“Very Comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #76 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Sydney, Australia
“Very Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Great hotel, bed extremely comfortable, location was peaceful yet close to Charles St tram so access to French quarter is easy as well as lots of local great eats. Definitely recommend this one to road trippers for parking and location. TIP: The tram/bus travel pass is great value, we did a lot of walking before realising this.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Baulkham Hills, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Reception were helpful, hotel is quaint, our room was big enough and the bed sooo relaxing. First trip to NOLA and I was concerned about safety when walking around, no need to worry. My wife and I did the Bourbon thing and decided to walk back to the hotel on 2 occasions. The WWII museum, casino and river walk all within walking distance. Free parking was one of the reasons we stayed here- handy. Would stay again

• Stayed July 2014
Broussard, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Has non-standard 48hr strictly enforced cancellation policy in lengthy email confirmation which is assumed by them to have been read immediately upon receipt. Tried to cancel 24 hrs in advance and they made no attempt to be the least bit accommodating. Borderline rude. Many other nicer places to do business.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hotels3, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Readers,

When you make a telephone reservation with us, we will always go over the details and terms of the booking, and follow up with the Confirmation letter, via email, or regular US postal service, if email is not an option. It is the guest responsiblity to review the confirmation letter upon receipt to ensure it is correct to the dates, room type and rates quoted. If not, to call immediately to correct.

This guest received the confirmation letter, and did not read it. He admits that he should have, but every other hotel he has stayed in, it is 24 hours notice. I tried to explain our position, but he did not want to hear it. Being a small hotel, off the beaten path, to lose the ability to sell the room on short notice is sometimes difficult, that is the reason we have policies in place.

As with most every hotel, cancellation policies are listed in confirmation letters, and these policies will vary from hotel to hotel. There is no uniform standard that every hotel follows. Some are Same day as arrival but before 6pm, some are 24 hrs prior to arrival, some are 48 hours prior to arrival, some are 14 days prior to arrival, even upto 30 and 45 days prior to arrival, and then there are those that are not subject to cancellation at all..

His reservation was under our standard, 48 hours prior to arrival, therefore being inside the cancellation policy, he was charged the penalty of 1 night room and tax. Please make sure wherever you stay, you read the confirmaiton letters. It is there for your protection as well as the hotels.

Au BIentot,
Dori H Schulman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Picked this place because of the price and the free parking. We had a room that let out to the outside so we could adjust our ac as needed but since this is the south you will more than likely want it cold. I must admit that we booked this room before we took a 5 day cruise and when I got off the cruise I was tired and just wanted my own bed but since we had already book the room we spent the night. I am so happy we did. The bed was amazing. First thing I did when we got home was price one of those beds. The room was nice. It felt like staying in your grandma's spare bedroom with a New Orleans feel. Ac worked very well and the next morning I woke up with my batteries fully recharged. Only complaint was the people upstairs sounded like they had a 2 year-old running back and forth but we didn't complain. The room may have a mark on the wall behind the chair but if thats the type of thing that bothers you then just add a few extra hundred dollars and try somewhere else. Great bed, great ac, woke up feeling better than I did the day before. I was happy with our stay

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

This was perfect for a two day road trip through NOLA. My Dad and I shared one of the loft rooms, which was just right. Front desk was helpful, and we were able to take the streetcar 10 minutes to the French Quarter. Nice and quiet, and they set up a cont'l breakfast in the courtyard. One of the few places with free parking. The room could have been a little cleaner, however. Would stay here again. Two nights = $183. Score!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there this weekend and it was horrible. My girlfriend was bitten by something in the bed and there was a large spider on the wall that we had to kill. Doris (owner) tried to suggest she brought the bug into the room from walking around outside, but she got bit after she got out the shower. She didn't apologize one time,she only deflected responsibility.

• Stayed July 2014
Hotels3, General Manager at Prytania Park, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Readers,

The "large" insect was (1) Spider, the size of a small jumping spider. I did not suggest they brought it in with them. I suggested that it was possible, seeing we are a Courtyard style hotel, with all the room doors opening to a courtyard or an exterior balcony walkway, it was possible it crawled in when they went in or out of the room. That certainly does not mean they did this intentionally.

When she came into the lobby the morning of the 2nd day, and proceeded to raise her shirt to expose the bite under her left breast, and said she wants to show us the bite inside her left butt cheek. I said no to seeing the butt cheek area. We both apologized, myself and our Exec. Housekeeper who happened to be right there for the bug bites, but were not sure it happened on site. We inquired about it, and got some details. We did not offer her medical treatment, as it was a bug bite, and in hot humid weather, walking around our city, or sitting along the riverfront, or in a park, bug bites happen.

She asked us what we thought it looked like, and we both told her, thru her scratching the area, it appeared to be a mosquito bite. She said the bite was not from the spider, but from some other bug in her bed. Suggesting Bed Bugs. We explained to her we have preventative measure for this, but to be sure, we will inspect her bed as well as stripped down the bedding, including the mattress pad for a complete examination. There was no evidence of bed bugs, not a drop of anything to suggest otherwise. All bedding was replaced with fresh. IF in fact it was bed bugs, then she would have been bitten all 3 nights of their stay, leaving some evidence of the act, as there is always tell tail signs, not just the 1night, as they feed on human blood, and are attracted to body heat.

No other reports of issues from the 2nd or 3rd night of their stay. The morning of check out, she filled out the incident report, and stated she was upset that we did not offer her Medical Attention. However, as she stated firmly several times that morning when she advised us, as well at check out , she is a Nurse Practitioner. Being the in medical field, she should have spoken up that she needs to treated by a doctor. From a Hotliers point of view, a bug bite is not one that you normally send a guest to a doctor for unless they are having a severe reaction to, which she was not. She went on about her 4 day stay and enjoyed the City, and the Essence Festival. She of all people would know what bug bites need medical attention, and which do not. She did not ask to be treated that day, or the next day of their stay, or at any point of her stay. Had she, we would have sent her to the Urgent Care near by.

The pictures they provided us appeared to be a mosquito bite, but none the less, she said she was not going to let this go, so being a Nurse Practitioner, she had the doctor she works for look at it, and then went and had 2nd opinion as to what it was. As I said, still holding the bed linens for further use if the need arises, there was no evidence of any bed bugs, ,or any bugs for that matter. There was no blood drops, no exoskeleton remains, no excrement, no nothing. As we said, it is highly possible a mosquito got trapped in the room and found her.

Again, we are a courtyard style hotel with lush landscaping abound, and have preventative measures in place for the issues at hand.
Blue Springs, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My husband and I went down for a quick getaway. For the price we paid I was expecting to , well to not spend time in the room. I was so wrong. We stayed in room 102. It was beautiful! A block away from numerous restaurants, two blocks away from the St Charles streetcar. It was incredibly quiet. Very clean. Huge shower. Very comfortable bed. Large room. Lots of choices for the free breakfast. I was concerned that we shared air conditioning with the main office and didn't have control over it. Not a problem the room stayed good and cool. The staff was great. Our first night there I had a migraine and the lady at the front desk went out of her way to direct us to the closest ibuprofin. Parking was free and off the street. I felt safe leaving the car there and in the hotel. I can't rave enough about my love of this place. We will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Prytania Park? Share your experiences!