“Horrible location /next to dirty night (hood boogers) I never went there but I heard them.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Midtown Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added Midtown Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
Midtown Hotel New Orleans
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3900 Tulane Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119 (Formerly Quality Inn Midtown) (Mid-City)   |
Ranked #147 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

Horrible location, crackheads and hookers on street corners.Mid-Town Hotel is located in a run-down neighbor. The only good think I was able to take a cab to the French for $10. First let me tell you the room was in extremely bad condition, cigerette holes in my sheets dirty towels. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. For my safey and your safey place get a hotel downtown. I stayed a d Mid town for 1 and I just decided to a room downtown Queen Cresent hotel which is ten times better that Mid-town.

• Stayed April 2012

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
alexandria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel could use a little more attention. It needs work on its cleanliness, and also new beds and television remotes, as well as lamps.. But, on a positive note,, the staff was very friendly, and willing to accomidate.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!

Ugh.. where do I begin? It was our first time in New Orleans and we decided to stay at the Mid Town Hotel because we were tired from our trip and it was the first place we saw as we were coming into the city. Needless to say that was a HUGE mistake!
The hotel in general is old and cheap. The rooms smell like mildew and you will probably get some type of foot fungus if you walk barefoot. The bathroom was small,mediocre, and annoying as the shower curtain fell off several times during the night scaring the crap out of me.
The hotel appearance and the cleanliness are not nearly half as bad as the service this "quality" hotel offers. Just before our tour, an uneducated lady named "Tammy" banged on our door stating we needed to check out. I explained to her that there must have been a mistake since we had paid three nights and that we were not checking out. She had a terrible attitude so I figured we'd resolve this downstairs in the office instead of in our room.
I reach the office and no one was there. About 20 minutes passes until this lady decided to make an appearance. She argued with us for about 45 minutes saying that we had to check out immediately. When I offered her my credit card to charge another night, she refused it because she stated that we had reserved the hotel online and had gotten a different price. I tried explaining to her that we were walk ins and had booked our room the day we arrived, but she acted like we were crazy.
She refused to hear any explanations or to offer any solutions to our problem and demanded us out of the room. She printed off my receipt and we went upstairs to remove our belongings from our room ( by this point we had missed our tour and I was pretty upset). When we packed our truck I noticed that she had given me the wrong receipt and was confusing us for other people! I told her and she realized she made a mistake- but did not apologize!!! She said that we could stay AFTER the fact we had packed our truck.

We were literally kicked out of this dead beat hotel AND they still charged us for the night we DIDN'T stay since we were kicked out and left without a hotel.

The assistant manager had promised me our money back within that same week and had offered us a free stay, but has now seem to have vanished from the face of the Earth. I've been calling the hotel non-stop and asking to speak to the assistant manager Cory, who is conveniently never there to take my calls. I am tired of leaving messages and have started to think that it is he who is answering the phone and saying that "Cory is not in." I'm pretty sure I recognize his voice at this point...

PLEASE, don't ruin your vacation and STAY AWAY from this place! No one should get treated like we did, especially if you're paying for a service.

Worst experience EVER

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
midtownhotelnewor, Webmaster at Midtown Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Midtown Hotel New Orleans for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you had such a horrible experience.

• Tammy and Cory both received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Cory was approached about reimbursement of your money.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Midtown Hotel New Orleans. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I stayed here with 3 friends for Mardi Gras 2012. This was the weekend of Feb. 19th. The first morning we woke up to a blood stain on the sheets and my friend and I both were complaining of itching later that day, never putting two and two together. That night we were sitting on one of the beds and happened to see something on the other bed, heading for the crevice in the mattress.

After getting a piece of tissue and catching it, we took it downstairs to the front desk and showed management, and asked to be transferred. The manager then told us it was not a bedbug, and that you had to have a microscope to see bed bugs. Being seasoned New Yorkers, we are all very familiar with what they look like as well as what to do when you suspect them. He was terribly rude to us and finally agreed to give us a new room.

When we returned to the room to move into the new one, we pulled the sheets off the beds and pulled mattresses up. Our fears were confirmed.

Management is terrible, the hotel is in a bad side of town, we had to buy towels as they gave us ZERO and after asking repeatedly we eventually just bought our own. These are just petty things though in comparison to my next point: The second room did not have visable signs of bedbugs but worse: ***2 OUT OF 4 OF US NOW HAVE SCABIES FROM THIS PLACE.***

Do not spend the money. What you will spend in doctor bills when you return as well as the pain, suffering and embarrassment of being covered in an infectious disease is not worth it. Spend that money on a cleaner, bug free hotel.

Room Tip: Any room outside of this hotel will be better.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in having the rooms properly stocked with towels and other items before reporting them as ready for new guests.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs in the two rooms assigned to you and instructed to see to any necessary extermination.

• Management received additional training in the courteous way in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Midtown Hotel New Orleans. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012 via mobile

At first our stay seemed great..but then it was one thing after another. one light worked in our whole room which was a lamp we had to constantly move around the room. Come to find out we had other friends staying with us, COCKROACHES, that is. There were yellow/orange substance all over the sheets. Tile off the bathroom floor. Stayed for 3 nights and not once did they have any clean towels to give us. A young lady that worked there would rather play on her phone and eat her food then help you with anything. Everything about it was awful, it just got worse. Empty bottles of adult 'fun' substances under table on floor left behind from guest before. They claim to be under new management, and will be improving in the next 6 months. It could be a nice place, simple the people that work there don't care..so there for it will continue to get bad reviews. Its a very unsainitized, unhealthy, disturbing place i would not suggest anyone of any age to stay there.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest,

• Housekeeping received additional training on the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees and on keeping the rooms properly stocked with towels etc.

• Staff members received additional training on the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of cockroaches in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

Clarksville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel is old and dirty! the carpet is so nasty, you don't want to step on it without shoes. Looks like this is a party hotel for football fans that come into town for games. Very bad smell in the room. Not in the best part of town!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Midtown Hotel New Orleans and see for yourself that we listened to what you had to say in your review. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Jackson, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Visit this location for my first year anniversary and this was the worst motel I have ever visit When I booked this morel the pictures was so nice but when my wife and I pulled up we couldn't believe what we was seeing. We hat to change rooms twice. There was no heat, the next room was so nasty the tub was dirty, the sheets was stained, the t.v. didn't work, no hot water. no wi-fi, the fire alarm was already pulled out, there was a few people living there alone with kids. The kids was always in the lobby area doing homework just taking up the waiting area, no good locks on the door so someone could have came in on us, it smelled like smoke.The front desk gay assistant manger lived there as well and told us that there was a good place to eat across the street called the catfish shack or something was good and that was a bold face lie the food was so nasty there was roaches crawling on the floor and a few was on the sink in the bathroom can u say Nasty. This was a very nasty motel. Anybody visiting New Orleans do not stay at Midtown Hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Congratulations to you and your spouse on your first anniversary.

• Maintenance was informed of the problems you reported finding in the rooms assigned to you and instructed to fix them.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous, honest way in which he is to talk with you, our valued guest.

Hotel Manager.

Been to Midtown Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!