“Good hotel, great views over the Mississippi River” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #78 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Geneva, Switzerland
“Good hotel, great views over the Mississippi River”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here while I attended a conference in the same hotel. Although we didn't eat in the hotel restaurant, we can confirm that the ground floor bar had excellent service and friendly bar staff.

The room was comfortable and well decorated and, most importantly for me, the internet connectivity was of an acceptable standard and included in our stay.

The view from our 36th floor window over the Mississippi river was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans while staying with us. Thank you for the feedback and kind words. Hopefully, a return trip is in order! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton New Orleans Hotel for a conference in July. To be honest - I was not thrilled about staying at a Sheraton, I'm more of a Hyatt or Hilton fan. The hotel in New Orleans is very clean and the employees are very nice and accommodating. The staff were always willing to assist or point me in the right direction for anything. There is a great program there which gives guests a $5 hotel gift certificate to be used towards food or drinks within the hotel. This is great when you really want Starbucks, but perhaps do not want to spend the money because of all the other expenses you might have. All you have to do is hang a sign on the door knob (similar to the do not disturb signs) which signifies that you do not need housekeeping to change sheets or towels. This allows for a greener system which saves water and energy. Great program and I received two certificates while there.

The last night I was there was the president's reception. I have been to several conferences and usually once you've been you understand that the food at the hotel is never anything to write home about. I was completely wrong about this hotel. The food at our New Orleans themed reception was spectacular. It was all hot, fresh, tasty...it really was the best conference food i have ever had.

The ONLY thing i could say negatively about this hotel is that the plumbing is loud. The pipes screech when you flush the toilet. Other than that, everything was superb. Great location, great staff, great food. Highly recommend this place for vacations or conferences.

PS - go to the restaurant downstairs and try the bleu cheese fries. Awesome.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about your experience. I am very grateful for your kind words and recommendations. The food truly is fantastic and the service is genuine with a touch of southern hospitality. We look forward to your next visit to NOLA!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

i'm still waiting on my spoon..
Honestly its not worth the waiting and the headache of dealing with the staff, i would stay somewhere else.

Why i am giving a poor rating:
1.The staff is really not polite it almost seem like they are doing you a favour when you ask a question.
2.The room service when i tired to get a spoon took over 2 hours and eventually i just gave up and went out. The hotel staff kept calling to see if anyone brought it up and when i said no they said they would send someone up. No one came.
Also they said they would call me back. Guess what, yup no call and the person i spoke with was so rude.
4.For check out there is no express check out so you have to line up with those that are checking in and the line can be very long.
5.I had already prepaid with hotels.com and the Sheraton charged me on my credit card 3 different charges.

If you don't care about service maybe this is a good place but when your drunk or tired or just need to use the bathroom prepare to wait on that dam elevator.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for different situations that led to the negative experience. I would love to connect with you to discuss further. Please feel free to contact me.

Josh C.
504-595-6223
Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Having stayed here earlier this year we deceided to stay again. Got a good prepaid rate online.. check in a breeze. However, we paid alot more last time and can say it was a nicer room. This one was clean and a great veiw. There was a crack across the ceiling about 11 foot long. The bath tub was not as large as the other one. My biggest complaint is the exterior windows were very dirty. The hotel is great no matter what and can't beat the location.

Room Tip: Riverfront veiw is amazing. on 41rst floor i could sit there and watch river traffic all day long.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
We greatly appreciate the feedback regarding your experience with us. The location and views are quite fantastic! We look forward to your next getaway trip.
Hammond, LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Have stayed at many places around the Sheraton but never here. Decided to book this one for one night as our friend's band was playing at the House of Blues and we wanted to cheer them on!! Check-in was a breeze (so my wife tells me as i wasn't there yet, some of us have to work!). Elevators were a tad on the odd side. Not so much for me as i quickly figured it out but the wife and her friend has some issues they were telling me. You don't just press up or down, you have to, prior to walking into elevator, enter the floor number you are going to. Our room was 3619, so naturally on the 36th floor, so we would enter 36 on keypad, and it would tell you what elevator to go to. Was unique.

Room was big and open, bathroom was nice as expected. Window was also interesting, was one of those full body windows. Was a tad creepy at first as we were SO high up it put me on edge a little. But after we came back from drinking all night was awesome looking out into the city. The windows were super sturdy and were not able to be opened, so don't worry.

Only thing i didn't like, and this it total personal preference, is the pillows were too soft for my liking. I like a more firm pillow, and I'm sure had i asked the front desk they would have made it happen, but I didn't bother. Bar area/restaurant downstairs was good, food was fine, good selection of beer and drinks down there. Starbucks in the lobby was jammed packed the next morning, but seeing how they gave us starbucks coffee in the room, i brewed my own and saved me 5 bux, sweet!!

Location is killer, right on Canal in safe part. 3 blocks from casino, tons of restaurants and things to do. Nothing wrong with this place, i'd stay again...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your experience. We look forward to your next visit.
Upland, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This Sheraton I give it 4 stars it is very nice with great amenities but falls short of the 5 Stars because the staff can be rude and unfriendly. I booked a higher floor room for a little more money, you get free wifi and breakfast in the club and snacks in the evening. The higher floor was quieter and had a great view of the city and the lake. The room is not as roomy as I thought but the housekeeping was great. Some problems the movie channel was down the first day and I saw room service trays on the floors in the morning. The restaurant was slow with service for lunch if you are there with conference Like me this will be a strain. The hotel is a 10 block walk to many attractions, WWII museum and Southern Art Museum. It is literally across the street from the Insectarium and down the street from the Aquarium and a few blocks from the French Quarter and the famous Café Du Monde. I recommend the higher floors as you get access to the club house and it is a nice room to sit and get work done with a great view. The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff comes early and is efficient.

Room Tip: get a room on the floors above the 42 floor, quieter with beautiful views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your valuable feedback! Our location is very convenient for French Quarter browsing. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the impression you received from our team. I would love to connect with you regarding these interactions. Please feel free to contact me at 504-595-6223.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

The hotel lobby became a meeting place for my friends and I. Also in the registration area they had brownies, cookies and flavored water for the guest. Just walking distance to Bourbon Street. The room was big and clean. The front desk was excellent. The pool is average but hey who goes to Nola to swim. Lol...They provide a 50% coupon for drinks or food but we forgot to use it.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the River
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding your experience and look forward to your next visit to New Orleans!!

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!