“Good times & convenient location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #77 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good times & convenient location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel twice. Both times the hotel and room were great. You can get a cheaper hotel but not this nice and not so convenient. What you save in cab fares and parking helps pay for the room AND you get to stay in a nicer place. Win-Win!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
What fabulous feedback! Thank you for the excellent points made about our awesome location within walking distance to all as well as the money saved in not having to call a cab for anything. We really appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is great. My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights over the Labor Day holiday and really enjoyed it. They have two separate elevator banks with 5 elevators per bank, Floors 2 - 30 had one bank, floors 3-50 had its own. This meant that getting an elevator and getting to whatever floor you needed was done quickly and efficiently.

Check was very quick, the front desk staff were very kind and I really liked that they offered carafes of juice, water & coffee throughout the day. The bar was great. Lots of open sitting areas, hightop tables, regular sized tables or just overstuffed chairs/couches on which to relax.

They also offer a $5 "no service" incentive...if you don't want clean towels/sheets/etc. then in return they'll drop off a couple $5 vouches good toward their restaurants...but not their bar. So they weren't completely practical as we didn't come to the hotel to eat at their restaurants.

We would definitely stay here again. It's just walking minutes to the heart of Bourbon St/French Quarter or the Harrah's hotel/casino. Great location!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. Your satisfaction is our number one priority. We are very pleased with our recent renovation and the refreshing look and feel of the property. Our elevators are a wonderfully efficient addition as well. The Make A Green Choice Program is also another great option depending upon your traveling needs. I apologize for the miscommunication with the voucher. It is actually available for use in all of our food and beverage outlets with the exception of the gift shop. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention as I will be addressing with our team. We look forward to a return trip in the future.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel was lovely, conveniently located, and extremely cheap (though it was not high traveling season when I went, so prices were lower). The hotel staff were really friendly and helpful. It's located just outside the French Quarter, Warehouse District, and the casino, making it ideally placed to put you near just about everything you'd want to see in New Orleans. The amenities were also amazing (huge workout room, great pool) no doubt as a result of the massive renovation they had just completed as indicated by signs all throughout the hotel. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I'm so very glad your enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to connect with us. Our location is the best for sure in NOLA, close to all festivities but far enough away from the hussle and bussle of the French Quarter. We really appreciate your business and would love to have you return with us.
Dublin South
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Little disappointed with the overall experience of this hotel. The outdoor pool is tiny, lobby/bar area is nice but freezing and drink and food costs are on the pricey side. Room is standard enough but we were not given a River View room as requested when booking in.

Room Tip: Make sure it's River View room and maybe an end corridor room, we are in the middle and it can b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback from your recent experience with us. I apologize for the disappointing perception of our hotel. It is difficult to keep the lobby area a comfortable temperature competing with the NOLA summertime as well as number of people actually in the lobby. I apologize for the dissatisfaction with the pool area. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please join us again for a chance at a better time.
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was here several years ago and it's completely different now. The lobby space is very open and inviting. I particularly liked the art on the inside and outside of the building.

The restaurant was a big disappointment in this great food town. We stopped in for a quick lunch and were met with a very small menu, especially for one of us with wheat and other allergies. We became optimistic upon reading a note at the bottom of the menu describing the "great pride" they took in accommodating guests with gluten sensitivities. When we asked what the choices were, the server went went back to check with the kitchen and came back to inform us that "only the trout" was gluten free. I'm sorry -- that doesn't count as "accommodating." They should take that note off the menu. We left and ate elsewhere.

Room Tip: Some great views out of the floor to ceiling windows, especially from the high floors (it's a 47...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed our new renovation and the fresh look of our lobby and guestrooms. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the disappointment of your restaurant experience, especially the lack of gluten-free choices on the menu. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention, allowing me the opportunity to address with the team.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed here on 8/30-8/31 and the location was Perfect... No problems what so ever!

The hotel, staff & room was very nice. Since my room was ready I got to check-in early, which I really appreciated! Starbucks coffee packets in room and Tazo tea!

I got this room with a discount special and thought I would be on the lower room with no view BUT no, I got the 39th floor. Great view of the FQ and Canal Street with the Trolleys!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Sheridan!!!

Big o'comfy bed with extra plush pillows! Fluffy white bed covers and bathroom towels soft! I was looking for the refrigerator but there was none, oh well.

Yes, the pool area was small but come on, what do you expect an olympic size pool for a roof top?

I enjoyed my stay and will recommend this hotel and tell friends and family! :)

Room Tip: Next time I would like to see the water view side!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for connecting with us regarding your experience. I am so happy that you enjoyed your room and view of the Mississippi River. It is beautiful for sure. Thank you for the glowing recommendations! We certainly look forward to your next visit to our great city!
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We drove from south FL 11 hrs and after we arrived we learned "just minor" detail parking is $43+tx valet ONLY. When I told them I will pay if full responsibility for car late model BMW and my items inside will be valet parking responsibility .... I was assured that this is standard. I asked to review contract and of course second line on it said " we are not responsible.... Bla bla "
So I pay for room $75 and Sheraton is responsible for my life and life of my family and I pay $50 to park my car and someone blackmail me to give them keys an access to my property and .... No responsibility??? I immediately left this hotel and did NOT let them to rip me off! I will NEVER stay at Sheraton again !!!!! Go elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience with our valet team. I would be happy to discuss with you further. Please feel free to reach out to me.

504-595-6223

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!