“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #74 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Visited this city in June after travelling down from memphis which was an unbelievable experience. This hotel is spacious and comfortable well situated on canal street making it accessable for all the sight seeing areas. Staff very polite and helpful. Didnt rate the breakfast buffet much which was expensive and not very warm. Starbucks cafe on site and spacious bar and snack area in foyer. Would definately reccomend this hotel for a stay in New Orleans.

Room Tip: overlooking swimming pool. Which isnt very big
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you so very much for your nice feedback. We would love to have you return for a repeat performance for your next visit to NOLA!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We travel almost every week and have enjoyed this hotel twice. The service is great especially considering how big the hotel is. Te lounge in the sky is very nice with great views. The lobby bar is a great spot for watching people and enjoying some sports. Our rooms have always been first class and the suites have amazing views.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are so grateful for your kind words regarding your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to connect with our team. Our team strives daily to provide genuine warm service to all of our guests whom we have the pleasure of meeting. We would be honored for you to return in the near future for your next visit.
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed an extra night in N.O. and got one night at the Sheraton through an online blind bid. It was great. Roof top pool was great for kids. Hotel was recently updated. Lobby you can sit in and watch the activity on Canal st.

• Stayed August 2013
We really appreciate the feedback concerning your recent stay with us. Our location is awesome, especially for people-watching. I'm glad you had the opportunity to join us and have such a wonderful experience. Please join us again in the near future.
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton for five nights, and here are my thoughts about what was good and what needed improvement.

THE GOOD:
Location is the one good thing this property has going for it. It's located right on Canal Street, so it's easily accessible. It's just a two block walk to Bourbon Street and six block walk to Jackson Square. From this location you can walk to many of the best attractions and places to eat in New Orleans. The view is also great. With nearly 50 floors of rooms, get a high floor and you'll have a great view of the city.

THE BAD:
Parking is so expensive it's like paying for an additional cheap hotel room every night. When I booked my stay, the rate on the website showed $32, but when I checked it I found out it was actually $38. I was told that the rate had increased about a year ago, but they were late in catching some of the spots online where the new rate had not been updated. It would have been nice if the hotel communicated this with everyone since I'm sure I wasn't the only one who saw the old price on the website. Either way it's still ridiculous. I've parked overnight at hotels in downtown Chicago at cheaper rates than this.

The hotel bellmen were also very rude. While unloading my car, I saw several luggage carts near the door. I grabbed one of them to start unloading the car, but then I was approached by a bellman who indicated that I wasn't allowed to touch it. I would have to use the bellman services if I wanted to use one. He then physically grabbed the cart and pulled it away from me. I stay at around 20-30 hotels every year, and I've never had someone grab a luggage cart and take it away from me while I was moving it. This is just one more money grab from the service industry. Later on in my stay I encountered several other guests moving luggage carts, so I'm not even sure if what I was told was the truth.

Prepare for extortion on the in-room internet fees. They charge 9.95 per day for basic or 14.95 per day for high speed. Are you kidding me? This isn't 1991. In 2013, free internet is something that should be provided to everyone at anyone hotel. What's next? Maybe an additional charge for having a bed or running water in the room? Get with the times and stop trying to nickel and dime travelers for the most basic amenities.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear HighwayWarrior,
I am sorry you had the experience you describe during your stay. I assure you I will follow up with our bell team regarding the behavior you describe. Our team offers luggage service at no additonal charge. Regarding the internet service we provide a variety of options for our guests. We recently added a 1 hour option for only $5.95 if you just need to connect briefly. We also have free internet for all of our guests in our Link@Sheraton space located in the lobby.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience.
Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stay at this hotel at least two weeks a month and it has truly become my home away from home. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. The staff if friendly, professional, and always willing to accommodate my needs. Everyone from the valets, to bell hops, to front desk, and managers are quick to address my needs. I have stayed at all of the Starwood properties in the New Orleans area and the Sheraton is by far the best value and most comfortable stay. The fitness center is wonderful and the pool is very nice as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Granbury, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We recently stayed at the Sheraton on Canal street and had a wonderful experience. We came to New Orleans for the "bourbon street experience" for our first time so i wasn't really sure what to expect but i knew i wanted to stay somewhere where i felt safe and i did at the Sheraton. The hotel is very nice especially for the rate we got!! (We paid roughly $94 a night because we paid in full at the time we made the reservation). The hotel is walking distance from Bourbon street and the Harrah's casino and there is a Starbucks located in the hotel which was really convenient! The distance from Bourbon was perfect because it wasn't too far but it was far enough that there weren't a bunch of drunks and weirdos hanging out in front of the hotel. The rooms are very nice and the beds are really comfortable. IF i ever go back to New Orleans again, i will be staying at the Sheraton on Canal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

For a city with such charms, the Sheraton is a pretty bland behemoth of a structure. I stayed here for a weekend and it was a suitable hotel from which to explore the city's tourist areas, as it's on Canal and only a couple of blocks from Bourbon Street, but it's hardly a place you're going to want to do much more in than sleep off a hangover. It's better built for conferences than anything else. There's nothing wrong with that, but I was hoping for a hotel with a little more jazz in New Orleans, you know? Next time, I'll probably try staying at the Four Points on Bourbon Street and take in the atmosphere from there. One note: big club lounge, but very little on offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!