“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Provincial

Save Saved
You added Hotel Provincial to your Saves list
Hotel Provincial
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1024 Rue Chartres, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Price
Tripadvisor Special
Ranked #22 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Pennsylvania
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked 14 rooms for our group. My group had rooms in the 100/200 block of the hotel. Our room was a suite, room 314. Each room was a little different and I was inside everyone's room. I would be more than pleased with each and every room. Our suite was big and had very high ceilings and a large bathroom suite along with a seating area. It was very nice. I could not be happier with this hotel. This is in the perfect location and is a beautiful, charming hotel. I worked with Margie as I was booking for a group and she was helpful and overall just a very pleasant person. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a room block for a group or anyone in general who wants a super clean hotel which is charming and in the perfect location in the French Quarter. The bartender here made some of the best drinks we have had in New Orleans and we sampled quite a few. Believe what you hear from those on these boards that love this place! I will probably stay here on all future visits to New Orleans and recommend this hotel to everyone. Thank you Hotel Provincial and staff for making our stay in New Orleans an enjoyable one!

Room Tip: The rooms in the 100/200 block around the courtyard and pool are very nice. The 300 block rooms are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Liberty Township, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

A well maintained historic hotel located two blocks from Andrew Jackson Square. It had a continental breakfast overseen by a special employee, Sherlene. She is the sunshine to start your day. The rest of the staff was equally welcoming and helpful. Our room had a balcony over looking the French Market. We also took advantage of the courtyard parking, for a fee.

Room Tip: Our up grade to a deluxe gave us a balcony to sip some wine while people watching in the afternoon s...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We were so happy with our room. There were 5 of us girls going for a weekend in New Orleans and had booked a room with what we thought would be just a plain jane room with 2 queen beds in it. To our surprise we opened our door to find a HUGE room. There was a living area, kitchen , HUGE bedroom and bath and an upstairs loft with another big room and bath. Gorgeous. It overlooked the small pool. We were in a perfect location. Walking distance to EVERYTHING, not alot of noise, and we felt safe the entire time. We had so much fun. Be sure to check out Norm the palm reader, eat at the old coffee pot restaurant, and the vampire tour. We had a blast. Can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had looked for a boutique hotel in the French Quarter and decided to try The Provincial. We reserved a suite. Upon arrival, we found the hotel full and they put us in a condo which adjoins the hotel. It was sparsely furnished and the door lock didn't work for half our stay. A maid had to let us out one time. The fire alarm control panel on ground floor was blinking orange and marked "inoperable". Breakfast was minimal and crowded. They do have on site parking for $25 and is handy. For the price, we were not pleased with the experience.

Room Tip: Avoid the condos which adjoin the hotel!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'd picked the Hotel Provincial with its' positive reviews and great location as I didn't want to rent or drive a car while we were in NOLA. This is no cookie-cutter chain. The Provincial has lots of charm (in places it could do with less), bucolic courtyards, and a location you just can't beat. Our room was on the 2nd floor in back by the pool, so it was quiet, but tiny. The bathroom was just claustrophobic. I'm 5'10" and had to duck quite a bit to get my hair under the shower head. The toilet is wedged next to the tub/shower and has a door separating it from the sink/dressing area, which sounds good in theory but is REALLY claustrophobic.
Seeing a cockroach (for the first time in my life, might I add) skitter across the tiny bathroom closetlike floor didn't help matters either.
We ended up renting a deluxe room, as that was what they had available for the nights we were there. Not sure what was deluxe about this little room. Room itself is tiny, although I get what they're trying to do with the antiques. However, only having 1 chair to sit on was neither helpful or comfortable. Beds were comfy and linens were nice. There were sticky spots on the carpet by my bed, like someone had pried gum off it but left the sticky residue behind, and the bathroom smelled odd. Lock on door seemed skimpy at best and it felt unsafe with our beds being so close to the door with large shutters on the windows. (now that I think about it, it reminds me of Embassy Suites, and I don't like those doors either. Just feels unsafe.) Ceiling fan looks a bit tippy and tv in old cabinet was just sad looking.
Complimentary continental breakfast was decent (nothing hot to eat, only 1 kind of fruit) but seating is VERY limited, so be prepared to eat outside in the courtyard if the weather isn't too chilly. Pool looked nice, although it was too cold to swim.
Beyond location, the Provincial does offer awesome staff - the only one who was disappointing was the porter who actually didn't carry luggage (or even walk up to our room) but seemed to be expecting a tip anyways. Lame. They even kept our luggage for us as we spent our final hours around NOLA as our flight was early evening.
So if you want some NOLA charm and don't want to drive/rental car - the Provincial is great. But if you like a little more spaciousness in your room and hot food for breakfast, you can find a better deal somewhere else.

Room Tip: Top floor by the pool seemed quiet but had no view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Florence, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Awesome Place, clean, quite, the staff was wonderful, polite and helpful..
I plan to stay there on all my future trips to New Orleans.
The location is easy access to everything and I loved sitting in the courtyard, just outside our door..
My son and his girlfriend came in the second night, they got a room and loved it..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We just returned from a full week's business meeting in New Orleans. Not only did all of our employees stay at Hotel Provincial but we had our customers stay there as well, all 85 of us! I've heard nothing but positive praise from all who attended. We had excellent service. The hotel is charming and quaint. We were provided with an outstanding full catered lunch each day with our own chief. The rooms were very comfortable and the accessibility of the location makes it available to EVERYTHING, all in walking distance. Business folks, if your looking for something outside of the norm- try this grand hotel for a delightful, different experience. I intend to visit again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Provincial? Share your experiences!