“Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

You added Omni Royal Orleans to your Saves list
Omni Royal Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   621 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70140 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off and Free WiFi!
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
“Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

We just returned from my 18th. trip to New Orleans. We stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans and it was the best hotel I've ever stayed at in New Orleans --well in any place I've ever been all the world! The service is top notch from the bartenders, bell men,desk clerks, maids, etc..top to bottom it was the best hotel experience I've had in many years of traveling. When it rained hard one night they even came down the street to give us umbrellas. When we went out they'd look for us to be sure we were safe. There was nothing we could have asked for that someone would not have moved heaven and earth to bring to us.I'll definitely be staying at the Omni on my next trip to New Orleans in October.Bravo--job well done!!~

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Very authentic New Orleans hotel with a great location. I loved the decor and the Rib Room was great! The concierge was very helpful, and we found the staff in general to demonstrate southern hospitality. The rooms were very clean and nice, but they were tiny.

Stayed February 2005
Mathiston MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2005

I have stayed at the Royal Orleans several times and I always check here first for reservations! The hotel is clean and quiet and NOT cookie cutter so there is a very real sense of personality to it. The rooms vary and they all allow you an access to the roof. This is a great place to enjoy the sun and swim. But as it is deep in the quarter, the roof and its bar are wonderful for its view. It is a great Kodak moment and can be very romantic after dark. Room service is first rate and the Rib room is not your usual hotel dining expeerience. I would and have gone again and again and......

• Stayed June 2004, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

My wife and I stayed 3 nights at the Omni and thought it was great. The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. The room wasn't the largest, but no room in the French Quarter is. We also enjoyed the rooftop pool and bar. I think the best part was the location. It is only a block and a half from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon St. and only a few blocks from Jackson Square. (just far enough away to be a quiet spot on a busy weekend). If you're looking for a nice place to stay in the Quarter, and you don't mind paying a little more, this is your place

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2005

Great location. Walls between the rooms are a little thin, but the service and location make up for this. Be sure to get a room with a balcony!

san luis obispo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2005

I stayed at this hotel on a travel agent fam trip and I was so amazed! The view from the roof top was spectacular. You can see downtown New Orleans on one side, the French Quarter on the other and the Mississippi River directly in front of you. Breathtaking! The servicce was awesome. I reccommend signing up as an Omni Select Guest member. if you do, they deliver a newspaper and drinks to your room in the morning and mail you free upgrade and 50% off your next weekend stay coupons before your arrival date. Staff is very accommodating and it is in a great location. I definetly reccommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay at a luxury hotel!

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2005

I'm sorry the previous writer had a mouse problem. However this is the Quarter with old old buildings and such things are hard to avoid. Nevertheless we had a wonderful stay. We had a 6th floor room that was quiet and cozy. The room had thick towels, a coffeemaker, a pay as you drink or eat fridge and if you become a select club member(go to Omni site online and sign up) you can request 2 types of drinks be delivered to your room at the time you specify at no cost plus your choice of the USA Today, Wall St Journal or the Times Picayune. The employees were all friendly and helpful; as I entered the front entrance after jogging the doorman offered me a bottled water. The best part was staying for $75 a night thanks to Priceline. We were able to check in at noon and got a 3pm late checkout. Tip to those driving... the Omni charges $28 a day to park but next door is a private covered parking that charges $15. Overall I cannot say enough good things about the Omni Orleans.

• Stayed February 2005

Been to Omni Royal Orleans? Share your experiences!