“Wonderful location, great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Omni Royal Orleans

You added Omni Royal Orleans to your Saves list
Omni Royal Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   621 St. Louis Street, New Orleans, LA 70140 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
15% Off and Free WiFi!
Ranked #4 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
rockford il
“Wonderful location, great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

I have stayed at many hotels in thr French Quarter and the Omni is one of the tops. The location was perfect. We swam in the heated pool, enjoyed the rooftop view. The only cons were the linens could have been nicer and the parking is pricy. Overall the hotel was wonderful. Will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, April 6, 2009
We’re so happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at the hotel. Replacing our linens is one of our priorities, and hopefully we will be able to complete the change soon. Our rooftop pool is a popular spot for guests, and we’re glad you took advantage of the great views of the city. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Elizabethton, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2009

I stayed at the Omni Royal Orleans with a friend for five days at the end of October last year. The small room with two double beds that I had I reserved had a problem with the faucets in the bathtub, and I have arthritis in my hands. Management generously gave my friend and I an upgrade to a larger room with two double beds. The room was clean and comfortable (we hadn't been able to open drawers in the smaller room all the way to put our clothes away because the room was so small that furniture was crowded together), staff exceptionally nice, and my friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

I'm going to New Orleans again on April 1 with a friend and am staying at the Omni Royal Orleans. Since this is my second stay, I have select guest status. A couple of weeks ago I received a certificate from Omni for a room upgrade, if available. Yesterday I emailed reservations at Omni, giving them my confirmation and select guest card numbers, and asked if a room upgrade would be available. A few minutes ago, I received the following reply: "Thank you for contacting Omni Hotels. If you upgrade your reservation you would be in a petite room with a queen bed. Does this work for you?"

Two old ladies in a queen size bed for five nights? I don't think so - and consider this a downgrade rather than an upgrade. I told them thank you, but no thank you. I was given more consideration when I didn't have select guest status. Hopefully my stay at the Omni Royal Orleans the first few days in April won't bring more disappointments.

• Stayed October 2008
Thank you for your review. We’re glad we were able to accommodate a room change for you and your friend. Concerning your request for an upgrade for your future reservation, that certainly is not an upgrade and we regret the error. We hope that the front desk staff was able to help you when you arrived for your stay over the first few days in April. We certainly want to reward our Select Guest members for their loyalty and we will do everything possible to make sure you have a wonderful stay. Please let us know how your stay was over the first few days in April.
pmasonf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

This is a lovely hotel in a terrific location. It's in the heart of the French Quarter, only a short walking distance from sights like Bourbon Street and the River Walk but far enough away from the noise that it feels nicely secluded. The rooftop pool is terrific and everyone there was helpful. All of which makes the shoddy housekeeping so strange. Twice they gave us fresh towels and left the old ones in a pile on the floor. Twice they turned down the bed at night but left the bed spread in a pile on the floor and one morning they put the bed spread on the bed without even straightening the sheets. If I come back to New Orleans I'll stay here again but since I know the manager reads these reviews it's odd that this has never been addressed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for alerting us to the housekeeping issue. We will make sure to address this problem with our staff to make sure this does not occur again in the future. Thank you for letting us know that you plan to return next time you are in New Orleans. We hope we can make up the housekeeping issue to you during your next stay.
North Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2009

Aware of the Omni quality and service, we chose Omni Royal because of the good reviews here. The immediate Omni management response on Trip Advisor made me believe they really cared. Well, they do. We had a small problem with a squeaky heating duct, no problem, they moved us to another room which was quieter and just as nice. Everyone was so nice, especially the doormen, and would stop and talk to us.
The other factor was location, it was our first visit to New Orleans and we intended on walking to all the sights and restaurants. I cannot imagine a better location for seeing the French Quarter on foot. 2 blocks from Jackson Square, 2 blocks from the riverfront, 1 block off of Bourbon St. and 4 blocks away is Canal St where Royal St. turns into Charles St. where you catch the streetcars. Not to mention all the great restaurants close by! Throw in the great roof top pool and it makes the Omni almost perfect.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re glad to hear that our staff was a delight and able to take care of the squeaking noises by moving you to another room. Our location in the French Quarter is right in the middle of some of New Orleans’ best attractions and perfect for enjoying the sites on foot. We hope you will stay with us again next time your visit New Orleans.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

We went for a convention and my colleague had his own room and my husband and I checked into another. He got a huge king room with a double jacuzzi tub and we got a queen in a tuna can room. There was a mistake because we booked the same type of king room and paid the same.

