“Enjoyed my stay here...awesome view from room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton New Orleans Hotel

You added Sheraton New Orleans Hotel to your Saves list
Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #78 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Saint Charles, Missouri
“Enjoyed my stay here...awesome view from room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, rooms are very nice, nothing outdated. Wish there was a mini fridge in the room but no biggie. I was on the 24th floor and there is a huge picture window and you can see for miles. My bed was nice and had four regular size pillows, not the tiny ones that most places have.

The location is great...walking distance from everything you need. About 2 blocks from Bourbon. The street car runs back and forth in front of it all day and night so you can get around to other parts of French Quarter. Try to get an early check-in...before 11:00am. I was able to get in my room at 10:30am. Walked through the lobby around 4:00pm and there was a very long line to check in.

If you order room service, be sure to check your bill before signing it. I ordered breakfast which was a flat rate, but they added two extra pieces of toast for $7.50 (that I didnt order) and also know that a 22% tip is already included in the total. The bill was $40.00 for two eggs, bacon, hashbrown and a muffin. They were good with adjusting the total when I checked out.

Room Tip: I was on the 24th floor and the view was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
SheratonNOLA, General Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
sfodor218,
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will come back to visit again soon. I will follow up with our Food and Beverage team to see why the erroneous charge was on your room service order. I am glad our team was able to resolve it to your satisfaction before you left. That is always our goal.
Jim Cook

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The Sheraton New Orleans on Canal St. is simply awesome. It is a very nice hotel and very spacious. The lobby is a sight to see as well. The people who work there are very nice. The rooms are top notch. The best thing about the hotel is its location to Bourbon St. and other famous areas within NO. I highly recommend this place for lodging. The bar is a nice touch that they have in the lobby. It is a circular bar and very big.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Vineetarora,
We are glad you enjyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.
Jim Cook
Troy MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, my wife and I were a little concerned about our visit to the Sheraton in NOLA. We arrived at the desk to experience little or no wait. We spoke with Laura and asked for a room away from busy traffic patterns, vending machines, wedding parties, etc...since we are relatively light sleepers. Laura was more than helpful, she arranged a room on the end of an upper floor where we could see the Mighty Miss. We heard nearly nothing for four days. The staff conducted themselves very professionally and were very friendly. The only gnat in the ointment was the noise of doors shutting which is a problem in many hotels. It sometimes sounded like a shotgun going off in the middle of the night. Can't hotel architects design a hotel door than doesn't sound like a howitzer being fired? I'm just saying... Overall, thanks to Laura and the Sheraton staff, our visit was tremendous!

Room Tip: Be nice to the desk staff and they will be nice to you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Josh C, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton New Orleans Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us with such kind words. I understand how the noise from the doors clsoing in the hallways can be disruptive, especially me being a part of the Light Sleeper Club myself. The staff truly is the face of the experience, which I am truly glad you enjoyed. We look forward to a chance to give that same experience for your next visit to NOLA.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Rooms VERY clean and nice! Awesome view of New Orleans! Right across the street from French quarter! Great location! Valet parking costs are added to final bill just FYI! Would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for connecting with us regarding your experience with such kind words. We are truly thankful that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to NOLA.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I visited NOLA July 5-8 2013 for the EMF. There were a lot of people staying in the hotel for this event. Check in was a little slow however for it to only be noon, the rooms were ready upon arrival. I was in a king size suite with a great view of Canal Street from the 41 fl.. The night view was amazing. The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. The location was great & close to the French quarter, the RiverWalk, Harrahs Casino, EVERYTHING right at your feet and within walking distance. The trolley stopped right outside the door. The only reason I didn't give a 5 point rating is because the breakfast was very pricey and my housekeeper threw away my souvenir cups.

Room Tip: make sure you visit Court of Two Sisters for brunch! The price of the buffet is the same as this hot...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to your next visit to NOLA!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was here alone for a conference. Service was phenomenal, and always with a smile. The cleaning staff were quick to respond with any questions, and the front desk staff were prompt and efficient.
Rooms:
- I love Sheraton beds and bedding - the most comfortable out there!
- free wifi in the lobby and your room (almost unheard of in this name brand hotel or higher)
- free bottled water in the room - lifesaver!
- get a view of the river

Location:
- right on Canal street on the edge of the French Quarter; ideal for walking down Bourbon or hopping on all the trams, or for a 15 minute walk to Cafe du Monde.

Amenities
- their food and restaurants are the weakest part. our conference food was average, and i ate breakfast at the bistro and was underwhelmed for the price and quality
- front lobby is cool with fresh flowers and a cool bar/water fountain
- pool is small but sufficient (outdoor only 4ft at deepest)
- gym is more than adequate
- airport shuttle goes right here

Tip:
- opt in for the Sheraton 'green program'; for each night you don't get fresh towels or your room cleaned, they give you a $5.00 voucher under your door to be used in the hotel. The best part - it includes the Starbucks in the lobby- so free drink!

Room Tip: Pick the river view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to connect with us regarding your experience. We are grateful for your business, but more pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to a return visit to NOLA.
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Sheraton New Orleans is quite a large hotel, and the staff are all very friendly.

Upon arrival, Jay at the front desk assisted us in getting a King bed instead of 2 Doubles - he was great.

The hotel is always very busy as it is conference-focused, but our floor was not noisy and did not have any issues accessing the hotel amenities even though there were many people here.

Our only problem was with the speed of staff responding to requests. On the first night we did not have toothpaste or a razor, so we called the front desk and were told they'd be right up. They never came. I called the front desk again first thing in the morning and was told the same thing. This time an employee came up in about 5 minutes, but with only the razor, no toothpaste. Called the front desk regarding the toothpaste again and was told they'd be right back up. No one ever came and we ended up having to go to the front desk ourselves to get toothpaste Ok, fine, no big deal, right? Well, upon having a shower I realized our shower was clogged. I called the front desk and they said manintence would be up - they never came. I stopped by the front desk when leaving the hotel in the morning and advised the front desk clerk. I was told maintenance would be up in 15 min to fix it. When we returned to the room in the evening I checked the tub -- it was still clogged. Called the front desk again. Maintenance finally came 15 minutes later and took about 20 - 30 minutes to unplug the drain (what the heck was in there?!!).

However, even though the service was slow, when I advised Laura at the front desk about the delays we had experienced, she gave me and card for 2 complimentary breakfasts for the duration of our stay (my partner accompanied me on the trip)--I did not ask for it nor was I complaining, she just sprung to action and made the offer, and it certainly took any bad taste away from the experience.

Fitness room is better than most gyms -- cardio, free weights, machines, mat space.

Our room did not have a fridge, so keep that in mind if you're wanting to keep your own food.

There is a strange intermittent "beeping" sound that can be heard in the rooms. I thought it was from the elevator, but our room was well down the hall. The sound sometimes is louder and closer than other times, and it does not occur with any regularity. Very strange, but did not interfere with us sleeping, just annoying and weird.

Great location for the hotel too! Across the street from the French Quarter and only 2 block from Burbon Street. Away from the craziness of the area, but close enough that you can walk to Frenchman Street in about 15 minutes. Easy to hop on the streetcars too by just walking out the front of the hotel. One block away from the casino.

Good hotel, I would stay here again. Just make sure you follow up on any requests so they don't get forgotten about.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the river - great view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton New Orleans Hotel? Share your experiences!