“Price-Gouging & cost-cutting at it's finest!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #74 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Price-Gouging & cost-cutting at it's finest!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This property charges a whopping $38 for parking per night! (valet only) & an additional $14.95 per day for high-speed Internet! (These prices are disclosed when booking a room...however, do not be fooled into thinking there is other parking abailable within SAFE walking distance at night for a reasonable rate!) Vending machine on my floor does not work ($2.99 for a 20 oz. soda in the gift shop). In addition, the check-in lines are outrageous! 20-30 plus minute wait to chek-in (been here 3 days-same line all 3 days). Only 2-3 people to check guests in on duty with many other unmanned desks available (& the property knows it has at least one convention booked & in full swing!). Carpet in my room hasn't been vacuumed in weeks, used toothpick still on the floor (I'm not picking it up), towels have old stains on them-not at all the level of cleanliness you would expect for the rates and charges you pay at this location. Vallet staff & front desk staff that I have encountered are wonderful through, and it is a great location if you want to be near the French Quarter.

• Stayed September 2013
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the extreme level of dissatisfaction with your experience. I would be more than happy to discuss this experience with you. Please do not hesitate to contact me.

504-595-6223

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here in August 2013 and was overcharged $156 on my credit card. I immediately called about this when I got home and was told by the woman I talked to that the charge would definitely fall off my credit card. She sounded pleasant and capable. I checked my statement this morning, almost a month later, and guess what, it certainly has NOT come off! I have now left Chris Moix in the billing office two voicemails about this and he has yet to return my call. This is apparently nothing new for this establishment: See Stephanie V. from San Francisco's review on Yelp and also check this out: https://www.facebook.com/SheratonNOLA/posts/10151107790127929
There are so many hotels and B&Bs in New Orleans, why put up with this baloney?

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the billing discrepancy that has been such a hassle for you. I would be more than happy to assist in resolving this matter for you. Please feel free to contact me.

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Came down to New Orleans to celebrate a friends birthday and enjoy the Falcons-Saints football game. The hotel has two views, one of the river and Harrahs casino, and the other view is of the city and part of Bourbon St. Of course we chose the view of Bourbon St (within walking distance). The lobby showed the game on a huge screen in the bar area. The hotel could have put more help on for the waitress service, but all in all, it didn't bother is much, while watching the game. The short walk back and forth to Bourbon St made it easy to have a few drinks and a little fun and easily walk (stumble) back to the hotel with ease. Great place to stay, have a little fun, and getaway to enjoy some of New Orleans good times.

• Stayed September 2013
We are so thankful for your kind words concerning your experience. Our location is phenomenal for sure! We love being so close to the French Quarter and the Mercedes Super Dome for football season. Great atmosphere! I'm glad you enjoyed it. We would certainly love to see you again in the future for your next visit to NOLA.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I really enjoy this hotel since the remodel is complete. I upgraded to an Executive Suite and the room is large and everything is looking/feeling new. The only problem I had was with the air conditioner in the bedroom (there was also one in the living room). The one in the living room was working perfectly and very cold. However, the one in the bedroom was only blowing air (not cold). I called maintenance and they came up and changed the filter and said it would cool off. However, later that evening the bedroom was still not cool. I called them again and they came up and said that there was nothing they could do. That was disappointing as the temps in the bedroom never got lower than 73ish. I need it COLD to sleep.

I also made the mistake of ordering room service. Yes I did order the braised beef which I knew was a chance but it was AWFUL. I’m sure it was microwaved. It was a charcoal brick that was hot on the outside and cold and completely DRY on the inside. It also had a stale taste as if it was originally made many days prior and just reheated. Ugh..awful. Just go out and enjoy the great food in New Orleans and even if traveling for business – try to avoid room service!
The staff were pleasant and the room was very quiet. It's close to the French Quarter (just across the street) so that was convenient.

Room Tip: The Executive Suites are Large with a separate room/wet bar area.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to connect with us. We are very grateful for the kind words in reference to our location and the wonderful associates we have here. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of quality food from our Room Service Department. I completely understand the surprise and frustration of this expectation not being met. Thank you for this information, allowing me the opportunity to address with my team. If you would like to connect with me further, I'll be happy to discuss.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

What a brilliant hotel, right on Canal Street and across the road from the French quarter, out of hotel cross the road and Bourbon Street is there, close to river and paddle steamers, and the best restaurant in New Orleans is only around the corner "The Chop House" .
The hotel has a gym, pool, restaurant, business facilities etc, my only complaint is having to pay for the Internet when all the other places I have stayed at is free, the rooms are excellent, massive double bed, bathroom etc and great views if you get an upper floor.

Room Tip: Everything is right on the hotel doorstep so you save on taxi fares.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
What kind words! Thank you for taking the time to describe your experience for us. The location cannot be beat and the Chop House truly is a fantastic restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Please do not hesitate to join us again for your next trip to NOLA.
Lewisville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I am staying here now. I travel quite a bit and seldom have I stayed at a hotel where employees lack any knowledge about how to treat customers. From check-in to the very rude girl in the gift shop, I have been treated like more of a nuisance than a customer. Sorry to be here for 3 more days. I do want to say that the young man who delivered my room service was a bright spot in my stay. He was very nice and he smiled; so far those have been very few here. Very expensive to park a car here. More like rates in Chicago and San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the less than pleasant perception our team left you with in their responses. I would love to discuss these matters with you. Please feel free to reach out to me.

Brandon, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice room on 25th floor with river view. Could see everything! The beds were so comfortable..the most comfortable one ive ever slept in in a hotel. The only complaint is $45 a day for parking..ridiculous! But as far as accomodations..Love it!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your experience. I'm very pleased you enjoyed our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. They truly are quite comfortable. I love it! We would love to have you return again for your next visit to NOLA!

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!