I politely complained and nothing was able to be done, but I complained again to the next shift and they put me in a nice King room with a balcony. There had been a cancellation and they shifted late comers in and gave us the room. It was spectacular to sit on the balcony each night or morning.

The pool was heated and warm towels, the workout room was adequate and clean, and the doorman was so nice. We could see the mass of people on Bourbon at night and had plenty of activity with weddings and such. Each morning was a short walk to the convention center. If you are unable to walk or take a shuttle, you may want to get a hotel closer, but it is only about .6 miles away and it is a lovely walk.

We were in room 440 and our friend with the tub was in 578, I think. Definitely a nice hotel, especially in a city where cleanliness is not always the norm.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, March 27, 2009
Thanks for writing a review of the Omni Royal Orleans. We are sorry about the room mix up, but glad we were able to accommodate a room change for a balcony room. Those are some of the best rooms in the city to have a true New Orleans experience. We pride ourselves on great service at the front door, front desk and in housekeeping as well and we’re glad you took notice. Please visit us again next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.
St. Petersburg, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2009

We just returned from a weekend in New Orleans for my birthday. We arrived in N.O. very early (7:30 am) and they had a room for us and upgraded to a balcony room because it was my birthday. The room was very nice, very clean and roomy. The staff was very nice and helpful. The concierge gave us several great recommendations for tours and dinner. One small issue, while the towels were very nice the bedding does need to be upgraded. Other than that small issue it was great. We look forward to returning in warmer weather to enjoy the gorgeous roof top pool.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, March 6, 2009
We’re glad that we were able to accommodate an early check-in for you, especially on your birthday. Our balcony rooms are the most requested room type, and it’s a great New Orleans experience to have the views that a balcony room offers. For those that don’t have the balcony, our roof top deck and pool are an excellent way to experience those same views. We have made a note of the bedding upgrade and are anticipating making this change soon. Please come visit us soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

The Omni Royal Orleans is a beautiful hotel situated in a prime location in the French Quarter. My husband and I enjoyed a 3-night stay at the Omni from Feb 12-Feb 15.
Considering that Mardi Gras has just started in N.O., plus Valentines Day in between, the Omni must have been at full capacity during our visit. But the hotel never felt busy. Service was very friendly and efficient. We had to call front desk twice a) hand towels/face cloths were missing from our room one night b) to bring up extra coffee to our room- and both times somebody arrived within 5 minutes of our call, followed with a call from management (?) to make sure our request was taken care of,
The room itself was smallish, but comfortable and well-appointed. It was extremely clean. The king-sized bed was amazing and we both had excellent sleeps during our visit to the Omni. The bath towels are plush and the shower just the right temperature & pressure. We stayed on the fifth floor and had no problem with any noise coming from the street outside (with Mardi Gras in full swing!)
We dealt with two different concierages and they were both very helpful, knowledgeable and caring individuals. The Front Desk staff was also pleasant and willing to help.
Overall, the Omni Royal Orleans is a first-rate, luxurious hotel. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in fabulous accomodations in the heart of the French Quarter.

• Liked — Cleanliness, attention to detail, comfortable bed, great bathroom
  • Disliked — The safe was located on the top shelf of the closet- could be hard to reach esp. if somebody is short
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Omni_Manager, Manager at Omni Royal Orleans, responded to this review, February 20, 2009
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your romantic getaway in New Orleans. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and that your requests were met in a timely manner. Please come visit us again next Valentine’s Day or for your next special occasion.

Been to Omni Royal Orleans? Share your experiences!