“Nice place and Easy Access” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Little Rock
“Nice place and Easy Access”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Room and facilities were what you would expect from a Sheraton - nothing disappointed me but nothing blew me away either. Several of my friends had on-going issues with their room keys failing to work and getting an attitude from the staff but I didn't experience any problems myself. Food was fine, nothing stellar but who would expect a hotel to offer great food?

The location is what makes this place great! Trolley stops right outside, you really are walking distance to many of the prime sights of New Orleans.

Room Tip: Go high if you can get it - help reduce some of the incessant siren sounds.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Daniel A, Front Office Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making adjustments from your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
HUNTSVILLE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We booked this hotel through our travel agent following a cruise. We were a bit surprised to be put on the 42nd floor, but our room was more than we expected. It was quite spacious. We require roll in shower & accessible features, and things couldn't have been better. The view from our floor-to-ceiling window was incredible, looking up Canal Street toward Bourbon Street. The trolley stopped right across the street, and we took good advantage of it. Combination of a very comfortable bed and excellent temperature control made for excellent sleep conditions!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to a return visit.
Buckley, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We arrived at the Sheraton New Orleans in the late afternoon. Check in was quick. We could have used a quick tutorial on the elevators but another guest explained to us that you push in your floor number and it tells you which elevator to get on. Once you are on the elevator there is no place to push floor buttons, it only goes to the predesignated floors. The system works well, but I've never seen it before! The room is very well appointed and elegant looking - my bed was super comfortable! The only down side is I wish there was a little refrigerator.
View out the window over the Mississippi and the city is quite pretty. The hotel is easy walking distance into the French Quarter.
The down side is that my room is close to the elevators and you can hear them running all night long.

Room Tip: Ask for a riverside view, away from the elevators!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

What a great location. We walked or took the streetcar everywhere. Saks is just across the road. Swam in the roof top pool and ate in the lobby bar & used the wifi. We had to learn "how" to use the elevators, it's as easy as 1-2-3. Beautifully appointed hotel. Starbucks in the lobby, restaurants just outside the hotel steps away. Professional staff. only disappointment: No fridge in our room and the bed was too soft for me.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Saskatoon, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Nice looking, pretty, not bad room size. Quick easy check in.

Be prepared to pay at least $12.99 for every 24 hours of internet service; this is the lowest you can buy unless you want a hour for $5.99. Also this service is slow and keeps disconnecting on my phone so really I'm paying this charge just to be able to face time my kids once a day.

They do not leave more then 1 sugar, 1 sweetener, 1 creamer for sugar. So if you want to have coffee in the morning you need to call and ask for more. The first day I barely had this and no stir stick. Not a huge deal but when your on the 32nd floor this can take time to get.

My clean towels were streaked with black makeup. I'm sure they were washed but no one checked to make sure the previous guest was off the towel completely.

The lounge restaurant was nice to look at, nice to see. The menu looks neat. But the food and service were horrible. I could not stomach the steak fritz truly and left the whole thing on the table. Couldn't find the waitress to pack up my husbands pizza and leave so ended up crossing off my tip and leaving with nothing packed up.

The elevators are loud. We are not close to them but we can hear them run all night. not enough to keep you awake but enough that you are always thinking about them when your awake.

To be honest good location easy access to most things you do want to see. But I don't think I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the overall unpleasant experience. I completely understand the concerns you have and would be happy to speak with you regarding them. Please feel free to reach out to us.

Daniel A.
504-595-6232
Lewiston NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and overall were satisifed with the experience; the location was perfect for us - right on the border of the French Quarter. The room was a good size with a floor to ceiling window with a city view. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had enough room. The fitness room was probably the nicest I have ever seen in a hotel - very large with plenty of equipment. We chose the green option at check in and chose Starpoints as the reward - definitely worth it. The only con was the charge for in room WiFi - should be complimentary - especially for Starpoints members.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Daniel A.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My partner and I stayed in the Sheraton New Orleans for three nights while he was attending a conference. It was my first time to New Orleans, and the location on Canal Street right on the edge of the French Quarter was very convenient.

The room was spacious and clean, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom functional. The service in the hotel was decent, but I honestly didn't interact too much with staff members. Housekeeping did a good job keeping the room clean, and once they figured out there were two of us in the room they began leaving two bottled waters, which I really appreciated.

The bar in the lobby was spacious, but I wish there was more seating outside of the restaurant/bar area. One of the best amenities for me, though, was the fitness room. It was large, clean, and had plenty of both cardio and lifting options. I really appreciated this since let's just say I had a lot to work off from my stay in New Orleans.

There a few things which prevented this from being a five star rating for me. The bathroom didn't have a fan, which can be quite helpful with two guys in the room, and I called twice to guest service for a corkscrew to open a bottle of wine, but they never brought one up. Those are pretty minor things, though. All in all, I can definitely recommend the Sheraton New Orleans.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!