will be sure to stay here.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

441 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Plainsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Sheraton in Nola is fabulous! The location is perfect and the property is top notch. Everything in my room was brand new. I loved the full length windows with great views of New Orleans. The room was spacious and had all the amenities you needed. I appreciate the $5 coupon to Starbucks if you didn't use housekeeping. We don't typically have housekeeping come in anyway, but it was very nice to be rewarded for being "green!" The bar and restaurant in the lobby was a little pricey, but there are so many options close by, you don't even need to go there. The elevator system was a little tricky, but once you figured it out, it wasn't a problem. The only complaint I had was the noise. We were all the way down the hall and we heard, what we believe were the elevators, all day/night. No reason not to stay there though. Great property!

Green Features: Love the reward for not using housekeeping! Great way to promote these "green" practices.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We arrived April 12 from H-Town and right away I felt welcomed and at ease with everything you hear about New Orleans. My perception completely changed when I looked out my window from the 18th floor and I saw this joyous and festive city everyone having a great time. Staying at this property helped me greatly, Jillian at the front desk, Virtis the Bellman very nice and kind also, Brandon the manager very professional. Ben the Waiter at the restaurant very straightforward and courteous. Overall a fantastic property and a well trained crew. Stay here! it is the best hotel by the French Quarter, C'est Vraie. Laissez le Bon Temps Roulez.. Justin

Stayed April 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

One of the best Sheratons is NOLA!!! We have had the opportunity to stay here each visit and from checking in to check-out the staff is outstanding. A shout out to Michael Adams in management who was greeting customers waiting in line with a WARM welcome that set the stage for our 6 night - 35th Anniversary and my husband's 70th birthday celebration!!!! Michael is why we are Starwood members....the personal touch from a huge hotel chain is hard to come by. Chenellia at check-in and Caroline in the Club lounge need to be acknowledged for friendly service, thank you! Now to the key notes....location-convenient; decor-urban, practical and efficient; BED-superb; the remodel looks and feels good. We were on the 46th floor with a wonderful view floor to ceiling. Our room was clean with necessary supplies replenished. We had one of the best weeks and will be back next year to our FAVORITE SHERATON!!!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor
Green Features: We are into recycling and they have a program for those of us who care.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Norway, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The hotel itself was great. I was there for four nights. My room was a King Suite on the 18th floor. The suite was fantastic... Good size kitchen (although the fridge could have been bigger), nice living room area, bedroom and bathroom were perfect. Big screen tv in the bedroom which was nice. One wall was all windows- views were beautiful - overlooking the city. Bed, linens and pillows were comfy. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant on the 2nd floor was very good, Starbucks in the lobby along with a big bar. The location was ideal. The negatives... if you are a light sleeper, you will be woken up by slamming doors. The doors shut very loudly and of course there are a lot of folks coming and going all hours of the night. It was hard to get a good night's sleep. I woke up many many times each night after getting startled by a slamming door. A bit expensive. I stayed the first night in the French Quarter for 1/2 the price. That hotel did not have all the bells and whistles that the Sheraton had but I did get a much better night's sleep.

Green Features: Didn't really notice anything different than any other hotel I have stayed at.
Black Diamond, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Funny thing, I thought the major function of a hotel is for a person to get a good night's sleep. I guess not here. Don't expect to get one if you stay here. They have these heavy, heavy doors that just automatically shut and shut LOUDLY. Loudly enough to SLAM and SHAKE your room and wake you up. With the drunk 20 somethings running up and down the halls, having a party in the hall, going in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out SLAMMING their doors it is impossible to get a good nights sleep. It starts just about 11:30-midnight and really gets going about 4:00 AM.
I want my money back.

Little Rock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Room and facilities were what you would expect from a Sheraton - nothing disappointed me but nothing blew me away either. Several of my friends had on-going issues with their room keys failing to work and getting an attitude from the staff but I didn't experience any problems myself. Food was fine, nothing stellar but who would expect a hotel to offer great food?

The location is what makes this place great! Trolley stops right outside, you really are walking distance to many of the prime sights of New Orleans.

Room Tip: Go high if you can get it - help reduce some of the incessant siren sounds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!